[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

@immo: that was my Problem, too, but i decided to make a clean install and copy the Files manually. Badly some Applications, such as iPhoto & iWork doesn't work. Maybe i will start all over again, if only AppleHDA is the Problem.

@DarwinX: Thanks for the kexts, work fine! The TrackPad.prefpane isn't working, maybe i do the install wrong?

@immo: that was my Problem, too, but i decided to make a clean install and copy the Files manually. Badly some Applications, such as iPhoto & iWork doesn't work. Maybe i will start all over again, if only AppleHDA is the Problem.

@DarwinX: Thanks for the kexts, work fine! The TrackPad.prefpane isn't working, maybe i do the install wrong?

No problemo. As previously noted, the Trackpad.prefPane only works in the 32-bit mode. Right click on the System Preferences.app in your /Applications directory and choose the "Get Info" menu option to open the Info panel, then simply tick the "Open in 32-bit mode" option under the "General" section at the top of the panel and the Trackpad.prefPane should now properly load in the 32-bit mode.

ok, thanks again, i tried it in 32-bit mode before, too, but it doesn't worked. now i have put the settings into 32-bit mode and then installed the trackpad.prefpane by double-clicking it ;)

Everything works fine now, even better than in Snow Leopard :)

There is only one thing: If i try to connect the M1530 with HDMI to my Full-HD TV (47") the Display on the Laptop freezes (Music in iTunes still running). If i connect to my PC-Monitor (22") with HDMI to DVI Connection the Display is correctly recognized o.O

Hi,

Hereby for everyone who has trouble to install lion 10.7 GM on a M1530 (i have C2D 7500).

I included the Extra folder and the Extensions folder which i use, without problem!

Remove the following Kexts:

1. AppleHDA

2. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

3. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext

Then you will have:

1. Bluetooth

2. Wifi

3. Sound

4. Touchpad

5. Battery indicator

6. full QE video

7. Sleep with battery and powercable!

FILES SEE:

Search by Kexts.com > M1530 in chipsets. or: http://www.kexts.com/view/1553-m1530_lion_10.7_gm.html

Extra.zip

Remove the following Kexts:

2. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

3. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext

I don't recommend removing the power management kexts. You will lose speed step, your machine will get hot, and it will kill your battery life. These kexts work fine vanilla if you use the proper DSDT (check my post in my sig) and smbios.plist (set Mac type to MacBook5,1).

Immo

I don't recommend removing the power management kexts. You will lose speed step, your machine will get hot, and it will kill your battery life. These kexts work fine vanilla if you use the proper DSDT (check my post in my sig) and smbios.plist (set Mac type to MacBook5,1).

Immo

I can confirm this, leave them where they are and only remove AppleHDA ;)

btw: Is there any way to get the gestures to work? 2 Finger Scrolling works, not perfectly and even on slowest option its far to fast, but, well, it works.... but I'm much more interested in the Gestures to use in Safari (go forward, backwards) and the gestures for Fullscreen Apps (switch between them, Mission Control...)

I can confirm this, leave them where they are and only remove AppleHDA ;)

btw: Is there any way to get the gestures to work? 2 Finger Scrolling works, not perfectly and even on slowest option its far to fast, but, well, it works.... but I'm much more interested in the Gestures to use in Safari (go forward, backwards) and the gestures for Fullscreen Apps (switch between them, Mission Control...)

AFAIK our trackpads don't support more than 2 simultaneous touches... ;)

Hopefully I'm wrong, but then someone would've figured it out by now :)

Hi all,

Anyone with VoodooHDA that is known to work with Skype ?

Speakers are OK on mine but the microphone doesn't work even though it toggles in system prefs.

I do mean Skype.

Thanks in advance.

@immo,

I did however remove the appleGraphics power management kext since that is meant for the Real MacBooks pros with dual graphics both onboard intel and nvidia or ati etc.

That one can cause problems on some systems

I tried to pair a Magic Mouse to my Hackintosh but the Mouse.prefpane is not beeing changed to the "Multitouch" one. I am on Lion.

The Konsole say this:

06.08.11 18:46:29,000 kernel: [ffffff800ce77400][bNBMouseDevice::init][66] init is complete

06.08.11 18:46:29,000 kernel: No interval found for . Using 8000000

06.08.11 18:46:29,000 kernel: [ffffff8010aefc00][AppleMultitouchHIDEventDriver::start] entered

What is wrong with my Hackinthosh

Hi all,

Anyone with VoodooHDA that is known to work with Skype ?

Speakers are OK on mine but the microphone doesn't work even though it toggles in system prefs.

I do mean Skype.

Thanks in advance.

Any kind and generous members here ?

Cheers

I tried to install Lion with USB, but everytime it freezes -.- (sometimes at 15%, sometimes at 50%).

Till 10.6.7 everything works fine. On 10.6.8 I couldnt boot up (it freezes, too) despite of "npci=0x2000". Whats wrong with that? I guess other people got the upgrade working, too...

Btw, do I have to change my old DSDT for Lion, or is it still working?

Thanks for help.

Edit: The installation log says: "Installation begin" but nothing else...

I tried to install Lion with USB, but everytime it freezes -.- (sometimes at 15%, sometimes at 50%).

Till 10.7 everything works fine. On 10.8 I couldnt boot up (it freezes, too) despite of "npci=0x2000". Whats wrong with that? I guess other people got the upgrade working, too...

Btw, do I have to change my old DSDT for Lion, or is it still working?

Thanks for help.

Edit: The installation log says: "Installation begin" but nothing else...

