[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm running Snow Leopard on an m1330 and I'm having some serious issues with the video card. I unfortunately do not have the nvidia graphics card but rather, the intel gmax1300.

The problem is when starting up. They only way I can get the display to function properly is to have a second monitor plugged in and then switch to that monitor (fn + f8) during bootup when the spinning wheel is shown. When I do this, the display switches to the external monitor for the boot phase and automatically switches back to the laptop display once the OS is loaded.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or have any idea on how to fix it?

I have verified that the gmax1300 and gmax1300fb kexts are loaded. Google searches have not helped out here.

One thing it could be is that I'm running a dsdt that was designed for the nvidia card. Would this have something to do with it?

Search didn't turn up anything useful, so I thought I should post.

I've got a fairly successful M1530 MBR-based Snow Leopard set up with almost everything in working order. The only things that are eluding me are making sure SpeedStep is working (MSR Tools and CoolBook both aren't reading my processor for some reason), getting the touchpad fully working, and mapping keyboard keys properly.

For the first problem, the SpeedStep/processor stuff, I'm running in 32-bit mode and I have a T7500 Core 2 Duo processor, and I'm using Brett's DSDT file (link) and the smbios from this guide (link). But I don't plan to use OS X *that* much, and likely plugged in, so that isn't a huge issue, but I'd still be interested if anyone had thoughts on this.

As for the keyboard, the Alt keys are assigned to the Command(cloverleaf) key, which would be more natural for me to assign to the Ctrl key. Again, not major, but if someone knows of something, I'd appreciate it.

However, what I'm really interested in is fixing my trackpad. It works alright, but its still far too sensitive and I don't have scrolling. This is despite using the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and I should note that I have been getting the "Trackpad not found" error when I've tried to use the Preference Pane, and the sensitivity options don't seem to affect anything. I'd appreciate whatever help you can give on this point!

Search didn't turn up anything useful, so I thought I should post.

I've got a fairly successful M1530 MBR-based Snow Leopard set up with almost everything in working order. The only things that are eluding me are making sure SpeedStep is working (MSR Tools and CoolBook both aren't reading my processor for some reason)........

......"Trackpad not found" error when I've tried to use the Preference Pane, and the sensitivity options don't seem to affect anything. I'd appreciate whatever help you can give on this point!

For trackpad and keyboard use this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q1QYQCJD

Its a modded trackpad prefpane that you have to install.

Make sure you do not have any other smbios resolver or injector kexts and the smbios has the proper processor information. Also make sure you are not using any power management kext (non-vanilla)

The command key assignment can be changed in the voodoops2 plist.

Hey guys, ok total noob here. I bought an xps m1530 not to long ago and have been running windows 7 x64 on it so far successfully. I wanted to partition it and install snowleopard too so i did a bit of research when i was buying and bought the dell wireless card. Anyways ill post the specks to my computer after my question .

I was wondering if someone could PLEASE tell me exactly what to install in order to get the snowleopard working properly. I have read liek 10 pages of posts and so many choices. I was wondering if someone who has already got it working on there m1530 could just post what things exactly will i need to choose when im installing the software and then after install what will i need to download sperately. This would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

XPS M1530, C2D T8300 (2.4

INTEL DUAL CORE 2,MEROM,N

4GB, DDR2, 667 MHZ,2 DIMM

85 WHR,9-CELL,LION,PRIM B

HD AUDIO 2.0

8X DVD+/-RW SLOT DRV, XPS

256MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600

15.4 BLACK WXGA+ M1530 W/

320GB HARD DRIVE,5.4K,XPS

DELL WRLS 1505 WIRELESS-N

INT 355 BLUETOOTH WRLESS

btw i dont know but if you want to see the options i have on my copy of the OS they are here

http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=44...&highlight=

that is also the version i am getting of the OS

Install_Options.txt

anyone?? Iv already downloaded a copy of the snow, any help on exactly which options to select during the instal would be really helpfull

This is a little out of date but should still work. I should really get around to updating it fully.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...9654&st=705

Also look in: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780 for the latest and up to date DSDT.aml files for generic use on an M1530, these will contain all required fixes.

Also you can happily use Chameleon 2 RC4 or RC5 as the bootloader.

Brett

Hi.

I'm running Snow Leopard on an m1330 and I'm having some serious issues with the video card. I unfortunately do not have the nvidia graphics card but rather, the intel gmax1300.

The problem is when starting up. They only way I can get the display to function properly is to have a second monitor plugged in and then switch to that monitor (fn + f8) during bootup when the spinning wheel is shown. When I do this, the display switches to the external monitor for the boot phase and automatically switches back to the laptop display once the OS is loaded.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or have any idea on how to fix it?

I have verified that the gmax1300 and gmax1300fb kexts are loaded. Google searches have not helped out here.

