[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got Snow Leopard working on my M1330. Everything is working fine except for shutdown & reboot and most important the NVidia 8400M.

I have a proper resolution and even dual-display is working. But I can't play any videos or flash. Currently I'm using GraphicsEnabler. I didn't have any luck with all these injectors like nvkush or nvinject. Any hints?

Thanks in advance

love your pic, don't love your idea to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Follow immo's guide and do a retail install. You won't have sleep or shutdown issues, everything just work except reboot.

READ MY POST AND SIGNATURE I AM USING RETAIL. i only used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from a cd to install from the retail disk, or as a backup bootloader when i mess with chameleon and break it lol. i understand there are other bootloaders that boot a retail cd, but thats the one that worked the best for me without any trouble. it doesnt matter what bootloader you use to install as long as u use chameleon and a dsdt when your done installing. (check my signature)... i think u misunderstood a LOT.... EVERYTHING WORKS (minus c-states duh lol)... even DEEP SLEEP...

oh and one more thing, m1330 users will not have shutdown and reboot from any dsdt fix or any install guide. its only been fixed for the 1530's. for us m1330 guys, shutdown and restart DO WORK, BUT you need evorestart.kext. i know its a non vanilla extra kext to use but if it gives u restart and shutdown, and you dont have to remove it to update, and it will save your computer the trauma of pressing and holding the power button, why fight it....

oh and one more thing, m1330 users will not have shutdown and reboot from any dsdt fix or any install guide. its only been fixed for the 1530's. for us m1330 guys, shutdown and restart DO WORK, BUT you need evorestart.kext. i know its a non vanilla extra kext to use but if it gives u restart and shutdown, and you dont have to remove it to update, and it will save your computer the trauma of pressing and holding the power button, why fight it....

Excuse me to correct you, but it works for you because you have an Intel card in your 1330, not the Nvidia one. With the Nvidia one, shutdown is not working.

For the reboot, I tried previously Evoreboot with no success... I need to go with the RestartFix in chameleon (that is not perfect for us, for sure :)).

I continue to investigate why we cannot shutdown when the Nvidia driver is loaded (if you are in VGA, shutdown works), but I'm not sure I've got the right competencies to do that. But who knows, LOL, I might be lucky :(.

I suspect most of you would benefit from going to immo's post and following the instructions there for doing a retail install with the generic 1330 DSDT. Everything works for nvidia folks except shutdown and occasionally restart doesn't. There is a link in my signature. Using the chameleon 2 bootloader in the new releases section of this forum and stay away from distros like iatkos. Shell out the $ for a retail DVD.

do you mean EvOReboot? http://www.kexts.com/view/136-evoreboot,_r...w_leopard..html

says it doesnt work with 10.6.x

googled evorestart but it didnt come up..

does it help with sleep?

im sorry your correct my bad ill fix it in my signature... but yes evoreboot.. ill attach the one i use... works great for me, but keep in mind i have the (suprisingly rare it seems) x3100 (gm965) vid card so this may not work for you... im runnin 10.6.7 so im not sure y they say it wont work, and i got this one from the iatkos s3 disk (i think, havnt run iatkos in a long time, it was my first step into osx with my m1330, but since have moved to vanilla install, keeping kexts from iatkos that worked) and that was osx 10.6.3 i believe, so im not sure what thats about...

Excuse me to correct you, but it works for you because you have an Intel card in your 1330, not the Nvidia one. With the Nvidia one, shutdown is not working.

For the reboot, I tried previously Evoreboot with no success... I need to go with the RestartFix in chameleon (that is not perfect for us, for sure :P ).

