Retail DVD Guide, 10.5.8, PC-EFIv9 installer, EFI studio, Vanilla or Voodoo, GA-P35-DS3P (L,R), DS4, or OS X Compatible board

LTL

909 posts in this topic

p5wdh core 2 duo 2.66 4bg ram 500gb sys 1tb raid0 nv 7300 gt leo 10.5.5

p5wdh core 2 duo 2.66 2bg ram 500 gb sys 500 gb storage quatro fx 3400 tiger

imac 20 1.5gb ram 250 gb hd

hi all, i think this guide is the best thing since slice bread, i did,nt understand it at first but i kept on trying

and i read the hole thread.

and then in a blink of the eye it was clear as day light

i,ve edited the post oatch sh to suit my hw so now i can install in about 15-20 min.

the only thing tm nor audio dont work but i have a usb audio device, i do,nt,sleep my rig so did.nt check if sleep works.

i could ,nt get my geforct 7300 gt 512 to work so i flashed it with a 7600 gs rom its not the best but it works now

with ci qe i did use efi studio to gen a efi string for display and network but eveh tho i get ci qe only one display work when i did

will buy a 8800 gtx soon

thanks to every one for shearing, as we say in jamaica shairing is caring, irie.

Eat some Aki n Salt Fish for me :D wash it down with a ting :D

I have a board that nothing will work on, not Kalyway, not anything. Kalyway loads well and then dead stops before it gets to the format screen. When I try to load the real Leopard install disc using Chameleon it asks for the drive in a two digit hexadecimal number saying 80 is a typical drive 1 and 81 is a typical drive 2 but nothing happens. The board is an Asus P5Q Pro and I read on one of the boards that someone had success loading the Kalyway install disc on this. I'm getting really frustrated! HELP!

That means you should type 80 and hit enter if this is your first drive and that´s where you have your os. I´m not sure but probably that also would take you to your dvd if you have it as first boot device in your bios. But this looks like something from the 123 bootloader, yes it is I remember now I used that method and it works really good at least with a GA EP45-DS3 mobo but it probably does with any newer mobo.

Been running Kalyway for a few months and I wanted to try to install vanilla using this guide. I have the following hardware: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L v1 motherboard, 4gb ram, XFX 8800GT video.

I used a retail DVD v10.5.4

Installation went well, 10.5.5 update worked ok, installed chameleon, rebooted.

Then it got to the Apple logo and froze there. Can't get past that point.

Is there a quick fix I should know about? otherwise, how do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Been running Kalyway for a few months and I wanted to try to install vanilla using this guide. I have the following hardware: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L v1 motherboard, 4gb ram, XFX 8800GT video.

I used a retail DVD v10.5.4

Installation went well, 10.5.5 update worked ok, installed chameleon, rebooted.

Then it got to the Apple logo and froze there. Can't get past that point.

Is there a quick fix I should know about? otherwise, how do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

I see no mention of you having installed installed the dsmos.kext that will be needed at a very minimum along with that no mention of deleting the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext that will cause a system freeze up as soon as it gets loaded, in short we need more details on exactly what you have replaced/added/deleted .kext wise when you did this to help you rest of the hardware in the machine wouldn't hurt either.

If he can already boot 10.5.5 that's not what's breaking his installation.

Boot using -v, and take note of the last couple of lines when it freezes. Or try to take a picture of it with a digital camera and post that, we need more information.

Edit: It just dawned on me. If you're using Kalyway 10.5.4, why on Earth are you installing Chameleon? That's not needed...

TYPO control

About the GUIDES

GUIDES ARE LABELED IN BLUE

7. Let me know about TYPOS, I usually update the guide late at night after work :)

BACUP AND RECOVERY:

The "k" in backup is kind of missing.

This guide looks like it will be handy when I install on my new laptop that is on the way

Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI6 - 17" 1680x1050

Basically a thicker MacBook Pro 17" with Dual Hard Drives, Dual 8600M GT 512, full keyboard with 10 key, 6 USB

Hey guys,

just wanted to inform you that I am running 10.5.5 perfectly stable on a OC E8500 to 4 GHz on a DS4 rev 2.1 Board together with 4 GB 844 Mhz DDR2 RAM.

So no problem here with OC and Ram Speed above 800 Mhz!

Have fun.....still waiting for those 4870 drivers ;) ...meanwhile using my old x1900gt ...working flawlessly!

