OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

Um...i was going to read through all the pages, but then thought it would be easier to ask my question; What do i need to install Mac OSX? 10.4.3 ? If so, i havent been able to find a torrent with enough seeders/leechers. Would be great if someone could direct me to one. PM me if thats how its supposed to work. I just want to get a better feel for oSX before i go and shell out $1250 for a nice Mac computer.

Burnt a DVD using this patch. DVD booted ok (but took quite a long time - like 20 minutes or so). Told me to reboot and then it asked me to insert Disc 2. I don't recall there's a disc 2?

You forgot to hit the Customize button and deselect the "bundled applications", which are on the second DVD of the iMac restore discs (which hasn't been leaked).

Maxxuss has a new site... [Removed Link...has patches now :o] (this one has no patches atm but you should look their as a start)

I have a different problem... I was getting the patch.rar files from a bay full of pirates and the amout i downloaded was slightly messed up. Some how I downloaded 41.45 megs of the 36 meg file... and i still had 21 megs to download... worst of all the % complete was really messed up. i had 21mbs to go with 41.45 done... some how i was only 24.5% done.

If anyone knows of reason for this.. it would be vary helpful.

I just created a new DVD with Patcher (I replaced the i386 folder with M's SSE3 Boot Patcher.) The DVD booted up just fine on my laptop, I formated the HD using Diskutil, and ran the install, but when I rebooted I got a '-' in the top left of the screen, I tried to reboot again and it gave me an error message that it could not find the apple.com.boot.plist (or something like that.) The laptop I own is a SSE2 Centrino, is the HWNCBS' patches the same as M's SSE3 Boot Patcher?

Cool, I found the patched boot files from maxus, and replaced the DVD patcher boot files (in the i386 dir) with them... I just patched the ISO, and am burning it as we speak... I hope this solves my problem with SSE3 detection on my SSE2 AMD box, I'll keep everyone posted as to my success...

Searching about my "b0 error"...

I looked at i386 folder at 10.4.4, and found 1 additional file!

M*****s patched boot files are 7 files. Those files replaced the ones that came with "dvd patcher" (cause theyre were not supposed to skip sse3 check).

But at i386 folder in my 10.4.4 system, there is an 8th file: "boot.efi"

Is it supposed this file not to exist??, or am i wrong??

Could that be the reason for the boot error?

I tried removing it and rebooting, but everything goes the same.

Luckyly i can still boot by inserting the installer dvd.

By the why..., can i get only .kext's files in 10.4.3 installation from someplace??

it's very hard managing the system without a working keyboard...

(i have installation dvds for only 10.4.1 and 10.4.4 but not for 10.4.3 :pirate2: )

Could .kext files for ps2 (keyboard and trackpad) and audio (ac97), present in 10.4.1 work for 10.4.4?

(i cannot try it by now cause i installed 10.4.4 over the partition containing 10.4.1 :P )

Thanks.

I just created a new DVD with Patcher (I replaced the i386 folder with M's SSE3 Boot Patcher.) The DVD booted up just fine on my laptop, I formated the HD using Diskutil, and ran the install, but when I rebooted I got a '-' in the top left of the screen, I tried to reboot again and it gave me an error message that it could not find the apple.com.boot.plist (or something like that.) The laptop I own is a SSE2 Centrino, is the HWNCBS' patches the same as M's SSE3 Boot Patcher?

Have you tried booting with patched dvd inserted in your drive?

(That happened to me ('-' in the top left of the screen) sometimes with 10.4.1 installation and system was able to boot just if DVD was inserted. But after some bootings DVD trick didnt work anymore, until "apple.com.boot.plist" message appeared... :) )

Ive replaced the boot files from bootpatcher_8f1111.zip and still gives me " This Hardware configuration is not supported by darwin/x86. (3)"

ive replaced then with transmac in /usr/standalone/i386

and i tried the java patcher mentioned above

am i missing something?

hey! i have a problem too...

on my amd64 (sse2) it will boot when i start with -v!

but after some time it crashes and an error shows up with ***path*** and then "segmentation fault"....

the patch ran successful but it didn't apply all files! something like 34 of 94 files.... all patches are not applied too!

thats very strange :pirate2:

Ive replaced the boot files from bootpatcher_8f1111.zip and still gives me " This Hardware configuration is not supported by darwin/x86. (3)"

ive replaced then with transmac in /usr/standalone/i386

and i tried the java patcher mentioned above

am i missing something?

mmm... im not really sure what you mean... (since i dont speak english soo much :pirate2:, but ill try to explain )

as i understand you made a mistake.

you must replace files at i386 folder that is in "intel/autopatch/files/i386". Im talking about the content of the dvd patcher, not the macosx system. (where i386 folder is at /usr/stand....., as you mentioned)

the main idea is that the patcher takes the M*****s boot files and get them into the ISO instead of the ones provided with the patcher itself (and then you could skip sse3 check at booting)

hope can help you...

hmm.. nevermind.. got it going by deleteing the files from the dvd then just adding them back again.. weird....

dvd installs great on my northwood p4 sse 2 only machine..

does anyone know if you can make a iso of the 10.4.4 .dmg and use it in vmware? if so can someone torrent a vmware osx image?

i am installing vmware right now.. 10.4.4 dvd patched with the script and i already added the kexts for sound and controllers, along with the sse 3 emulation kernel.. i'll tell you how it went

does anyone know if you can make a iso of the 10.4.4 .dmg and use it in vmware? if so can someone torrent a vmware osx image?

i am installing vmware right now.. 10.4.4 dvd patched with the script and i already added the kexts for sound and controllers, along with the sse 3 emulation kernel.. i'll tell you how it went

awesome! :pirate2:

I got the same thing when i installed in vmware.. just a _ at the top left..