I continue to investigate why we cannot shutdown when the Nvidia driver is loaded (if you are in VGA, shutdown works), but I'm not sure I've got the right competencies to do that. But who knows, LOL, I might be lucky ^_^ .

ahhhh... i see:) i have no experience with that card, and i do feel lucky that i have a native supported video card (sort of, have to boot in 32 bit cause apple decided i dont deserve 64 bit because of said card :) and i was a victim of the "sleep trick" till i found the abundant mercy of the dsdt :()

there is no anydsdt for the x3100 card on the first page tho, unfortunately, so i had to edit mine myself... no biggie...

does the chameleon restart fix force your computer to do a bios check everytime you restart/shutdown, or is that problem just related to my video card? it was the most annoying thing ever and it drove me back to evoreboot... sucks it doesnt work for everyone...

and as far as paying for os x... i think 30 bucks is not enough to give them for such wonderful software :P the price of os x and windows should be swapped, but to be honest, im not sure i would pay even 30$ for windows 7 :P lol

EvOreboot.kext.zip

Having a M1330 with X3100 graphics and I'm on a Chameleon-2.0-rc4 with retail 10.6.5. Upgraded 4GB -> 8GB main memory and couldn't install any 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 upgrade. Installation seemed to be fine, but would hang loading the first kext.

Replaced 4GB back, upgraded to 10.6.7, reinstalled 8GB and everything is fine. I can now boot 10.6.7 with 8GB without any issues. Ideas? Maybe try a more recent Chameleon? Will try some of the stuff in user daavvis' signature.

Are there any patches of the below outdated / not recommended anymore and replaced by more recent packages:

DSDT:

. intel pata crash

. x3100 sleep not required patch

. Fix USB Devices randomly not working

. some patch that makes AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext work instead of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

kext:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

fakesmc.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Trying not to bloat patches to keep updates working.

P.S.: There is no way getting X3100 GPU acceleration working with 10.6.7 in x86_64, is there? Works just in i386 out of the box.

Having a M1330 with X3100 graphics and I'm on a Chameleon-2.0-rc4 with retail 10.6.5. Upgraded 4GB -> 8GB main memory and couldn't install any 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 upgrade. Installation seemed to be fine, but would hang loading the first kext.

Replaced 4GB back, upgraded to 10.6.7, reinstalled 8GB and everything is fine. I can now boot 10.6.7 with 8GB without any issues. Ideas? Maybe try a more recent Chameleon? Will try some of the stuff in user daavvis' signature.

Are there any patches of the below outdated / not recommended anymore and replaced by more recent packages:

DSDT:

. intel pata crash

. x3100 sleep not required patch

. Fix USB Devices randomly not working

. some patch that makes AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext work instead of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

kext:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

fakesmc.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Trying not to bloat patches to keep updates working.

P.S.: There is no way getting X3100 GPU acceleration working with 10.6.7 in x86_64, is there? Works just in i386 out of the box.

k im pretty sure u cant install os x with more than 4gb of ram... have to put it in after install... pretty sure..

and i dont think you need appleacpips2nub.kext. i believe if you are using a new enough voodoops2 you dont need it

and last, i have searched far and wide and found no way to make the x3100 work in 64 bit mode. apple cut that option and i dont believe it will ever return, but be happy you dont have any other video probs lol

hope that helps lol

k im pretty sure u cant install os x with more than 4gb of ram... have to put it in after install... pretty sure..

You mean it's a problem of Mac OS X in general? But apple sells desktops with 8GB itself. I would guess it's more related to the Chameleon EFI implementation and / or issues with the current DSDT.

but be happy you dont have any other video probs lol

I'd love to use the HDMI output on my m1330, but I guess that will always be impossible, since apple doesn't include a driver for the Silicon Image Transmitter and nobody ported the code from the linux drivers. 1920 x 1200 with the VGA connector works however.

You mean it's a problem of Mac OS X in general? But apple sells desktops with 8GB itself. I would guess it's more related to the Chameleon EFI implementation and / or issues with the current DSDT.

I'd love to use the HDMI output on my m1330, but I guess that will always be impossible, since apple doesn't include a driver for the Silicon Image Transmitter and nobody ported the code from the linux drivers. 1920 x 1200 with the VGA connector works however.

from what ive read its the way os x is set up, and i know some apples ship with 8 gb but im pretty sure only 4 gb can be installed during a system install... if im wrong i hope someone corrects me here...

as far as hdmi, ive never tested mine so i have no idea, i thought it was working tho...

can i ask which dsdt your using? ive uploaded 3 i think was just curious which one your using... here's the one i use now with my smbios list and boot.plist... put "x's" in for serial number u have to change that but this way u can use it if u want it...

