The old "Waiting for boot Volume with UUID " Problem

thejollyboys

13 posts in this topic

Guy's,

I have been reading the forums for about a week now and taken all the advice and bought a Sata DVD rom drive.

Tried to boot from it but I keep getting the above error.

I have tried all switches known to me.

Even tried using the rd=disk setting but I think that would only work if i could get past this error.

Is there some thing i have to do to prepare the blank HDD. I have formatted the drive fat32.

There must be somebody out there that knows how to fix this. I've seen a few people with the same issue.

PLEASE help it is drving me mad and has become a personnal mission to get this going now.

Set up as in other posts.

Iatkosv1.0, iatkosv1.0r2, kalyway 10.5.1, kalyway 10.5.2 all tried all the same result.

Asus P5KPL-VM - does not seem to have the jmicron chip on if it has i cannot find the settings in the bios, and i have seen every setting about 4 million times.

Sata attached HDD to sata port 1

Sata DVD rom attached to sata port 2

Thanks for any help or pointers anyone can offer.

parm289,

You're right, not easy to get answers here. I've even pm'd people with no luck.

Thanks, I have formatted the entire disk to fat32.

Not sure what you mean when you say mark it as bootable? Do you mean in the bios or in the format process?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Anybody any ideas please.

I've still not been able to fix this error, getting very frustrated now especially as others on this forum claim to have this mobo working with Kalyway disk!

Thanks.

I also have an ASUS P5KPL-VM board. I had the board working a while ago, but I bought 2 other boards, and swapped things around.

I have just purchased a Q6600 and 2GB of ram, for the P5KPL-VM board, and have been trying to set it up again. I have 2 IDE drives on it, and am booting with a USB DVD drive, but that doesn't really matter. The problem I'm having is the same as everyone else above:

waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</Key><String ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string id="2">boot_uuid_media</string></dict>

I even tried installing the drive on another machine, and connecting it to the P5KPL-VM, booted, and got the same problem.

I tried swapping the disks as master and slave, and back again, to no avail.

I pondered on how I got it working the first time, and jotted down the configuration I used. The only difference I could tell, was the first time I had a graphics card in the box. Then I found this post by LVNeptune, and gave it a try.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117746

I pulled the 7300GT card that I had used from the new machine and put it in the P5KPL-VM, set the BIOS Northbridge configuration for Initial Display to PCI/PEG, and the Internal Display line below it to disabled.

The Kalyway 10.5.2 disk booted up, and didn't stop on the "waiting on" line above, it continued, I installed to the hard disk, rebooted, and it booted up completely from the hard disk.

I don't understand, but something with the integrated graphics is causing the bootup to hang. It may be the amount of memory for the integrated graphics. Even though I had set it to 8MB in the BIOS, when the machine booted the BIOS message at the beginning showed 7MB. I suspect 7MB is not enough for OSX to boot, but that's just speculation.

In any event, put in a supported graphics card, and it will work.

• 5 months later...

Hi, im just gonna tell how i got it working!

Reseted my bios with Fail-Safe options and it all worked out, i think its close to the same as resetting.

Hope this will help alot of people. I was starting getting very frustrated over that problem! =)

Best regards

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had the same problem

I had to disable the usb controller on BIOS and it worked with MSI 945gcm7 (MSI-7507)

Thanks, that worked for me on an ASUS ITX-220. Does the USB work after install for you?