One thing it could be is that I'm running a dsdt that was designed for the nvidia card. Would this have something to do with it?

Hi there the maybe we can help each other I'm emailing you from my 1330 with the same video card but no luck on the sound ok here is how I got mine to work with out having to plug into a monitor you will have to down load the sleep app ( google it ) put in in your apps file open it after that open desktop & screen saver in system preference setup hot corner (pick one corner) set it to put display to sleep. . How open accounts in system preference and open login items and add the sleep app to open on startup. Now you can restart your computer and you wont have to plug in your monitor. Just move your mouse to what ever corner you set to sleep display and your display will open

Hello guys,

Thanks for your work.

I have an XPS M1530 T8100 and I installed Leopard with iatkos v7.

Now I 'm trying to install Snow Leopard 10.6.2, i have the install dvd from my imac.

I tried with Superhai boot cds v5 and v4 and also with M1530_T8300_8600MGT_WSXGA+.iso but i always get the following error:

Snow leopard dvd starts and after selecting the language, I get the message "Os x cannot be installed on this computer". I have options to restart or restore.

Is this due to the DVD or should I edit the DSDT or something else?

Can someone help?

Thank you

Hello guys,

Thanks for your work.

I have an XPS M1530 T8100 and I installed Leopard with iatkos v7.

Now I 'm trying to install Snow Leopard 10.6.2, i have the install dvd from my imac.

I tried with Superhai boot cds v5 and v4 and also with M1530_T8300_8600MGT_WSXGA+.iso but i always get the following error:

Snow leopard dvd starts and after selecting the language, I get the message "Os x cannot be installed on this computer". I have options to restart or restore.

Is this due to the DVD or should I edit the DSDT or something else?

Can someone help?

Thank you

Make sure you have a full retail version of Snow Leopard, not the upgrade disc. I am not sure how to tell exactly but figure out BEFORE PROCEEDING.

Once you have that install disc loaded, before clicking install, run Disk Utility from the DVD and erase the volume you want to install on.

Only do this if you have EVERYTHING you wanted from the previous install backed up appropriately.

This has worked for me when I had a previous Leopard install on the volume. I found it necessary to erase the volume prior to entering the install.

But after reading your question again here I think I misinterpreted. I remember having trouble installing with one of superhai's v4 or v5. I might have got it going with 2 or 3 and the install worked.

Thanks myrorym for replying.

I 've got it working using a retail sl dvd.

Then I got sound working (it took me hours) and now I'm trying to make shutdown/restart to work.

I can't make it. Should I mess with DSDT things?

Or is there a .kext that i should install with Kext utility to library/extensions ?

Or should i use kext helper?

OpenHaltRestard didn't work for me.

What about the nvidia card? I think it's not installed (i have only one resolution and nothing on System preferences)

How can i install it? I read that if i do that no restart/shutdown will work.

I 'm asking many things, sorry gyus, but I have been reading and reading for the last four days and i can't be sure what to do because many posts/guides are one-two years old...

I have a dell xps M1530, T8100, nvidia gt8600!

Thanks a lot

Thanks myrorym for replying.

I 've got it working using a retail sl dvd.

Then I got sound working (it took me hours) and now I'm trying to make shutdown/restart to work.

Or is there a .kext that i should install with Kext utility to library/extensions ?

Or should i use kext helper?

OpenHaltRestard didn't work for me.

What about the nvidia card? I think it's not installed (i have only one resolution and nothing on System preferences)

How can i install it? I read that if i do that no restart/shutdown will work.

I 'm asking many things, sorry gyus, but I have been reading and reading for the last four days and i can't be sure what to do because many posts/guides are one-two years old...

I have a dell xps M1530, T8100, nvidia gt8600!

Thanks a lot

Shutdown/Restart I don,t have working. I've read some threads but haven,t tried much.

As far as GFX... You'll need a proper DSDT.aml file Read up Immo's Guide. I wouldn,t worry about making your own if u dost need, just read up and check the files at the bottom of his post. There should be a DSDT for M1530s and any CPU/Nvidia GFX.

You,ll also need to edit smbios.plist & com.apple.boot.plist to match your setup. Not sure where a 1530 smbios is, but you could edit Immo,s or search harder.

all THREE of the previously mentioned files should be located in your /Extra/ folder. I would edit them outside that folder, then copy them there and REPAIR permissions for the folder per step 4.6 in the guide.

I do not claim to know the intricacies of all this, but I share what has worked for me thus far in booting Vanilla 10.6.3 from chameleon loader.

Good luck and don,t forget google site search when you have problems. ie "fix my computer site:insanelymac.com"

then sort by date relevance as a lot of guide,s are outdated.

- what files form that folder do i need exactly? - the HD audio one didnt work for some reason?

