Help installing Leopard

Shaf

5 posts in this topic

Hi, Im new to all this os x installation and i have been reading a good guide for installation but i need help and i have been recommended to this side for help. i have the lepoard dvd and once the darwin screen appears and i press ender it will load up the apple logo with a circle logo and will stay then for more then a hour, then if restart the laptop and at the darwin screen i type -v then enter i get a black screen with this info on it:

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

Darwin Kernal Version 9.0.0: Tue oct 9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; root :xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386

standardtimeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_pagebootstrap: 122890 free pages and 8182 wired pages

mig_table_max_displ = 79

Local APIC discovered and enabled

Extension “com.apple.driver.AppleACIPPlatform” has immediatedependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi Components: use only one style.

ACPI CA 20060421

dsmos: Initializing…

dsmos: Hook and decryption context set!

demos: Starting…

Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Seatbelt MACF policy initialized

Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The regents of the University of california. All rights reserved.

mac framework sucessfully initialized

using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 clusters 10 buffer headers

extension “com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC PlatformPlugin” hasimmediate dependencies on both com.appke.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: ues only one style.

after that nothin happens the screen stays like that.

i would really appreciate all the help i can get from every1 and thanxin advance

:angel:

I have exactly the same problem. I tried different versions of OSx86 but none seems to work. The JaS version just caused an endless reboot, but the iATKOS version doesn't work either.

When booting I use the cpus=1 option because otherwise the installer asks me to reboot immediately. Anyway, when I use only one cpu, I get the apple logo and it stays there for at least 40 minutes (I rebooted then, tired of waiting). When using -v (verbose) I see it's hanging at this line:

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

This is my hardware BTW:

MSI P35 Platinum

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (not overclocked while installing)

4x 1GB Corsair TKMS2 DDR800

Nvidia 7900GT

I don't know what other options are left for me... . Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this problem occurred after having a microsoft keyboard, installing the intellipoint software, removing the intellipoint software, and getting a genuine apple keyboard. to bypass the problem, you can unplug the usb keyboard from it, as for a real solution, still looking

• 2 years later...