The ONLY thing that doesn't work is sleep....shutdown and reboot are fine though. Not that I need that sleep feature....I am using the Psystar Restart kext.

cheers

Ok LTL now everything,s working only thing i did not check is sleep as i dont sleep my rig

i use efi studio to generate string for display audio and ethernet and it fix tine machine,

the problem i had, after i applied efi string i did not refresh the backup volume for time machine,

so i was getting the backup volume could not be found error and i spend a couple of days trying all kind of kext

then i read somewhere that after fixing time machine with efi you should refresh its backup volume,

and when i did wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, sorry this is exiting, anyway, in about this i dont see all my hd but their all on my desktop and working good.

i have read every line of this thread and KARAAKEHA1 thread and i,ve install and reinstall about 10.000000000 times and ive edited the post patch sh to include kext for my mb i,ve learned a lot about mac osx, as a use to be windows only man i must say i loooooov it, i think apple should be paying you guys for your work, cause i now have a imac and im getting a macbook pro something i would not even think about a year ago,

i think hackintosh is here to stay but most hackintosh user will buy a real mac,

when apple realize that they cant be selling a video card for $500 when you can buy the same card for $200

give thanks irie man.

Ok LTL now everything,s working only thing i did not check is sleep as i dont sleep my rig

i use efi studio to generate string for display audio and ethernet and it fix tine machine,

the problem i had, after i applied efi string i did not refresh the backup volume for time machine,

so i was getting the backup volume could not be found error and i spend a couple of days trying all kind of kext

then i read somewhere that after fixing time machine with efi you should refresh its backup volume,

and when i did wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, sorry this is exiting, anyway, in about this i dont see all my hd but their all on my desktop and working good.

i have read every line of this thread and KARAAKEHA1 thread and i,ve install and reinstall about 10.000000000 times and ive edited the post patch sh to include kext for my mb i,ve learned a lot about mac osx, as a use to be windows only man i must say i loooooov it, i think apple should be paying you guys for your work, cause i now have a imac and im getting a macbook pro something i would not even think about a year ago,

i think hackintosh is here to stay but most hackintosh user will buy a real mac,

when apple realize that they cant be selling a video card for $500 when you can buy the same card for $200

give thanks irie man.

BIG UP! Happy to read your success. Much love to the island in the sun- PEACE

I have a problem with my printer after sleep mode ! :wacko:

If i boot my computer then i print something on my Canon i560 USB, all is right

But after awake from sleep, i can't print

I always have this error : Error Number : 306 A communication error has occurred

My mouse and my scanner, all in USB are OK

I think that the problem is with the DS4 motherboard (You can see the post HERE )

Have you an idea to correct this ??? :rolleyes:

I just wanted to thank LTL for this post. Whilst I haven't attempted to install from a retail CD (instead opting for Kalyway 10.5.2), the hardware specification and other posts from this thread gave me most (if not all) of the info I needed to attempt a HackPro.

I must say WOW. I've never liked macs, and I don't think i was unjustified in not liking them, but since the move to Intel and the ability to create a Hack... Woah. OSX is really good, I'm well and truly converted! That said, I don't think I would be inclined to buy a Mac Pro. The hardware costs are very prohibitive, and in honesty, I really don't think my whole "OSX/Mac Experience" is any the less for not running OSX on Apple hardware.

Anyway cheers! When I pluck up the courage, I'll try this retail/vanilla thing :)

Hi.

I tried the v4.3 install method. After installed chameleon, this appears:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boo0: done

HFS+ partition error

I only have one fisical hard drive, with 2 partitions (one for kalyway, and other named Macintosh for this install method). This install method works with one drive and 2 partitions, or only with 2 fisical differents HD?

The other question is about what kernel is being installed by deafault in the post-parch.sh, vanilla or modbin?

Thank you in advance.

Hi.

I tried the v4.3 install method. After installed chameleon, this appears:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boo0: done

HFS+ partition error

I only have one fisical hard drive, with 2 partitions (one for kalyway, and other named Macintosh for this install method). This install method works with one drive and 2 partitions, or only with 2 fisical differents HD?

The other question is about what kernel is being installed by deafault in the post-parch.sh, vanilla or modbin?

Thank you in advance.

By default the OSX install will install a vanilla kernel. If you choose to use the included kernel then it wil install the modbin. I suggest you use the Vanilla kernel, its what i use. that means, do not mess with your kernel

and yes, if you read my instructions you will have your answer regarding the hard drives

big up LTL my hack ig sweet now with point of view 8800 gt irie man

Sweet! next time I'm in Florida I am going to have to come by JA and we can have a party

Reagarding uppgrading to 10.5.5 and the GA EP45-DS3.

I have the GA EP45-DS3 mobo, q6600 cpu, GA 7300gs videocard and Sata2 drives and DVD. I`ve been using LTLs great guide before on my other quadcore GA hack. I jumped over to using the 123 boot thing for this one cause of some problems I really never figured out but probably they where AHCI Sata related or something. if I´m not wrong I had a IDE DVD when I first tried to install 10.5.4.

Now when I tried to upgrade to 10.5.5 using the 123 method it just did´nt work and for a while I thought broke my installation completely.

Before I started the whole upgrade process I ofcourse made a backup of all the kexts I knew made this mobo and the rest of my hardware run OK under 10.5.4. So I came back here replaced the kexts in LTLs 4.2 kext folder with my backuped kext and tried to use the postpatch from this guide and it actually made it go a bit further in to the reboot after the upgrade but I not all the way. After a few hours of research I found out it could also be worth trying to switch back to my old AppleACPIPlatform.kext and these two together got back up running again.