I am running the install dvd Patched (with the sse2 compatible boot files from maxus) on my SSE2 AMD machine, here is what happens when I boot from the DVD:

-Press any key to install, or F8 to quit (press any key)

-Loads up Gray screen w/apple logo, and spinning thing (wait)

-screen goes black, and I get rapid fire info, going too fast to read, I noticed something about errors and things failing to load...

get a prompt in the upper left:

sh-2.05b# and then a cursor... I can type in it, I tried -v as some mentioned..."command not found"

I type, "help"

and realize I'm in GNU bash version 2.05b.0(1)

It lists a ton of commands I can perform, any Idea of what to try???

I probably just did something wrong in patching the install dvd, let me know if you can think of what I should do, Thanks all!

EDIT*** THE SPECIFIC ERRORS ARE: "suchandsuch" Exited abnormally: Segmentation Fault...

sounds more and more like a bad patch job...

Success .. sort of.

I first installed 10.4.3 and followed the instructions with the DVD patch script. Then I burned a disk with the patched 10.4.4. The script removed xcode,although it would be easy to comment out the section of the script that deletes xcode and change the size variable to reflect a DL disk. I then tried installing.

During the install,the mouse and KB worked fine,but after install,the mouse would not respond,untill I plugged it into the USB port. (My MS wireless desktop,(which is listed on the box as mac compatible :-) ) has a bug or something when connected via USB where it will not work untill the OS boots,even though legacy kb is set in the bios. A logitech wireless works fine. I therefore usually use it on the PS2 ports. It also came up and asked for disk 2.

I went ahead and reinstalled,wiping the partition clean and when it came back up,it wouldnt even load the boot loader. I then reinstalled 10.4.3,then ran the 10.4.4 again and upgraded as I did the first time. This time I unselected everything and the install completed without a hitch. It came up to the desktop,and a window came up that said that there was an error loading the AC97 kext. The mouse did not work. This is where I stopped. It seems now its just a matter of getting the right kexts installed. The system specs are as follows

Matsonic 865PE based motherboard

1GB Dual DDR

2.4Ghz Celeron D

160GB seagate PATA hard drive

Pioneer A05 DVD-R

Asylum Geforce FX5200 (Ive had good luck on this system with the dev builds on the Radeon 9800Pro that normally goes in it,but its away on RMA,so I dont know how it works with 10.4.4)

MS Wireless Desktop (wireless comfort keyboard + wireless optical mouse 2.0)

Falconpage-->I'm not sure exactly what the script does, I know that if I don't replace the i386 boot files (the ones that come with the patcher) with the ones from maxxuss's site then I can't boot at all (the hardware not supported error)

when I try and install with the proper SSE2 patch, It does the apple logo and then craps out, It seems like it's working fine, then the screen goes black and gives a buttload of SegFault errors... There is a post earlier in this thread where someone had the same problem as me... If they found a fix for it, they haven't posted it yet...

Booting doesn't take along time for me,

It just gives me a bunch of SegFault errors and won't install...

DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250gb

Athlon 64 3700+ (754)

Windows xp MCE 2005 on SATA drive

Trying to do clean install of OSX 10.10.4 on PATA 8GB drive (came out of my xbox)

2gb (2x1gb)pc3200 (DDR400)

Geforce 6800 Ultra AGP

USB Keyboard and Mouse...

Ok, guys, you know I was having trouble getting to boot the CD... Well, I tried it under VMware, and I get alot further... However, I get this error (i typed -v at startup becuase it wasn't working when it got to the gray screen with apple logo - it just stopped there...).

Anyway, it says something like this:

Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 88, trying /sbin/mach_init

Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 88

Here's a screenshot... Can anyone help me out?

vmware1.gif

Falconpage-->I'm not sure exactly what the script does, I know that if I don't replace the i386 boot files (the ones that come with the patcher) with the ones from maxxuss's site then I can't boot at all (the hardware not supported error)

I don't replace anything : I only used the AMD Patch to my 10.4.4 DMG ...

I'm going to try making a new iso with the maxxuss patch tonight.

You just replace the mach kernel with the Maxxuss's one ?

just reporting my success. i used the dvd autopatcher thing off a certain bay, but i replaced its mach_kernel (which has all maxxuss patches applied) with one i had patched myself (using just the base patch). burned the DVD, booted, upgraded my 10.4.3 install to 10.4.4, rebooted.

had some errors to do with PS2 kexts - had to plugin USB keyboard and mouse, but after that no problems at all. My X1800XL PCI-E reports "Bus: PCIe" and QE & CI supported. OpenGL is accellerated (verified using flurry), mouse is visible after screensaver. The graphics artefacts are 99.9% gone (very occasionally i'll see one for a split-second, but then it disappears)

everything seems to be working superbly, except sound (i got the wrong version of the D945GTP board - doh!). the ralink driver for my wlan card continues to work. onboard firewire works.

setup:

- Intel D945GTP Motherboard (all working except sigmatel 9223 and LAN)

- Intel Pentium D 920 (2.8Ghz dual core, 2Mb cache per core)

- 2x 512Mb Corsair DDR2-667 RAM

- Gecube X1800XL PCI-E 256Mb (QE, CI, OpenGL, max res 1280x1024 - almost no artefacts ;) )

cheers