Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

I've updated the package with the last 9.5 and Sigmatel 9200 (based on TBcarey's one, speakers are working now ;) , no more shutdown issue ).

I've also add kexts to update the system from Offical Apple's Updates safely. (rebbot will be needed).

Cf first post.

PS: The latest Voodoo kernel support core 2 duo fix, you can use this one instead of the one from the package.

SWEEEEET!!!!!!! I just downloaded and the new sound kext works great!!! Does anyone know if the mic works (I don't have a mic to try with)

Just did the update to 10.5.5. Then changed the bios of the machine for single core...then changed kernels to the modded vanilla kernel. Update works :) Any advantage for the other kernel?

OF NOTE: For me the powermanagement bundle in the post installer didn't work. I had my bundle backed up (which allows for the battery status to be seen). I am attaching it if anyone else needs it

PowerManagement.bundle.zip

SWEEEEET!!!!!!! I just downloaded and the new sound kext works great!!! Does anyone know if the mic works (I don't have a mic to try with)

Just did the update to 10.5.5. Then changed the bios of the machine for single core...then changed kernels to the modded vanilla kernel. Update works :) Any advantage for the other kernel?

OF NOTE: For me the powermanagement bundle in the post installer didn't work. I had my bundle backed up (which allows for the battery status to be seen). I am attaching it if anyone else needs it

If you don't want to have to overwrite the stock kernel to each update, you can mod you com.apple.boot.plist by specify a custom path to your kernel,

like:

<key>Kernel</key>
  <string>/Extra/mach_kernel</string>

Actually installer does not replace Powermanagement.bundle, but install ACPIBattery.kext in S/L/E, witch works with the stock Powermanagement.bundle. So, if this one is patched, ACPIBattery.kext could probably not works.

If you don't want to have to overwrite the stock kernel to each update, you can mod you com.apple.boot.plist by specify a custom path to your kernel,

like:

<key>Kernel</key>
  <string>/Extra/mach_kernel</string>

Actually installer does not replace Powermanagement.bundle, but install ACPIBattery.kext in S/L/E, witch works with the stock Powermanagement.bundle. So, if this one is patched, ACPIBattery.kext could probably not works.

Ah...thanks...I'll give that a try and see what happens with the acpibattery.kext. Where can I find it....is it in the post installer (sorry...just looked....can't see it).

Is there any advantage in using Voodoo? Also those update kext files...should theoretically work with future updates as well right? Any idea of the speedstep enabler works with the modded vanilla kernel?

Any chance this would support my 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] [1002:4e50] ?

I'm on ideneb v1.3 10.5.5 on my Dell Inspiron i9100 (sold as XPS in the States).

Xnu kernel (no vanilla as my processor is SSE2 ;) ).

The VESA only allows for 1600x1200x32 resolution, where my card/screen support 1920x1200x32.

Any help appreciated.

Been lurking/searching around for quiet some time, but I didn't find a solution yet.

From what I understood, only PPC drivers are available for that card in the most recent releases (>10.5.2) ?

Ah...thanks...I'll give that a try and see what happens with the acpibattery.kext. Where can I find it....is it in the post installer (sorry...just looked....can't see it).

Is there any advantage in using Voodoo? Also those update kext files...should theoretically work with future updates as well right? Any idea of the speedstep enabler works with the modded vanilla kernel?

Ok.....just used to acpibattery.kext and the powermanagement bundle install. Didn't work :bag: still not battery meter and now I'm not getting it from my old one either. Does the package from the post-installer replace the powermanagement bundle? Cause now I may need the original :( Anyone got one they can post?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...it isn't that dramatic....but assistance would be nice :rolleyes:

UPDATE

Got a copy of the original from a friend with a real mac and it now works. If there is a new version of this...can it be added to the battery meter fix so it does both?

Also, does the power management actually work now? Or should I keep using coolbook...in other words...does this actually do anything other than show you the battery level?

Any word on line in on a sigmatel 9200?

Click on text.

It is weird installer works on 10.5.2 install on usb disk but on main laptop with 10.5.5 it is a no go.