--edit... i just cleaned up my boot.plist, it was a bit messy and i didnt need the ethernet built in thing so heres the fixed one....

--edit 2-- does anyone know if i should implament the dsdtse x3100 laptop hack into my dsdt? im looking through it and im not sure if it fits, im not even sure where to input it cause mine looks a lot diferent than the example... anyone know?

dsdtsmbiosboot.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

as far as hdmi, ive never tested mine so i have no idea, i thought it was working tho...

VGA and LVDS (internal Laptop panel) works fine with the M1330. However HDMI is special. For Linux and Windows there is specific code integrated into the graphics driver which treats the different HDMI transmitters. Here is one:

http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?pid=6

But actually the SiI174 is used in the M1330 (with X3100 graphics - situation is completely different for nVidia). Only documentation you will probably find in the linux drm kernel part (here).

Apple doesn't seem to have a driver for this transmitter (most likely because they use another transmitter) and HDMI out is simply not detected.

Even using some framebuffer driver on the mac side without any QE/CI and forcing output to HDMI on the notebook with Fn + F8 prior to booting the mac doesn't seem to work. At least I couldn't get it working.

can i ask which dsdt your using?

I build my own from this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

and basically applied the patches I mentioned in my second last posting.

However even with

. DTGP Method

. Fix USB Devices Randomly Not Working

my USB is not always working (which is annoying since in this case bluetooth doesn't work either and I'm using an apple wireless keyboard + apple mighty mouse).

ive uploaded 3 i think was just curious which one your using... here's the one i use now with my smbios list and boot.plist... put "x's" in for serial number u have to change that but this way u can use it if u want it...

Will try them in a couple of days once I have some more time. Maybe I get a better macos experience.

In general I prefer lists of patches such that I can try one by one which works for me.

VGA and LVDS (internal Laptop panel) works fine with the M1330. However HDMI is special. For Linux and Windows there is specific code integrated into the graphics driver which treats the different HDMI transmitters. Here is one:

http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?pid=6

But actually the SiI174 is used in the M1330 (with X3100 graphics - situation is completely different for nVidia). Only documentation you will probably find in the linux drm kernel part (here).

Apple doesn't seem to have a driver for this transmitter (most likely because they use another transmitter) and HDMI out is simply not detected.

Even using some framebuffer driver on the mac side without any QE/CI and forcing output to HDMI on the notebook with Fn + F8 prior to booting the mac doesn't seem to work. At least I couldn't get it working.

I build my own from this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

and basically applied the patches I mentioned in my second last posting.

However even with

. DTGP Method

. Fix USB Devices Randomly Not Working

my USB is not always working (which is annoying since in this case bluetooth doesn't work either and I'm using an apple wireless keyboard + apple mighty mouse).

Will try them in a couple of days once I have some more time. Maybe I get a better macos experience.

In general I prefer lists of patches such that I can try one by one which works for me.

So wait, the voodoohda kext doesnt fix the hdmi? and do you know anything about the"x3100 laptop hack" on dsdtse and where i should put it? im not finding any agp (i cnow agp has been deleted because of the sleep screen prob)sort of device, except for vid device but im not sure if thats right...

So wait, the voodoohda kext doesnt fix the hdmi?

This should be pretty unrelated: VoodooHDA gives you sound, while HDMI's primary purpose is to give graphics output. VoodooHDA is only a driver for the intel HDA sound interface:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HDA

One could think that it's possible to get audio out of the HDMI connector even if graphics output is broken. But that's not case: The audio is multiplexed into the horizontal and vertical blanks of the image data. So basically you need a working HDMI graphics out to get sound over HDMI working.

