Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

Well, I guess the title says it all, after spending a lot of time reading Documentations, Specifications, Forums.. and hunting for testers :unsure: , I finally got tehmachacker (thank you) to test a modified BIOS, and as expected, it worked.

This is the issue that intends this mod to fix:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78235

Basically, what I'm doing is modifying and fixing errors in the DSDT; removing aliases for the "processor" devices, because the ACPIPlatform kext doesn't like them and treat them as other CPUs.. (it's written for Macs, and Apple doesn't use that in their Firmware's ACPI Tables, actually I don't see why we need them, well..)

I for example change this:

Scope (_PR)
			 {
				 Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
				 Alias (P001, CPU1)
			 }

into:

Scope (_PR)
			 {
			 }

Sometimes I have to fix more stuff.. you should know that when you try to compile your DSDT.

So if you want to get a fixed BIOS, you can PM me post your request here, included with:

• a direct link to the BIOS file,
  • your PC specs (CPU, Chipset and Graphics Card),
  • and a description of the issues.

Don't PM me with requests, post them in this thread.

You will find some of the modified BIOSes here.

Keep in mind that I take no responsibility for a bad flash or if anything goes wrong..

Hello. I have intalled iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5) on my desktop PC. Then I have updated to 10.5.6. I have a problems, one of them I'd like to solve most of all: Mac OS works with 1 core. I really need to make it see all 4 cores.

I don't understand about BIOS file, but I can put my hardware info here. Please help.

HP Pavilion a6313.fr (Desktop)

Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia)

BIOS Revision: 5.11 (12/05/07)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

CPU Speed: 1066 MHz

Cache RAM: 8192 Kb

RAM: 2 Gb

SATA Hard Drive 320 Gb

I hope you can help. Thanks.

Bios v: F.1A

Link

Model : HP Pavilion dv6-2170ee

CPU: 1.6 GHz QuadCore i7-720QM (SB:PCH Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55, NB:Intel Lynnfield IMC)

GFX card:GeForce GT 230M, 1GB PCI-E

SL only works with one core "CPUS=1"

Wifi don't work although it is the same macbook card

please click here for details

Hello Kabyl,

I required a modified BIOS please so that I can remove cpus=1 from my startup file and so that OSX will see both cores.

My laptop is ASUS M50SA with ati mobility 3650 graphics, 2.5 core 2 duo CPU and ICH8 chipset.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/M50Sa/M50SAas205.zip

Thanks and looking forward to the modification..

Well, I guess the title says it all, after spending a lot of time reading Documentations, Specifications, Forums.. and hunting for testers :) , I finally got tehmachacker (thank you) to test a modified BIOS, and as expected, it worked.

Basically, what I'm doing is modifying and fixing errors in the DSDT; removing aliases for the "processor" devices, because the ACPIPlatform kext doesn't like them and treat them as other CPUs.. (it's written for Macs, and Apple doesn't use that in their Firmware's ACPI Tables, actually I don't see why we need them, well..)

Scope (_PR)
			{
				Alias (P001, CPU1)
			}

into:

Scope (_PR)
			{
			}

Sometimes I have to fix more stuff.. you should know that when you try to compile your DSDT.

So if you want to get a fixed BIOS, you can PM me post your request here, included with:

Keep in mind that I take no responsibility for a bad flash or if anything goes wrong..

http://rapidshare.com/files/105056789/3508_mod.zip.html

Feedback... :)

EDIT: I use Phoenix BIOS Editor ;)

Post.. a link to the BIOS file :) and your laptop's specs

Hi Kabyl

After flashing to Bios 3508 for Acer aspire 5580, I still need CPUS=1 to boot into OSX T_T. Removing it or changing to CPUS=2 will cause boot freeze at IOAPIC: Version 0x20 vectors 64:87. Please help..

Well, I guess the title says it all, after spending a lot of time reading Documentations, Specifications, Forums.. and hunting for testers :P , I finally got tehmachacker (thank you) to test a modified BIOS, and as expected, it worked.

Scope (_PR)
			{
				Alias (P001, CPU1)
			}

into:

Scope (_PR)
			{
			}

Hi, and thanks for all you've done...

I have an ASUS P5QC and i'm searching for a bios patch. Your link up there doesn't resolve my problem... I've spent hours googling araound, but all links to that patch are broken... Can you help me please? have you some special/reserved links where i can pick up this patch for my MoBo?

thanks a lot, in any case...

