[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My notebook is

Dell XPS M1530 T7250-8600GT

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7250 (2MB cache/2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB)

Mainboard Intel PM965

High Resolution, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LCD(1440x900) & 2MP Camera

4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)

Speed: 250GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor

Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)

256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (abg)

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E (10/100MBit)

Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0+Enhanced Data Rate)

56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Audi SigmaTel STAC9228

Usb Adaptor Zyxel NWD 271N

1- I installed İdeneb 1.6 mac leopard 10.5.8. After I loaded graphic card, it does not restart or shutdown.

I had to turn it off by pushing power button.

2- I installed İatkos V7 mac leopard 10.5.7 and again after loading graphic card, it did not restart or shut down.

In these versions, how can I restart or shutdown my notebook?

3- I installed universal 3.6 Snow leopard 10.6.2 and tried to load NVEnabler64,Nvinject,NvidiaGO,Nvkushinstaller ve Nvinstaller by punk92

files but they did not work. I'm looking for a driver apropriate to this version. How can it work?

4- In Snow leopard, usb adaptor Zyxel NWD 271N is not installed. It gives an error message. How can I fix this?

I'm waitin for your help. Thanks...

I've finally gotten Display Mirroring working on the M1530, the NVInject.kext is attached uses Talisman's NVCAP value and my mirroring string. To get it working on the 1330, try just changing the NVCAP value, and if that doesn't work post back and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Disclaimer: This cuts 3D performance by roughly half (it's closer to 40-45%) when Mirroring is enabled, but when disabled it reverts back to full speed. My guess is that it's cut in half because it renders the image out twice rather than pulling from the buffer or something similar, but for giving a presentation or demoing anything non 3D intensive it should work great.

Edit #3: Kexts now attached here and about 3 or 4 posts downward with an explanation of how I got it working.

Hello, i have a dell xps m1530 with a graphic card nvidia 8600m GT 256 mb i can't get it working. in the profiler after installing the kext that you provided i still get the fallowing info even after restart.

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0407

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

can you please give me a pointer on how to make the graphic card to work? core image hardware accelerated and Quartz extreme to be suported? thank you in advance

initially without any kexts installed i had

nVidia GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8600M GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0407

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 0x

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Hello, i have a dell xps m1530 with a graphic card nvidia 8600m GT 256 mb i can't get it working. in the profiler after installing the kext that you provided i still get the fallowing info even after restart.

can you please give me a pointer on how to make the graphic card to work? core image hardware accelerated and Quartz extreme to be suported? thank you in advance

Look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=930144

You can also make a DSDT.aml and not use any video kexts. Look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

Once Nvidia works on M1530/M1330 restart and shutdown won't work. Restart might work again if you use Master Chief's restart kext.

I created a preboot cd for installing snow, and decided to share it with you. It is in its infancy and specifically designed for my Dell XPS M1330. It is straighforward, insert and boot from it - when chameleon screen completes loading, eject the cd and insert the Snow Leopard dvd and wait for approx one minute. Then press F5 and if all goes well you will see the DVD as an icon. Choose it and off you go.

TODO:

-Use 64 bit (it is 32 bit due to the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from 10.5)

-Use DSDT.aml, some issues with chameleon still prevails

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Will This work as well on my Dess Studio XPS 435t? i have:

CPU-intel i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

Motherboard- OX501H V.A14

I have tried Empires EFI preboot but i had no luck

Hi Guys,

I'm a new hackintosh user, and I'm trying to get Audio working on my Dell XPS m1330. I installed the VoodooHDA package, and it gave jittery/squeaky non-sound. I tried installing the patched 9228 drivers, but I'm still getting the same result. Can anyone help me out please?

Hi you will need to provide more information - what is the spec of your m1330 - which method did you install with etc etc.

It would be a shot in the dark without that information.

plus from what you say the answer is in this thread.