While HDA gives you control over the different audio out channels and configurations of the intel HDA sound interface, you still need a driver of the device multiplexing the DVI + Sound stream. Which is the Silicon Image chip.

and do you know anything about the"x3100 laptop hack" on dsdtse and where i should put it? im not finding any agp (i cnow agp has been deleted because of the sleep screen prob)sort of device, except for vid device but im not sure if thats right...

Do you have a reference link? I'm not a frequent reader of mac os x stuff. I have no experience with this hack.

Just a general note: All AGP related stuff is fully compatible with any PCIe graphics card or any integrated graphics. That's because the software side interface didn't change with AGP/PCIe (but a PCI graphics card is different!). Only the physical layer changed, but in a layered architecture that doesn't concern the upper layers.

Are there any new promising patches e.g. from gigabyte board threads that people tested on M1330/M1530? Probably I should head over to immo's thread.

This should be pretty unrelated: VoodooHDA gives you sound, while HDMI's primary purpose is to give graphics output. VoodooHDA is only a driver for the intel HDA sound interface:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HDA

One could think that it's possible to get audio out of the HDMI connector even if graphics output is broken. But that's not case: The audio is multiplexed into the horizontal and vertical blanks of the image data. So basically you need a working HDMI graphics out to get sound over HDMI working.

While HDA gives you control over the different audio out channels and configurations of the intel HDA sound interface, you still need a driver of the device multiplexing the DVI + Sound stream. Which is the Silicon Image chip.

Do you have a reference link? I'm not a frequent reader of mac os x stuff. I have no experience with this hack.

Just a general note: All AGP related stuff is fully compatible with any PCIe graphics card or any integrated graphics. That's because the software side interface didn't change with AGP/PCIe (but a PCI graphics card is different!). Only the physical layer changed, but in a layered architecture that doesn't concern the upper layers.

Are there any new promising patches e.g. from gigabyte board threads that people tested on M1330/M1530? Probably I should head over to immo's thread.

http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

its a dsdt editor... it has a bunch of hacks you can choose from, and the "x3100 laptop hack is one of them, here is the hack and instructions

Intel GMA X3100 Laptop hack

Locate the graphics section of your DSDT (laptop/mobile)

Example: (PEGP), it could also be AGP or IGP or something similar. (Use the search feature to locate the section or "Registry Info from the menu")

Device (PEGP)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
               Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   If (GPIC)
                   {
                       Return (Package (0x04)
                       {
                           Package (0x04)
                           {
                               0xFFFF, 
                               Zero, 
                               Zero, 
                               0x10
                           }, 

.........  the code continues...............

The hack should be placed just below of the following code:

Device (PEGP)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                   Device (GFX)   /*  <------------- Hack begins */
				{
				  Name (_ADR, Zero)
				  Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
					{
						Store (Package (0x54)
						{

"device_type", 
				            Buffer (0x08)
				            {
				                "display"
				            },

"model", 
				            Buffer (0x0D)
				            {
				              "X3100"
				            },

"built-in",
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x01
							},

"AAPL,backlightRestore", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,DisplayConfig", 
				            Buffer (0x20)
				            {
				               /* 0000 */ 	0x13, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01,
							   /* 0008 */	0x21, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
				               /* 0010 */	0x41, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
							   /* 0018 */	0x81, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,HasLid", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,HasPanel", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,NumDisplays", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,NumFramebuffers", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,SelfRefreshSupported", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,aux-power-connected", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				            	0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL,backlight-control", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				            	0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08
				            },

"AAPL01,BacklightIntensity", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x64, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08
				            },