So i cannot install packages

I really want to try sigmatel 9200 cos I am having problem with shutdown when running on battery

UPDATE

Got a copy of the original from a friend with a real mac and it now works. If there is a new version of this...can it be added to the battery meter fix so it does both?

Also, does the power management actually work now? Or should I keep using coolbook...in other words...does this actually do anything other than show you the battery level?

Any word on line in on a sigmatel 9200?

It was previously, but i decided to stop to update this package, that's why, if powermanagement is updated in futurs OSX updates, you will able to run with latest binaries. But you can easily extract it with pacifist from combo update.

And you still need coolbook.

Any idea of the speedstep enabler works with the modded vanilla kernel?

Yes it is.

Also those update kext files...should theoretically work with future updates as well right?

Can't say...

robi62: download it again, i've repacked it.

Sonotone,

Just wanted to say thank you for great project. Did you ever consider combining forces with OSX86Tools from pc wiz (with nvcap maker)? I guess that would be to good to be true. Keep up the good work.

mav :)

Sonotone GRACE À TOI !

Gros merci ! I finally be able to upgrade to 10.5.5 without any panic kernel.. and my hackintosh work better than ever !! except that I lost my sleep after the update.. but I don't really care about sleep now...

Keep the good work my friend .. !

If you need any help please let us know ! We really appreciate what you done for the OsX community !

Anyone try going straight from 10.5.2 (such as using the kalyway 10.5.2)....using the safe updates kext and updating to 10.5.5 through the apple site?

Work? I'm on 10.5.5 but the disc I had the most success with was that one, and for a reinstall this will save me tons of grief.

Hi Sonotone,

I just updated my dell pc with the 10.5.5 software.

2 things seems not to work to date:

1/ The IntelEnhanceSpeedStep kext seems not to work, even if I reinstall it. What can I do with it. Delete or update anything ?? (in fact, what is the use of this kext ??)

2/ Sleep seems not to work. Is there any issue I forgot ?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

Guillaume

wasn't on for a while here. as sonotone clarified. you need the original pm bundle with the patched acpi kext. took me a while too. I ran through the same problems you did.

the battery meter doesn't do anything but show the % or time. I am using superhai's generic Intel power management control to auto throttle. works great and saves battery big time.

installerv1smallyd0.jpg> installerv1ki8.jpg

Any suggestions to improve this package are welcome.

Build 0.35b (BETA) (updated 07/17/2008)

- Update sigmatel 9200/92005/9228 with Mute support (thanks Devilhood)

- Switch to ACPIBattery instead of AppleACPIBatteryManager

- Add section "Prepare your system for SpeedStep with CoolBook (for non-speedstep kernels, Macdotnub SMBIOS 27rev6 - Macbook/MacbookPro)

- Fix Installations Issues. If you get a message like the kext is not correctly installed, please tell me.

- Add Additional keyboard layout support (with flags): Spanish, Spanish-Mexican, German, Italian, Russian.

- Add Graphics Models for Nvidia's cards

- Fix (i hope) GMA950 Installation and add automatic sleep display at login.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mgmjtyjkve

Installer v1.3 (updated 10/06/2008)

- Add SpeedStep support

- Add patched Kernels for Dual-Core Shuttering (tscsync)

- Add Keyboard Layouts

- Add Macbook Air SMBios model

- Use nawcom's startup method for Intel Gma graphics (not tested*, need feedbacks)

- Add shutdown fix for AppleHDA.kext

- Add new sigmatel 9200 kext ( by jaysonz based on TBcarey's one, speakers issue is fixed)

- Add Safe Update section: Install AppleDecrypt and Disabler.kext (you can use official updates)

- Better Organisation of files, update some scripts, fix installation issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jm4kzzn25j2

V1.3 should be the last build i make. If someone (serious) is interrested to continue and improve this project, PM me.

GET INVOLVED!!

I need Configuration Files for 2-fingers Support (com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist) to improve this package. If you set your own files correctly, please contribute, attach it here.