Hey all I noticed that there was some disussion on this thread about Vostros and Snow Leo. I have not received any answers on my other thread yet so I will post here:

So I have successfully installed SL 10.6 on my Vostro 1700 and Combo Updated to 10.6.2. I am using Cham RC3 boot loader also. Everything works except the following:

-No Sleep mode (pretty typical from what I can tell)

-Doesn't Shutdown and Restart without holding down the power button after clicking one or the other (Also rather typical anymore)

-My battery is not recognized by Mac and so I only know when my battery is critical when the orange light on the laptop flashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the battery meter working? I have not found a thread specific for the Vostro battery. This is my main concern. I would really like to get this working!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on the first two items that don't work (Sleep mode and Shutdown and restart) please let me know! Thanks everyone! These threads have helped me a ton in getting multiple PCs using Leo and SL! :)

P.S. just in case it matters my CPU is the 2.0GHz and I have the 8600M GT GPU.

Please let me know if anyone can help with any of these. I really need help with the battery meter more than anything! Thanks!

Hi guys.

So today, I finally got my Snow Leopard install to work on my Dell XPS M1330.

I used the Universal disk, version 10.6.2.

Everything is perfect, audio, video, and bluetooth work out of the box. There's only one horrible thing...

MY WIFI DOES NOT WORK.

Yes, I have a Dell TrueMobile 1395, yes I tried the Dell Laptop Post Installer, yes I tried the bcm43xx_enabler.sh, I went into BIOS and turned off and on my wifi switch, yes I tried EVERYTHING. Please help, it would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Setup up my M1530 with this guide (2.4 8400): http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=561

Used built in update for 10.6.2, generic DSDT, vodooHDA,PS2, OSXrestart and all is functioning. Sleep, reboot, sound, trackpad. The only thing I cannot get running is the fingerprint reader. I used the latest UPEK beta, but it is reporting that my fingerprints are already stored and I cannot get past the setup wizard. Shutdown does not work, but it never has worked before. Make sure you delete IOTAfamily.kext before updating to 10.6.2 or you will get a KP. If you do boot using -s and enter mount -rw, CD System/Library/Extensions, and finally RM -RF IOATAFamily.kext and then reboot.

10.6.2 is extremely stable, I have had only one KP on boot up and I have not crashed once while running SL. I have loaded VMware and I am running windows 7 successfully under SL. Make sure you enable virtualization (sp?) in the bios for increased performance.

Setup up my M1530 with this guide (2.4 8400): http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=561

Used built in update for 10.6.2, generic DSDT, vodooHDA,PS2, OSXrestart and all is functioning. Sleep, reboot, sound, trackpad. The only thing I cannot get running is the fingerprint reader. I used the latest UPEK beta, but it is reporting that my fingerprints are already stored and I cannot get past the setup wizard. Shutdown does not work, but it never has worked before. Make sure you delete IOTAfamily.kext before updating to 10.6.2 or you will get a KP. If you do boot using -s and enter mount -rw, CD System/Library/Extensions, and finally RM -RF IOATAFamily.kext and then reboot.

10.6.2 is extremely stable, I have had only one KP on boot up and I have not crashed once while running SL. I have loaded VMware and I am running windows 7 successfully under SL. Make sure you enable virtualization (sp?) in the bios for increased performance.

As the finger prints are stored in the reader it self. try deleting the stored finger prints from Windows. once deleted try from SL again

Not posted much on here but got a lot of help so i thought id at least post my setup and what works ;)

I have a Dell Vostro 1700 laptop - Core 2 Duo, dual HDD -NVidia 8400m Graphics. I originally ran the IPC 10.5.6 Vanilla, which when installing with bare minimum kexts it went straight on without any issues. I used NVDarwin for the graphics (post install)

Wired network worked from the 440 network kext via the IPC install disk. Sound on the other hand needed some hunting around but soon got it to work ok but wasnt bothered as i use an external soundcard (for Logic 9), it was nice though to get the internal sound working i will post up full install kexts when i sus them out from the mad collection i have and when i can understand what is actually installed and running...lol

The Internal wireless card didnt work but i purchased a better 1505 dell wireless which worked straight out of the box - Airport is now fully working and more stable than the wired Lan! (I would still like to sort this sometime?)

