Demonoid Back Online!

101 posts in this topic

I'm gonna guess there would be easier ways to track people that are using torrents. They've been doing it for years, don't really need to fake revive a whole tracker.

BTW, let's say that it is a sting operation. Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be sorta on shaky legal ground that they stole personal information from the people registered to the site. If everyone had to sign up again I might be more cautious, but the fact that the user information was restored gives me confidence that this is the real thing.

Don't know if it is legit, but

tracert shows the facility is located at collocall.net

and whois shows collocall.net is in Kiev.

So, would someone go to the trouble of setting up a fake (with all the real user data) in the Ukraine?

It seems legit

i can login in and i never noticed my ratio stats before demonoid shutdown. 7.9gb uploaded and 8.33gb downloaded for a ratio of .95. and i thought i would have 0.0gb uploaded, lol.

now, i can finally make invitation codes, this didn't work before the site went offline (maybe it was because i had 0.0gb uploaded...).

• 2 weeks later...

Demonoid rocks! Now if I could only get Torrentleech again.

You know why Demonoid is the best out there? They let leechers leech. You don't have to register to leech. You just get "more" privileges when you register. Leechers help seeders get and maintain a good ratio. Yeah! Most other "closed" sites ban leechers, and what ends up happening is that good seeders get demoted in the process, and eventually have to leave the site.

So the site then has to look for more people once again to seed, it's a never ending cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll love Demonoid like everyone else here. I'm not a member yet since every time I look registrations are still closed.

Everything I've heard about it is good though. The fact that it's private and all meaning I won't be scared of torrents.

Makes a nice break from the usual torrent scene.

Does anyone know if they have opened registrations since they reopened? Maybe I just missed them being open or something.

One more question though, Can you guys tell me more about Demonoid in general? Besides the fact that it's private how is it?