[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

When you say you got everything working in 10.6.4 does that include HDMI out?

I haven't tested hdmi video out yet... audio via hdmi in the past has not worked.

I haven't tested hdmi video out yet... audio via hdmi in the past has not worked.

I just tested HDMI video out... freezes the computer. :/

On another note, the new mac mini has HDMI out... can we borrow info from there to get HDMI video & audio to work???

On another note, the new mac mini has HDMI out... can we borrow info from there to get HDMI video & audio to work???

HDMI works with a DVI converter. Straight HDMI freezes..

Donkey or Talisman do either of you have the latest DSDT for the XPS M1530 that supports the T9500 (2.6GHZ) processor, Nvidia 8600M graphics 256mb, 15.4 inch LCD screen, Default HD audio card, Dell 1505 Wireless (a/b/g/n) and 4 gigs ram?

I grabbed one of your DSDT a while which was timmyj9 DSDT. He was suppose to update the C and P states scripts for the processor and I am unsure how far along that has gone? There was a bit more to this to get it fully functional in OSX Snow Leopard and I don't really remember but aserblen has a huge thread on this whole Power Management and Speed step thing for Gigabyte Motherboards in the efixusers forum.

Any time soon for an EFI Bios for the M1530? I know there is a project out there for the Gigabyte boards and they have successfully compiled many EFI bios's for them.

Thanks

EDITED 6-19-10

There is a new Thread on for the M1330/M1530 and Brett has a great new non specific CPU DSDT and works great for me.

Donkey and timmyj9 and Talisman all giving great input on the new thread!!

I am still on 10.6.2, because I fear that my HDMI Out broke, now its working without any issues.I have a M1530 with a GeForce 8600 and 2GB ram I use a DSDT to get the Graphics to work.

Am I save to Update and when, is it better to first update to 10.6.3 and than to 10.6.4 or should I move directly to 10.6.4

Luggi

I am still on 10.6.2, because I fear that my HDMI Out broke, now its working without any issues.I have a M1530 with a GeForce 8600 and 2GB ram I use a DSDT to get the Graphics to work.

Am I save to Update and when, is it better to first update to 10.6.3 and than to 10.6.4 or should I move directly to 10.6.4

Luggi

Schould not mather. Didnt know HDMI is not working, dont use it, yet.

Hi everybody,

I have a dell vostro 1700 (17" 1440*900, t8300, 9600m gt) and, i used it as an hackintosh in the past (two years ago).

Then, after a lot of problems, i erased everything and i used windows vista and the windows 7.

Now, i would like to put again mac os on my vostro...but i have a few questions:

I want to know if: - I could have sleep working

- I could have speedstep working

- I could have dual screen working

I really need these 3 things...

Is it possible (i had a lot of troubles with sleep and speedstep in the past...)

Thanks!

Nicolas

Nicolas - I also I have a vostro 1700 with the same specs as yours, although I am running a higher screen res. I am dual booting into either windows 7 ultimate 64 bit or Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I did a vanilla install using chameleon rc4 and a retail install dvd. I have speedstep, sleep and dual screen working as well as everything else. All the help you should need is right here in this thread you posted to. Just do some searching and you should find all you need. If not then post back and I will help you out if I can.

harlito

Hi everybody,

I have a dell vostro 1700 (17" 1440*900, t8300, 9600m gt) and, i used it as an hackintosh in the past (two years ago).

Then, after a lot of problems, i erased everything and i used windows vista and the windows 7.

Now, i would like to put again mac os on my vostro...but i have a few questions:

I want to know if: - I could have sleep working

- I could have speedstep working

- I could have dual screen working

I really need these 3 things...

Is it possible (i had a lot of troubles with sleep and speedstep in the past...)

Thanks!

Nicolas

M1530 8600mgt tried different solutions (there is a modified dsdt string out there which sould have worked no luck even there the only thing that rather than a total freeze u get black screen) hdmi out on 10.6.4 couzez instant freeze. Aside from hdmi out i got everything workin.

only thing left is to try to rollback to old kexts

will keep posted. 4 now i see no solutions

I had the same video issue going from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2. Someone suggested rolling back to 10.6.1's nvidia kext which worked beautifully for me. I have been leary of upgrading to anything beyond 10.6.2 because of losing HDMI even though it sounds like there are some 10.6.4 only features. I guess Apple isnt going to fix whatever they broke in the nvidia kext =/

Hi all,

i come bringing good news.

been working on an edit of voodoohda.kext recently.

i now have a fully functional stac9205 on vostro 1500

built in mic

external mic

speaker

headphone (autoswitching works)

and (drumroll) SPDIF OUT!!!!!

spdif requires a dell adapter for svideo port, or the poking in of some wires,,lol..your preference. it also requires to you bridge spdif ground to the other grounds in the port that are for video (due to a voltage difference). This isn't an osx86 issue,,,this is dell.

If anyone wants it, i'll post it up :)

*edit* apparently dolby digital isn't going to work...................what a waste of time

Hi all,

i come bringing good news.

been working on an edit of voodoohda.kext recently.

i now have a fully functional stac9205 on vostro 1500

built in mic

external mic

speaker

headphone (autoswitching works)

and (drumroll) SPDIF OUT!!!!!

spdif requires a dell adapter for svideo port, or the poking in of some wires,,lol..your preference. it also requires to you bridge spdif ground to the other grounds in the port that are for video (due to a voltage difference). This isn't an osx86 issue,,,this is dell.