Bluetooth works from a dongle so i have purchased the internal one...still waiting for it.

Since im running Vanilla, i have successfully upgraded to 10.5.7, and just to 10.5.8 without any issues

I still dont have Shutdown (because of NVDarwin), no working battery meter...help! and couldnt get the card reader to work..as when i installed the kext the laptop crashed. also tried the trackpad scrolling but that buggered up my laptop keyboard.

I would also like to plug in an external monitor if possible as when i do the laptop monitor stays blank??!

Not Tried Firewire as yet...will do soon

ALL USB's work, 5 in total, and at USB2 speed. Internal Cam works too :rolleyes:

DVD drive works and burns (Toast 9)

Plugged in Apple keyboards and Mice which work (USB) and had a working Bluetooth Apple Mouse and keyboard which also works (Via Bluetooth Dongle)

PC Card - Not tried it

This laptop stands up to an apple Macbook and works brilliantly...stuff XP, Vista or windows 7 but i do have XP on it and rarely runs...lol - Good onld Dell-in-Tosh!

If anyone can help with the other issues that would be great! :)

Hello, hope someone can help me.

Iam trying to install Snow leopard on my dell m1330 but I have some trouble with it.

I don't have much experience with apple, but have tried installing ideneb on my desktop without problems.

I have tried using superhai proboot iso'er (all five of them) but I get an error.

I boot with one of superhai's iso's and swithes to a snow leopard dvd then this happens.

Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Just tried with iAtkos v7 and had the same problem

EDIT2: Tried with ideneb and with Snow leopard (without the proboot) and here I get an error very fast saying " IOAPIC Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23"

post-582998-1267642632_thumb.jpg

My setup is:

1 XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T5750 2.00GHZ, 667, 2

1 13.3" WXGA (1280X800) WHITE-LED DISPLAY

1 BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT READER

1 TUXEDO BLACK & 0.3 MEGA PIXEL CAMERA FOR

1 DANISH SHIP ACCESSORIES - POWER CORD

1 DANISH DOCUMENTATION XPS M1330

1 RESOURCE DVD XPS M1330 - (DIAGNOSTICS &

1 4 GB (2 X 2048 MB) DUAL CHANNEL DDR2 SDR

1 HARD DRIVE 250GB SERIAL ATA (5400RPM)

1 8XDVD+/-RW SLIM SLOT-LOAD DRIVE, INCLUDI

1 PRIMARY 9-CELL 85WHR LI-ION BATTERY

1 NO CARRYCASE REQUIRED

1 128 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M GS

1 MODEM NOT INCLUDED

1 INTEL? NEXT-GEN WIRELESS-N MINI-PCI CARD

1 EUROPEAN - DELL TRUEMOBILE 355 INTERNAL

Iam trying to install Snow leopard on my dell m1330 but I have some trouble with it.

Make sure you use Superhai's latest boot CD with a purchased retail Snow Leopard disk (not the disk shipped with a Mac). If you are still having problems try to disconnect all devices from your computer. This method is known to work well with the M1330. Distros are a waste of time.

Immo

I don't have much experience with apple, but have tried installing ideneb on my desktop without problems.

I have the same problem rightnow but after a couple of minutes i realized that you have to turn off the Intel Speedstep and the WiFi Catcher, and then OS Intallation boots normally.

I have tried using superhai proboot iso'er (all five of them) but I get an error.

I boot with one of superhai's iso's and swithes to a snow leopard dvd then this happens.

Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Just tried with iAtkos v7 and had the same problem

EDIT2: Tried with ideneb and with Snow leopard (without the proboot) and here I get an error very fast saying " IOAPIC Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23"

Try using the retail DVD. Not the ones that come with macs, but the retail. You are using something with a Voodoo Kernel. Also completely erase your HFS(Mac) partition before you do anything. And set your bios to default. At the most change AHCI to ATA in the SATA operation mode. But that should not be necessary.

First let me say I´m not that experienced with Mac OS install. Nevertheless I managed to install a W7 SL dualboot system on my Dell 10v. But with my xps m1330 I don´t get the SL installation started.