"AAPL01,BootDisplay", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,CurrentDisplay", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,DataJustify", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,Depth", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x20, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,Dither", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,DualLink", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,EDID", 
				            Buffer (0x80)
				            {
				                /* 0000 */    0x00, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 
				                /* 0008 */    0x06, 0x10, 0x5f, 0x9c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
				                /* 0010 */    0x08, 0x10, 0x01, 0x03, 0x80, 0x1d, 0x12, 0x78, 
				                /* 0018 */    0x0A, 0x2f, 0x30, 0x97, 0x58, 0x53, 0x8b, 0x29, 
				                /* 0020 */    0x25, 0x50, 0x54, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01, 
				                /* 0028 */    0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 
				                /* 0030 */    0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0xBC, 0x1B, 
				                /* 0038 */    0x00, 0xA0, 0x50, 0x20, 0x17, 0x30, 0x30, 0x20, 
				                /* 0040 */    0x36, 0x00, 0x1E, 0xB3, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x18, 
				                /* 0048 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F, 0x00, 0x06, 0x10, 0x20, 
				                /* 0050 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
				                /* 0058 */    0x0A, 0x20, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFE, 0x00, 0x4C, 
				                /* 0060 */    0x54, 0x31, 0x33, 0x33, 0x57, 0x58, 0x31, 0x2D, 
				                /* 0068 */    0x00, 0x43, 0x41, 0x31, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFE, 
				                /* 0070 */    0x00, 0x43, 0x6F, 0x6C, 0x6F, 0x72, 0x20, 0x4C, 
				                /* 0078 */    0x43, 0x44, 0x0A, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x00, 0xC2
				            },

"AAPL01,Height", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x20, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,Interlace", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,Inverter", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,InverterCurrent", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,InverterFrequency", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x08, 0x52, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,IODisplayMode", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x80
				            },

"AAPL01,LinkFormat", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,LinkType", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },				

"AAPL01,Pipe", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,PixelFormat", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,Refresh", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x3B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,Stretched", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,T0", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            },

"AAPL01,T1", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            }, 

"AAPL01,T2", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0xC8, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            }, 

"AAPL01,T3", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0xC8, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            }, 

"AAPL01,T4", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            }, 

"AAPL01,T5", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				            }, 

"AAPL01,T6", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x90, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
				            }, 

"AAPL01,Width", 
				            Buffer (0x04)
				            {
				                0x00, 0x05, 0x00, 0x00
				            }

}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
				}
				}

i tried to input this under the vid section and i got immediate kp's on boot. i had to boot into an install dvd and remove and replace the dsdt through the command line (stupid me replaced the dsdt without testing it first) the instructions are not very clear...

also... ive been looking into trying to find who manufactures our motherboard... do we have a gigabyte board or is it actually made by dell?

and thats good to know about the voodoohda driver... i did not understand how hdmi works but now i do thank you... im gonna plug it in to a tv today ill let you know how it works out but im expecting failure lol

let me know if you think i should do something with this hack or leave it alone... must be some purpose for it if its in this software... you seem to know more than me, and i havnt been able to get much help from anyone, ever lol... im still learning code and what not, im very bright and have only been working on the hackintosh project for 3 months or so and have had a lot of success, just want to button up some minor issues...

The hack may be required for notebooks with a certain anomaly (PEGP address different from GFX0 address). Third paragraph here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1360490

But I'm currently lacking time to investigate this in further detail. Most likely not required for M1330.

Our mainboard ist made and built by Dell. The reason I mentioned Gigabyte: The community of Gigabyte users is bigger than the few people using a M1530/M1330 (even even less using an M1330 with X3100 graphics). Thus the Gigabyte crowd often has aleady patches that turn out being useful for the M1x30 as well.

This thread lives from people that try from time to time new patches.

The hack may be required for notebooks with a certain anomaly (PEGP address different from GFX0 address). Third paragraph here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1360490

But I'm currently lacking time to investigate this in further detail. Most likely not required for M1330.

Our mainboard ist made and built by Dell. The reason I mentioned Gigabyte: The community of Gigabyte users is bigger than the few people using a M1530/M1330 (even even less using an M1330 with X3100 graphics). Thus the Gigabyte crowd often has aleady patches that turn out being useful for the M1x30 as well.

This thread lives from people that try from time to time new patches.

right on, i figured our board was made by dell cause through all my searching i havnt found any other manufacturer, and that clears up a lot of questions ive had...

as far as that hack, i figured it wasnt important, cause i dont often have video issues, other than the occasional freeze up after sleep, most prominent when its plugged in... when it does freeze up, the screen will light up for a second, then go black and nothing works... im prettty sure ive done all the fixes for this in the dsdt so im not sure why this happens, thats why i was investigating this...