I have installed Snow Leopard successfully on my m1530 FINALLY. I followed this guide http://snow-leopard-pc.webs.com/apps/forum...47615-tutorials - and it worked! I used "my hack installer" and got the resolution on the screen to be more clear and then i tried to get the sound working and messed up badly. I tried putting a couple kexts in and messed up the whole os (btw the 4-5 kexts i did try after i searched m1530 sound in the search - did NOT work, even after restarting the pc)

so i was wondering if some one could PLEASE send me a link that would work on the snow leopard 10.6.2 and with my xps - with the sound and anything else i would need. I would really appreciate it as i dont wanna mess it up again

edit: when i go to device manager in windows, this is the exact sound card it lists SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC -- VendorID8384 DevID7616

XPS M1530, C2D T8300 (2.4

INTEL DUAL CORE 2,MEROM,N

4GB, DDR2, 667 MHZ,2 DIMM

85 WHR,9-CELL,LION,PRIM B

HD AUDIO 2.0 - VendorID8384 DevID7616 Sigmatell HD Audio CODEC

8X DVD+/-RW SLOT DRV, XPS

256MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600

15.4 BLACK WXGA+ M1530 W/

320GB HARD DRIVE,5.4K,XPS

DELL WRLS 1505 WIRELESS-N

INT 355 BLUETOOTH WRLESS

btw i couldn't install the os on the hard drive again after the first time i messed it up, it kept giving me the error ... "still waiting for boot device", so now im reformatting the whole thing the long way and will have to repeat the whole installation process. If you do know anything about this error i wouldn't mind the input but i did try the rd=disk1 then rd=disk2 then rd=disk3 etc - and it didnt work

Again, this is all that you need to get the m1530 working: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFPQYZ0L

It has the generic DSDT and should work with speedstepping for any CPU. All you have to do is edit the cpu info in the smbios.plist and the memory info if you have anything other than 4GB. The UUID hardly matters but you can find one of your choice and put it in too.

with this everything other than restart works. Should work for any m1530 configuration that has 8600M GT. You will need all the files to make everything working.

I just browsed around the forum and didn't find what I needed, well I don't think so anyway.

Here is my configuration Dell XPS m1340:

~2.53GHz C2D

~4GB RAM

~nvidia 9400M G

~Windows 7 Ultimate

~Mac OS 10.5.8

2hxviwj.png

I had Sound working, but I had a small problem when I installed the voodoobattery and made my computer not boot anymore, so I had to reinstall OSX and now I can't get it to work for the life of me. I have most all other things working, I just need sound, battery status and memory card reader to work and I think ill be set.

~Photo Booth works

~Bluetooth works

~WiFi works

~Ethernet works

~haven't tried the HDMI or display port

~eSATA works

~all USB ports work

Here are the kext I have installed:

adzu51.png

If anyone has everything working, can you please link me to the files or where I can go to get everything working please?

I have searched around the forum and didn't seem to find exactly what I was looking to find. This is my first hackintosh, but I've owned a Macbook in the past and love the Mac OS just not the price tag. Anyway any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If any other information is needed, please ask for it and I will provide so it's easier to help me solve my issues.

TIA :P

• 2 weeks later...

After using STC9228 AppleHDA.kext from this thread, Traktor DJ Studio just crashes. Before using this, I was using patched kext by Taruga's HDA patcher and Traktor was running fine. All ports were working but no mute and no auto switching.Can anyone help me?

My specs are,

Dell Inspiron 1525

Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac OS X 10.5.8 - iDeneb version

160 GB

4 GB DDR2

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Finaly ive got 10.6 running on my M1530 (T8100,8600GT) but I cant seem to find the VoodooHDA version 2.6.2 as mentioned in Donkey's sig. (fixed)

Ive just updated to 10.6.5 without any problems yet! :blink:

3rd day messing with Snow :D

Yeah, if someone could please provide a link for downloading the Voodoo HDA 2.6.2 kext it would be great. Also, where someone should put all those DSDT's provided by Brett? ;)

Just need this help before i can finally replace my iAtkos v7 install with my Snow DVD

Yeah, if someone could please provide a link for downloading the Voodoo HDA 2.6.2 kext it would be great. Also, where someone should put all those DSDT's provided by Brett? ;)

Just need this help before i can finally replace my iAtkos v7 install with my Snow DVD

Here you go.. VodooHDA 2.6.2..

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355 (scroll down for 2.6.2)

For Brett's, try the google search at the top of the screen, it works.. I could not find the VodooHDA 2.6.2 with it.. :D

See, it works.. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...90780&st=80

Here you go.. VodooHDA 2.6.2..

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355 (scroll down for 2.6.2)

For Brett's, try the google search at the top of the screen, it works.. I could not find the VodooHDA 2.6.2 with it.. :P

See, it works.. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...90780&st=80

Thanks devtone!!! :D Guess now i have everything i need for my Snow install.

Will try install it and post the results during the week :P