I used superhai´s v5 preboot CD but already during booting from the cd I get the message:

EBIOS read Error : Error 0x01

Block 05660x0 sectors 0

After that the chamelon bootscreen is displayed showing  DellSnowCD, but when I want to start the only Icon I only get the message can´t find mach_kernel

Changing the preboot cd with the SL-DVD, the Apple DVD is shown but I can´t run it.

I suppose I forgot something important to do, but I don´t know what. The hdd is gpt formatted and the preboot iso was burned without modifications. I already disabled speedstep and the wifi catcher.

Do you have any idea what I can try to get SL running???

hi,

i have a dell inspiron 1318

i would like to install SL 10.6 on my laptop.

so witch SL retail i sould buy ?

i think about this one : http://store.apple.com/us/product/MAC_OS_X_SNGL

is it the SL dvd RETAIL ?

That is a retail SL DVD! Although the license says you're only allowed to buy it if you own Leopard already. That's why the price is so low. If you don't own Leopard you are supposed to buy this one:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC209Z/A...mco=MTA4MjgwNzU

which also includes iLife and iWork, but it's the same OS-X DVD.

Immo

First let me say I´m not that experienced with Mac OS install. Nevertheless I managed to install a W7 SL dualboot system on my Dell 10v. But with my xps m1330 I don´t get the SL installation started.

I used superhai´s v5 preboot CD but already during booting from the cd I get the message:

EBIOS read Error : Error 0x01

Block 05660x0 sectors 0

After that the chamelon bootscreen is displayed showing  DellSnowCD, but when I want to start the only Icon I only get the message can´t find mach_kernel

Changing the preboot cd with the SL-DVD, the Apple DVD is shown but I can´t run it.

I suppose I forgot something important to do, but I don´t know what. The hdd is gpt formatted and the preboot iso was burned without modifications. I already disabled speedstep and the wifi catcher.

Do you have any idea what I can try to get SL running???

Hehehe, that one got me stumped too, and I hit myself in the head when I found the solution.

After you see the Chameleon boot screen, swap the disk with the retail Snow Leopard one, wait a little to let it spin up, and press F5 to refresh. It will find the retail boot CD, and then select it to install.

The EBIOS boot error occurs when you don't wait for the boot CD to spin up before trying to boot from it. Just wait a little longer.

Immo

Try making the CD first in the boot order in the BIOS.

Helped my installation process.

after updating to 10.6.3 my sleep deosnt work leaving the computer unbootable and without keyboard

is there a fix for this ?

if i boot it from the external backup hdd it works after that

im using m1530 with generic m1530 dsdt ( no cpu related added to it yet )

update:

after replacing the dsdt with another one it works just fine

this is dsdt related

Hi there!!

I have a dell m1530 with Snow Leopard in 64 bit, but the video HMDI out is just not working; I have used the DSDT for this laptop (have the 8600m video card);

I have also used the NVinject_M1530_mirroring.kext from talisman and also tried EFI strings, but nothing seems to work.

The VGA video out works just fine, but as soon I connect the HDMI cable, the lap frezzes.

I also tried running snow leopard in 32 bit, but no luck

Any of you have the HDMI video out working in snow leopard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I've finally gotten Display Mirroring working on the M1530, the NVInject.kext is attached uses Talisman's NVCAP value and my mirroring string. To get it working on the 1330, try just changing the NVCAP value, and if that doesn't work post back and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Disclaimer: This cuts 3D performance by roughly half (it's closer to 40-45%) when Mirroring is enabled, but when disabled it reverts back to full speed. My guess is that it's cut in half because it renders the image out twice rather than pulling from the buffer or something similar, but for giving a presentation or demoing anything non 3D intensive it should work great.

Edit #3: Kexts now attached here and about 3 or 4 posts downward with an explanation of how I got it working.

Thanks to Urthwhyte kext!

I finally got working my 8600m GT with VGA out for my TV with QE, I have a question:

Can I use only my TV as monitor and turn off mu laptop display all the way from booting up, I just want to use only the external lcd?