Trackpads actually supported:

- Inspiron 9400

- XPS M1330/1530

- D630 (by zitounec)

- XPS M1710 (by Fr3aks)

*not tested: I've tested installation process and scripts, but not on related hardware.

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400/E1705 DFE 132 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?lmnremzmqbn

support Sound (sigmatel 9200)/NV Graphics/BatteryMeter/PS2 with nice GUI.

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400/E1705 DFE 132 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?t1tyiiunzro

Chameleon + DFE r146 boot + kexts

build 0.35b (BETA) IS GREAT. BUT AFTER UPGRADING THE STAC 9228, THERE WAS NO SOUND AFTER SECOND REBOOT (FIRST REBOOT WORKS PERFECTLY). PLZ HELP

wasn't on for a while here. as sonotone clarified. you need the original pm bundle with the patched acpi kext. took me a while too. I ran through the same problems you did.

the battery meter doesn't do anything but show the % or time. I am using superhai's generic Intel power management control to auto throttle. works great and saves battery big time.

I actually have coolbook running on startup so I don't have to think about it. Was just hoping that it was one piece of software I no longer needed.

Has anyone tried out the mic with the sigmatel 9200? Wondering if its worth me buying a headset....it does show that it is there in the OS....but as we all know, that means nothing.

D630 Sigmatel 9205 - I'm having problems getting this device working properly. The internal speaker isn't working, but the headphone jacks are. Any ideas? I saw someone mentioned using Dell Package 0.3.3, but I cannot find this...

Iatkos 4i worked just fine it booted right up, now about getting the rest of the hardware working like wireless nic, both cores, sound, make sure the correct driver for video which is Nvidia geforce.

You should try Iatkos 4i with the following options.

Stock files (checked)

Then Sata under system.

Or try to reburn your disk but a bit slower without any application running at the same time.

Let us know !

I actually have coolbook running on startup so I don't have to think about it. Was just hoping that it was one piece of software I no longer needed.

Has anyone tried out the mic with the sigmatel 9200? Wondering if its worth me buying a headset....it does show that it is there in the OS....but as we all know, that means nothing.

A while ago when I had kalyways 10.5.2 on my computer I had I mic hooked up and I don't believe it worked. I don't use the computer mic anyways. My microphone is too powerful for it. could be different now. I can't get my sigmatel working at all now on 10.5.4 and the original patcher site is gone so I'm pretty stuck at the moment. Someone get this fixed and I'd tell ya for sure if the mic works

A while ago when I had kalyways 10.5.2 on my computer I had I mic hooked up and I don't believe it worked. I don't use the computer mic anyways. My microphone is too powerful for it. could be different now. I can't get my sigmatel working at all now on 10.5.4 and the original patcher site is gone so I'm pretty stuck at the moment. Someone get this fixed and I'd tell ya for sure if the mic works

Have you checked out the new patcher? There are audio patchers for multiple cards

Noob here.

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell E1505

Dual Core 2, 1GB RAM, Intel video, sigmatel 9200, broadcom ethernet and wireless.

Using Sonotone Dell Laptops Post-installer, I've got most working.

However no USB.

Any help?

Thanks

Noob here.

Dual Core 2, 1GB RAM, Intel video, sigmatel 9200, broadcom ethernet and wireless.

Using Sonotone Dell Laptops Post-installer, I've got most working.

However no USB.

Any help?

Thanks

try this. worked for me when I had problems with USB

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029

MortnT - You rock! That totally worked and was the easiest fix I've see on this forum!

Thanks!

1 more for you?

No battery meter.

There is a "non" icon at the top that is where the battery meter should be (sort of a space between the time machine icon and airport icon).

When I click on it, grayed out is "No batteries available".

Other than that, I'm golden, thanks to all the help this forum has been!

Dual Core 2 1.83GHz, 1GB RAM, Intel video, sigmatel 9200, broadcom ethernet and wireless

If you need more info, tell me what you need, and maybe tell me like I'm a 3 year old. No scratch that, I bet most 3 year olds are pretty good with computers these days.