So either the 123 does´nt work for the EP45-DS3 so you have to do it the LTL way and figure out a way to keep your old AppleACPIPlatform.kext or try to do the same using the 123 method.

I can´t say I know for sure but from this experience there seems to be no doubt (in my mind anyway) that you have to figure out a way to keep your old AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get 10.5.5 up running either way you go about the upgade with this mobo.

Just thought I should share

Hmm i went through every single one of your guides.

For both! of the advanced guides, the result was a non working install. Probably because the Darwin boot loader wasn't installed correctly, but the white/gray apple screen wouldn't even show up!

Followed your noob install guide. At the point in terminal where i tried to remove the Extensions.kext file, it said dir/file not found. I ignored that and continued on. Fully installed, I booted it up and it showed a kernel panic regarding AppleCPUPowerManagement. Went back to terminal and removed that as well. Now, there are no kernel panics, but my system stops blantantly at the white apple screen. Any ideas?

When I boot with the -v flags, it stops at the Buffers and Clusters Read portion.

Do you have any idea what may be causing this problem? Could it be the lack of the Extensions.kext in the first place? Or should I remove some other kexts?

Thanks for any help!

Oh and btw here's my rig.

MSI p43 Neo3-F

Intel E7200

4 gb corsair xms ram

500 gb western digital hd.

9600 gt 512 mb graphics card

I would like to try the v4.3 guide. i have just one hard drive, must i buy another one?

Or can i use my hard drive and make two partitions (one for kalyway and the other fot leopard retail)? It´s necessary to have two hard drives or can i use partitions using one hd?

Thanks.

Hi there guys!

just wondering is there a possibility to get this working on a x48 board??

as i am looking for some new hardware and been checking the p35's and stumbled across the

ga-x48-dq6 and was wondering if this is of any use for a retail install....

thanks in advance for feedback

cheers

Wow, this guide is freakin awesome, thanks LTL and all who have contributed!

Ive been watching hackintosh threads for a while now and im itching to get in on the action. As an (osx86) noob, compatibility is king, and im looking for tried, tested and tested again. Problem is, by the time legends like LTL have ironed out the details on a rig, the parts are no longer available!!

v4.3 quide perfect on EP45-DS3R

I cant seem to find an E/P35-DS3P/L/R/4, but the EP45-DS3R is around now. JaE-V, do you mean to say that your results with the EP45 are as perect as LTL's setup?

Do we think that as far as LTL's guide is concerned, the EP45 can be substituted? or did JaE-V just get lucky with his hardware combinations? (sorry, i havent actually compared the two at gigabyte, so feel free to chastise me til i do my homework.. pls dont tho!)

These guides are awesome, but hardware becomes unavailable too quickly. If anyone knows of a newer build as perfect (ie vanilla with everything working!) as LTL's, I'd love to hear it. Id guess that im not the only one out there trying to find the most-current best setup to finally get our hands dirty!

Thanks for any help!

Wow, this guide is freakin awesome, thanks LTL and all who have contributed!

I cant seem to find an E/P35-DS3P/L/R/4, but the EP45-DS3R is around now. JaE-V, do you mean to say that your results with the EP45 are as perect as LTL's setup?

Do we think that as far as LTL's guide is concerned, the EP45 can be substituted? or did JaE-V just get lucky with his hardware combinations? (sorry, i havent actually compared the two at gigabyte, so feel free to chastise me til i do my homework.. pls dont tho!)

When I went from a P35-DS3R to a EP45-DS3R motherboard the only change required was editing of a .plist file to add the device ID of the SATA controller to have it stop showing up as unknown a purely cosmetic change the controller worked fine. So yes you can use this as a guide for the newer EP45??? boards by making minor changes.

Im using a EP35-DS3L motherboard, and Im trying to install retail to a new hard drive (SATA). I followed the instructions from an old Kalyway install on another drive (MBR). Whenever I installed and reboot i get stuck in the "Verifying DMI Pool" screen, even though I've installed Chameleon. I tried installing EFI V. 8 and it tells me that my target drive is not GUID while it is GUID. I've also try installing chameleon using OSX86Tools but when i boot to my new drive it gives me the b0 error. I can't even install kalyway 10.5.2 in my new drive since it'll give me the

">00000080

<00000002

000000C1

<00064028

J_".

I've tried switching ports and messing with the bios, but it still won't work. Can it be my bios settings? Or what? Can anyone please help me? :D

Hi. Could someone answer me for yes or now, please? It´s necessary to have two hard drives or can i use partitions using one hd?

Thank you in advance.

I would like to try the v4.3 guide. i have just one hard drive, must i buy another one?

Or can i use my hard drive and make two partitions (one for kalyway and the other fot leopard retail)? It´s necessary to have two hard drives or can i use partitions using one hd?

Thanks.