[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot dude! Setup seems to work now! Do i have to update to 10.6.8 before i install Lion? At the Moment i have 10.6.7...

No problemo. The Mac OS X Lion is a brand new operating system and therefore its installation is completely independent of your current Mac OS X version.

Right click on SysPrefs >> Get Info >> Open in 32-bit mode

i think that's what he's trying to say :)

Thanks for the clarification. The old functional Trackpad.prefPane is confirmed to also be functional and viable in the OS X Lion's 32-bit System Preferences.app.

hello i was checking out the replys in the form and i have been trying to install LION GM.

Made a lion boot USB and everything boots fine but during installation it will go up to half way and it gets stuck! i have tried all types of IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform and nothing seems to work!.

also the keyboard and trackpad don't work so i have to use a external mouse.

what installation method did you guys use?

i have a XPS M1530 T8100 4GB of ram

thanks in advance

Would you please care to elaborate on the "Right click System Prefs and enable "Open in 32 bit mode"?

Right click on SysPrefs >> Get Info >> Open in 32-bit mode

i think that's what he's trying to say ;)

Oops, I'm sorry, yeah that's what I meant :)

Im struggling with the 10.7 installation, opend the install, restored basesystem to USB-Stick, copied Packages folder, installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 on the Stick, copied Extra Folder to Stick.

If i try to boot with the Stick Chameleon works fine, i can boot into Windows 7, OS 10.6.7 and the USB-Stick. if i boot the Stick it says me that "mach_kernel" isnt available. So i booted again into OSX SL and copied the file from the Macintosh HD to the USB-Stick. Now after rebooting and choosing the Stick as Startup-device Chameleon loads about 30 seconds, then for a quarter second the Apple boot pic flashes up and the laptop reboots. -.-*

any sugestions?

Im struggling with the 10.7 installation, opend the install, restored basesystem to USB-Stick, copied Packages folder, installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 on the Stick, copied Extra Folder to Stick.

If i try to boot with the Stick Chameleon works fine, i can boot into Windows 7, OS 10.6.7 and the USB-Stick. if i boot the Stick it says me that "mach_kernel" isnt available. So i booted again into OSX SL and copied the file from the Macintosh HD to the USB-Stick. Now after rebooting and choosing the Stick as Startup-device Chameleon loads about 30 seconds, then for a quarter second the Apple boot pic flashes up and the laptop reboots. -.-*

any sugestions?

Don't copy the kernel from snow leopard. the error message is most likely because the default boot partition is defined incorrectly in the com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra directory. If so, just delete the line that defines it (eg. "hd(0,1)").

any sugestions?

copy mach_kernel from inside InstallESD.dmg to your USB-Stick

copied mach_kernel from InstallESD.dmg and deleted the line HD (01) in boot.apple.plist, still no change. if i boot verbose it loads all kexts and than restarts. does i make any difference if i boot via Chameleon 2.0 RC3 (HD) or RC 5 (Stick) ?

which guide did you used to make your (working) USB-Install-Stick?

//edit: ok, with RC5 i got One step further! The setup doesnt Crash anymore, but loads only Endless. I have waited about 20 minutes now, only the Rainbow colored circel...

copied mach_kernel from InstallESD.dmg and deleted the line HD (01) in boot.apple.plist, still no change. if i boot verbose it loads all kexts and than restarts. does i make any difference if i boot via Chameleon 2.0 RC3 (HD) or RC 5 (Stick) ?

which guide did you used to make your (working) USB-Install-Stick?

//edit: ok, with RC5 i got One step further! The setup doesnt Crash anymore, but loads only Endless. I have waited about 20 minutes now, only the Rainbow colored circel...

Are you using the most recent DSDT.aml with the latest PCI patches posted on the front page of this thread or your own properly patched DSDT.aml? Are you using the current Chameleon 2 RC5 (r1211) with the newly renamed org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I have Chameleon RC 5 r1083, cant find r1211 anywhere?

the DSDT.aml is from this Forum, made for the M1530. Should i try to create my own DSDT.aml with the AutoDSDT?

I have Chameleon RC 5 r1083, cant find r1211 anywhere?

the DSDT.aml is from this Forum, made for the M1530. Should i try to create my own DSDT.aml with the AutoDSDT?