- It helps if your DSDT Has the _UID patch. (Under PCI0 -> Change _ADR to _UID)

- Put Fakesmc in /S/L/E of your USB install system

- You may or may not need to replace IOPCIfamily and ACPIPlatform with Sow leo version (10.6.6/10.6.7)

Not all options are needed usually but it may help you doing all three.

BTW - These are amply documented in this forum.

Good luck

- It helps if your DSDT Has the _UID patch. (Under PCI0 -> Change _ADR to _UID)

- Put Fakesmc in /S/L/E of your USB install system

- You may or may not need to replace IOPCIfamily and ACPIPlatform with Sow leo version (10.6.6/10.6.7)

Not all options are needed usually but it may help you doing all three.

BTW - These are amply documented in this forum.

Good luck

Thanks to a new DSDT with Lion fixes, my 10.6.8 is booting up, but it's running rather bad (definitively not as well as 10.6.7->no wifi e.g.).

Your FakeSMC methode did not work for me, the installer still freezes...

Any other options?

Thanks to a new DSDT with Lion fixes, my 10.6.8 is booting up, but it's running rather bad (definitively not as well as 10.6.7->no wifi e.g.).

Your FakeSMC methode did not work for me, the installer still freezes...

Any other options?

Well, finally I got it. The solution was quite simple.

1) Update Chameleon to latest version of Chimera (new bootloader from tonymacx)

2) Create a second partition, about 8 GB

3) Mount the Lion.dmg

4) Use xMove and install it to the previously created partition to prepare the installer

5) Boot with Chimera to the Installer partition

6) Install over your Snow Leopard without problems and no freeze

7) ???

8) Profit! ;-)

Seems like Lion is working much better than 10.6.8 (at the first view everything seems to work)

Hi there,

can you point me to a thread, message number in this thread or a guide installing Lion on Dell XPS 1330? Currently i have a almost perfect (no sleep/no shutdown) vanilla Snow Leopard running in my laptop but the update to 10.6.8 is not working at all and freezes my laptop so I prefer to upgrade to Lion if possible than fix the 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi there,

can you point me to a thread, message number in this thread or a guide installing Lion on Dell XPS 1330? Currently i have a almost perfect (no sleep/no shutdown) vanilla Snow Leopard running in my laptop but the update to 10.6.8 is not working at all and freezes my laptop so I prefer to upgrade to Lion if possible than fix the 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

I recommend you to use the latest DSDT with Lion fixes from there. It helped me to fix many problems.

Furthermore you should delete your VoodooHDA.kext before upgrade to prevent kernel panic. The other kexts you are using should continue to work fine with Lion.

I have written a guide to install Lion just one or two posts ago...that's the way how it worked to me and it should be working with 1330, too...

Btw 10.6.8 didn't work to me neither, I was surprised that Lion is fully working now ;-)

Cheers

I was able to fix the 10.6.8 kernel panic with VoodooHDA, now my laptop boots and everything is fine excepts

i've got no sound, the system detects the device or at leats a device but i can't get any sound from speakers, i fixed it

booting in safe mode (-x), removing VoodooHDA and AppleHDA, running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and selecting following options:

- UserDSDT Install (with DSDT from recomended post)

- System Utilities for fix permissions and so on...

- Realtek ALC8xx with AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

and like I said before, i get the device recognized but not sound at all.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

I was able to fix the 10.6.8 kernel panic with VoodooHDA, now my laptop boots and everything is fine excepts

i've got no sound, the system detects the device or at leats a device but i can't get any sound from speakers, i fixed it

booting in safe mode (-x), removing VoodooHDA and AppleHDA, running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and selecting following options:

- UserDSDT Install (with DSDT from recomended post)

- System Utilities for fix permissions and so on...

- Realtek ALC8xx with AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

and like I said before, i get the device recognized but not sound at all.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

You shouldnt have installed both kexts (VoodoooHDA and AppleHDA), it leads to kernel panic.

I recommended to you to delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, because the upgrade will install a new AppleHDA (in case you have deleted it before it is back after the upgrade). So your next boot will unavoidable lead to kernel panic and you have to delete AppleHDA via console...

So my advice: Delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, reboot, delete AppleHDA and reinstall VoodooHDA, reboot. After that you should get sound again.

You shouldnt have installed both kexts (VoodoooHDA and AppleHDA), it leads to kernel panic.

I recommended to you to delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, because the upgrade will install a new AppleHDA (in case you have deleted it before it is back after the upgrade). So your next boot will unavoidable lead to kernel panic and you have to delete AppleHDA via console...

So my advice: Delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, reboot, delete AppleHDA and reinstall VoodooHDA, reboot. After that you should get sound again.

Alternately, simply use the AppleHDADisabler.kext which quite obviously disables the loading of any AppleHDA.kext by the system. :)

AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip

shutdown, sleep works fine in Lion, use the Install-Packages i asked for some pages before :rolleyes:

HDMI is still not working, with exception HDMI to DVI.

while i installed Lion i splitter my HDD into 2 Parts, 200GB Mac and 50GB Windows. I love to use my Windows-Stuff in Lion, simply open the Partion in OSX. Is there any way to do it the other way around, too? I want to have access to my Mac HDD in Windows, too :)

Cheers and thanks again for all of your great Help! :)

Hi guys, I need help..

I've successfully install lion on my m1530 and it boot up successful, when the time i wanted to fix the hardware problem, i think i copied the wrong kexts on the extra and now it freeze on booting up the lion.. May I know is there anyway to boot it back for me to remove the wrongly paste kexts? thx..