If anyone wants it, i'll post it up :)

*edit* apparently dolby digital isn't going to work...................what a waste of time

Can this (the wire tinkering) be done to the hdmi port so HD display is possible? Were you able to get both headphone jacks to work simultaneously?

Thanks!!

sorry dude, vostro 1500 has no hdmi and only one headphone port (maybe yours is newer model?), so i can't offer any help on this. ;)

to clarify though,,,i WOULD NOT go poking wires anywhere,lol....

my vostro has a 7pin din output (looks like svideo)

dell use that for svideo AND spdif, and they provide a unique adapter for the job.

i only poked wires into the appropriate pin holes to test the output before buying the adapter.

been lookin into dolby digital tho...

Leopard used to give me the option of Built-in Digital Output or Built-in Digital Output(encoded)

But on snow leopard with voodoohda, the device shows as SPDIF out (orange), and there's no option for encoded playback.

so the best i get is digital stereo (pfffft)

i've modified the device name under snow leopard to read "Built-in Digital Output"

but there's never an option for encoded

does anyone have encoded output working in snow??

hanks in advance to anyone who knows.

hello people! I own an xps m1330( 2.2 ghz c2d; intel wifi; 3g ram; 250gb hdd) and want a dual boot with win7. I tried iAtkos v7; iAtkos 5i; iPC 10.5.6, Deneb . Non of them worked. Some of them wont run through the installation, or manages to finish it but freezes during the first boot. It never got to the OSX welcome page. I tried to turn AHCI to SATA mode, tried all the kernels(vanilla too). Seriously people help me I see you could do it, I dont have a clue whats wrong with my system. Could that be win7 presently running on the machine? I have a well-working bootloader so that shouldnt be a problem. What shall I do?

Ok, well I have tried to get help for this problem everywhere but on this thread. I have an xps m1330 and everything worked perfectly on 10.6.1. I thought it would be ok to update to 10.6.2 and did so. It was a big mistake. First, my network card stopped getting detected and the bcm_enabler script stopped working, but luckily I found a kext that works. Now my sound doesn't work and I tried lots of stuff, like 3-4 voodoohda kexts and the applehda kext from the first post of this thread. I also never managed to get my card reader to work, and although this isn't really a "problem" for some reason my two finger scroll sometimes works and sometimes it reverts to one-finger (like I said, not really a problem).

My main problem is audio because I do video editing on mac (I have a win7/sl/linux mint tri-boot working). So if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and, by the way, I'm currently using Brett's newest dsdt.aml (with nvidia 8400gm support)

Thanks

Hey,

I already postet my problem at the "Dell Vostro 1510 Perfect excep Sleep"-Thread, but I think this thread is almost down, so sorry in advance for double-posting.

My problem:

I recovered a Dnow Leopard retail DVD to my USB drive, then added all the kexts and other things to a "Extra"-folder on that stick. I also installed Chameleon to it. Then I changed my BIOS to AHCI and made External Devices to my primary boot device. Now my Vostro keeps telling my that there is no Operating System found. What did I do wrong?

/edit

Think the problem was that I didn't make the partion a GUID partion. But whenever I try to make it a GUID partion via Harddsik utility (Mac OS 10.4.11, 1.33 GHz PPC 768 MB RAM) it keeps telling me that it's creating the partitiontable. It keeps on doing this since hours and doesn't change - any idea?

/edit

Thanks a lot,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I'm preparing a USB stick with a vanilla Snow Leopard install disc.

My laptop is an XPS M1330: Core 2 Duo T6400, Intel x3100 gpu, Broadcom wireless, SigmaTel STAC9228 audio

Should I copy the Extras folder from Superhai's Dell Preboot CD (http://www.superhai.com/boot-test.html), or can I just boot without it?

Superhai's laptop had an NVidia graphics chipset, and I'm not sure about the wireless chipset. I'm wondering if I can just do a plain installation and then just make my own DSDT.

UPDATE: I tried using Superhai's preboot.dmg. It starts, and as it goes through the boot process, it eventually ends up on a blank screen with my display off. I'm trying to build my own Preboot.dmg, but I keep getting kernel crashes, possibly because of VoodooHDA not loading with its dependencies (what are they?).

I may try to just take all the kexts from Superhai's Preboot and use my DSDT (which I downloaded from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...;#entry1306473).

After hours upon hours of trying, I was finally able to get together the right .kexts and DSDT edits to form a Preboot.dmg that works!

Sound worked right out the door. Few problems still though:

1. Display stuck at 1024x768..any help?

2. Wireless

3. Occasional kernel panics over USB, backtrace goes to IOUSB kexts or something of that nature...

I'm installing the 10.6.4 update, was thinking maybe it would resolve the resolution issues.

UPDATE: Got x3100 working! Had to use Natit (not sure if it's actually doing anything though...) and boot in 32-bit mode. Now to fix wireless...

UPDATE 2: Got wireless working! Was stuck a while after editing the kext, because I forgot to rebuild my kextcache. After that it was a breeze! Well...it's 4:30 am now...maybe I'll do more later :(