Check the post in my signature. You will find all M1530 files for lion in the package linked in it.

I have started Making the install-Stick all over again with your Folder, Stick boots, Apple Logo Shows up, them. The Rainbow Circle loads again Endless ;)

@ ondrej: did you Substitute the packages Link with the packages folder?

I have started Making the install-Stick all over again with your Folder, Stick boots, Apple Logo Shows up, them. The Rainbow Circle loads again Endless ;)

@ ondrej: did you Substitute the packages Link with the packages folder?

I dont, but its not a link. I restored image to external hdd and then replace "OSInstall.mpkg".

on base system in System/Installation is a link to the Packages Folder, substitute this with the Packages Folder which you find in OSX Install ESD, its about 3GB.

@nhnt11: whats the SLE-Folder for?

on base system in System/Installation is a link to the Packages Folder, substitute this with the Packages Folder which you find in OSX Install ESD, its about 3GB.

@nhnt11: whats the SLE-Folder for?

In /System is not folder named Installation. I tried to create it and copy Packages into it, but it didnt help.

You Need to restore basesystem to the stick, Not installESD ;)

//edit: ok, ive copied the SLE Content to the Stick an finally the OSX 10.7 Setup started up!!! after the Welcome-Window it says me, that OSX cannot be installed on this Computer. -.- the OSInstall.mpkg in Packages is changed.

//edit: Looks like this:

foto1hvh.jpg

You Need to restore basesystem to the stick, Not installESD ;)

//edit: ok, ive copied the SLE Content to the Stick an finally the OSX 10.7 Setup started up!!! after the Welcome-Window it says me, that OSX cannot be installed on this Computer. -.- the OSInstall.mpkg in Packages is changed.

//edit: Looks like this:

foto1hvh.jpg

Oh, so I did it wrong, so can I ask you for some basic steps, what to do (what to restore, what to copy ...).

About OSInstall.mpkg try this one:

http://s1.weblehce.cz/OSInstall.zip

ill try the OSInstall, thanks :)

i used this guide for making the Stick: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262015

make sure to use nhnt11s Lion-Stuff Folder instead of the Extras Folder in the Thread ;)

//edit: please tell me the password for the zip-file :)

Its wierd, there is no password, so I reuploaded it directly:

http://s1.weblehce.cz/OSInstall.mpkg

i found this one on google, worked fine for me, Lion is now installed on a 15GB partition. doesnt boot yet, ill try to install some kexts.

http://www.cl.ly/0m1V0g2B0C1g0u0F090F

//edit: Ok, Mac OS 10.7 is up and running!

Things which aren't working for me at the moment:

Audio - Fixed with VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (latest Version)

BatteryManagement

Trackpad

any idea/ kexts?

how can i stop Mac OS X Migration-Help to copy my old (+ not working) kexts and other system-files? I only want to copy iTunes Library, iPhoto Library, Contacts and so on...

i found this one on google, worked fine for me, Lion is now installed on a 15GB partition. doesnt boot yet, ill try to install some kexts.

http://www.cl.ly/0m1V0g2B0C1g0u0F090F

//edit: Ok, Mac OS 10.7 is up and running!

Things which aren't working for me at the moment:

Audio - Fixed with VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (latest Version)

BatteryManagement

Trackpad

any idea/ kexts?

how can i stop Mac OS X Migration-Help to copy my old (+ not working) kexts and other system-files? I only want to copy iTunes Library, iPhoto Library, Contacts and so on...

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Trackpad.prefPane.zip

As previously mentioned, the Trackpad.prefPane only functions in the 32 bit mode on the OS X Lion.

Migration Assistant does not migrate kexts or system specific files.

Migration Assistant does not migrate kexts or system specific files.

Interestingly if you tell it to migrate applications, it will migrate kexts in System\Library\Extensions. I know because it screwed me over! I ran migrate during the Lion installation, and it tried to migrate over VoodooHDA which caused a kernel panic (because the new AppleHDA was there), and after restarting (and deleting AppleHDA) installation did not continue the migration, and instead had me create a default user account. I had to wipe out the drive and start again. The next time after it rebooted the first time I went into single user mode, deleted AppleHDA, and rebooted, and the installation continued and everything migrated over fine. I used the USB method with my usual kexts and the DSDT from my post.

Immo