EDIT: I did search this thread but cos some stuff is so old, i didnt no if the ideas where still working or if new things had replaced them.. thanks.

hey all

love the site, very helpful.

need some advice though.

i Got a dell m1330, 32bit.

i used, iATKOS S3 DVD, Mac os X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 10D573 to install, with the following added options

Bootloader:

AsereBLN v1.1.9

Bootloader Options:

Graphics Enabler

32-bit boot option

Patches:

/Extra directory

fakesmc

disabler

RTC (32-bit)

EVO Reboot

Drivers:

AHCI Sata

Main/PS2/

Voodoo P-state

Laptop Battery

ACPI thermal 32-bit

NTFS 3G

Network/Wireless/Broadcom driver

I have also now updated to 10.6.7 osx through the Software update.

THE PROBLEM(s)

i cant restart/shutdown/sleep - just goes to black screen

Closing the lid also does nothing.

if anyone has a fix for these that WONT mess up my system (as iv had to reinstall about 20 times to get everything working right), that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

im sorry your correct my bad ill fix it in my signature... but yes evoreboot.. ill attach the one i use... works great for me, but keep in mind i have the (suprisingly rare it seems) x3100 (gm965) vid card so this may not work for you... im runnin 10.6.7 so im not sure y they say it wont work, and i got this one from the iatkos s3 disk (i think, havnt run iatkos in a long time, it was my first step into osx with my m1330, but since have moved to vanilla install, keeping kexts from iatkos that worked) and that was osx 10.6.3 i believe, so im not sure what thats about...

SO will this fix the sleep problem? or just the restart/shutdown problem?

if not, any sleep solutions?

thanks

SO will this fix the sleep problem? or just the restart/shutdown problem?

if not, any sleep solutions?

thanks

i think u should install vanilla and use a dsdt... most likely thats your problem. once you hae a dsdt in place you can delete disabler, rtc, voodoopstates, and any other power related kexts.

i dont think u will have any more success until u go vanilla

i think u should install vanilla and use a dsdt... most likely thats your problem. once you hae a dsdt in place you can delete disabler, rtc, voodoopstates, and any other power related kexts.

i dont think u will have any more success until u go vanilla

thanks for the reply.. do you have a link to a Vanilla install tut? or just a good Vanilla download etc?

thanks

• 1 month later...

hi all,

have anyone here tried OSX Lion DP with M1330 (nvidia)?

i've got Lion DP1 running great..

but with the same setups, i always have random freezes with DP2 or DP3, without kernel panics.. no idea what causes it.

any idea?

hi all,

have anyone here tried OSX Lion DP with M1330 (nvidia)?

i've got Lion DP1 running great..

but with the same setups, i always have random freezes with DP2 or DP3, without kernel panics.. no idea what causes it.

any idea?

I too experience system freezes in my Lion DP3 (11a459e) external HDD installation which might be caused by the Spotlight. :(

lion dp 4 installation starts and freezes????? please

I too have experienced system stalls during the initial OS X Lion installation. I believe that they may be caused by the USB ports loosing or not receiving enough power and therefore being disconnected during the installation of Lion. So, install only on an internal hard drive with nothing but the installation flash drive plugged into the USB port during the installation. Therefore, external USB hard drive installation would fail but you could still clone it post internal hard drive installation to the external hard drive. To reiterate, ensure that all of your USB ports are not being used and NOTHING is plugged into them, not even cables!

I too have experienced system stalls during the initial OS X Lion installation. I believe that they may be caused by the USB ports loosing or not receiving enough power and therefore being disconnected during the installation of Lion. So, install only on an internal hard drive with nothing but the installation flash drive plugged into the USB port during the installation. Therefore, external USB hard drive installation would fail but you could still clone it post internal hard drive installation to the external hard drive. To reiterate, ensure that all of your USB ports are not being used and NOTHING is plugged into them, not even cables!

can I make it written on the DVD? Did you install? if you did, I'm expecting more detailed info. Thanks...