Pietro

kabyl, you've probably stopped coming back to this topic. but im praying that you. if you do. can u take a look at my specs and see if theres a way for me to make it work with ECS mcp73vt-pm . Im currently using iAtkos v7 OS X Leopard and everything works perfect...it just seems to crash and i think that enabling two cores would work. so take a look at it for me please.

Hi!

A year ago, I installed leopard on my asus laptop. Every time that I tried to install leopard it was hanging at the error: Mac os version not yet set... I found out that I needed a modified bios version for my laptop. With that modified bios version I was able to install and run leopard on my laptop. But after a while a had enough from Osx on my laptop and I uninstalled Osx and reflashed my bios back to the original bios.

Now my problem: At the moment I'am trying to install Snow Leopard on my laptop and I'am giving Osx86 on my laptop another chance. But I can install snow leopard, but when I try to boot Snowleopard after the installation it's again hanging at: Mac Os version not yet set. So I think I need the modified bios again, but osxcores.50sites.net is down.. And I can't find my bios anywhere on the internet or on this forum. So now I ask: Does anyone have the modified bios for the Asus F3sg..

I've got an Asus X53sg, but It has an F3sg motherboard in it, so the modified bios for the F3sg is fine :rolleyes:

I hope someone can help me out!!

Thanks in Advance!

I got both of cores working on Celeron Dual Core. Had to patch DSDT.aml file by removing the two extra processors and Alias. everything works perfect. It would take 5-10 minutes to boot from Apple logo to a blue screen then it would take another 5 minutes to load up to desktop. After I patched DSDT.aml file it seriously takes only 15 seconds to boot up from the Apple logo then 5 seconds from the blue screen to the desktop. So to be honest. If your a newbie and know nothing about modding your bios. please patch dsdt.aml if that doesnt work. You can always patch the bios after. picture2eb.png

Hello, I've read here about Bios mods to get all cores working but the link at the top of the topic don't work...

I have already installed a new version of my Bios before installing Ipc 10.5.6 but Mac Os still starts only if I put cpus=1 command

I have a Quad Core 2833 Mhz (that one in signature)

Thank you

Francesco

Hi Kabyl,

I hope you are still making bio mods cause I sure could use your help.

• I have the MSI P35D3 Platinum Motherboard which apparently is different from the P35 Platinum btw.
  • Bios is attached but also downloadable directly from MSI at the following: http://download2.msi.com/files/downloads/bos_exe/7356v16.zip
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
  • NVidia GeForce 8800GT
  • main issue is getting "Should have 2 threads, but only found 3 for Die 0"

Thanks buddy!

Your the greatest.

A7356IMS.zip

Hi everyone...

I am new of this forum.. Congratulations for your works and for everythings that you do for us!!

You are great..

So I have a problem with installation of Leopard on my notebook. I have tried many kind of Leopard for Non Apple Pc... I have tried every kind of boot with flags and kernel but the DVD doesn't boot.

I can't modify the setting in the bios because it is the official from HP support so i can't set the APCI.

The boot with Ideneb stops here:

hfs+ file: /system/library/extensions.mkext from 4230a80

Also i tried cpus=1 and other kernel but nothing..

Kalyway boots but at the end of loading file restart the pc...

iAtkos displays me the APPLE for one second and restarts pc..

So I pray for a miracle for me!!!

My hardware is in signature

There is the link to my BIOS on HP site ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45070.exe

It is with Winflash. The revision if F54A and i have already flashed it

Thanks for the working..

EXCUSE ME FOR MY ENGLISH BECAUSE I AM ITALIAN...

CIAO CIAO :rolleyes: I hope for my hackintosh....

What happened to http://osrom.net ?? Kabyl moved it? Does anyone have the new address? Or a place to find all his modded BIOSes?

I know he already made the Asrock Wolfdale 1333 D667 Rev. 2.0. BIOS ver. 1.50. It's linked from a lot of sites pointing to osrom.net but the site is not up anymore.

Do you know any rapidshare mirrors? Or a place to download it?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi kaby, congratulation for your great work!

I need a bios modded for conroe945g-dvi because on snow leopard poweroff and restart don't work. I tryed to reach your website but it is not online. thanks for all,

see you soon hermann

hermann88@hotmail.it

Well, I guess the title says it all, after spending a lot of time reading Documentations, Specifications, Forums.. and hunting for testers :P , I finally got tehmachacker (thank you) to test a modified BIOS, and as expected, it worked.

Scope (_PR)
			{
				Alias (P001, CPU1)
			}

into:

Scope (_PR)
			{
			}