 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

I've installed leopard using thus Guide

but it doesn't work except with -x

this is the system.log

Sep 23 04:14:19 lins-7755jm1 kernel[0]: ATHR: unknown locale: 00

Sep 23 04:14:19 lins-7755jm1 kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en0

Sep 23 04:14:19 lins-7755jm1 loginwindow[23]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Sep 23 04:14:20 lins-7755jm1 fseventsd[27]: log dir: /Volumes/WINDOWS/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 957EE1D3-E50F-458F-999F-B87EF4706973

Sep 23 04:14:20 lins-7755jm1 com.apple.ATSServer[62]: FODBCheck: New annex file created

Sep 23 04:14:20 lins-7755jm1 mDNSResponder[22]: WARNING: sandbox_init error Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.configd er

Sep 23 04:14:20 lins-7755jm1 fseventsd[27]: log dir: /Volumes/SOFTWARE/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 733AC05A-ED30-4822-AA52-4AF426E89025

Sep 23 04:14:21 lins-7755jm1 fseventsd[27]: log dir: /Volumes/DOWNLOAD/.fseventsd getting new uuid: E4CB3A8D-340E-438D-97D5-1D866A02299A

Sep 23 04:14:29 lins-7755jm1 kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

Sep 23 04:24:36 lins-7755jm1 kernel[0]: .Display_boot::powerStateWillChangeTo(0x3248c00, IONDRVFramebuffer, 2 -> 1) timed out after 45147 ms

please help me

Thank you very much.

My notebook R61

CPU: Intel T8100

RAM: 1.0GB Speed: 677 MHz

Disk: 160GB SATA2 Partition Map Type:GPT

Display: nVidia NVS 140M

Audio: ADI 1984

WIFI Athores 5418 fru

HEY XGHost! Try AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext worked for me in that sae situation. Youll find those kexts somewhere around the forum :D

If someone is having trouble with Sleep (i do in real life) Restart & Shut Down you might wan´t to check different BIOS versions for you motherboard.

I Tested the Bios versions for my board since i screwed up my first installation because of upgrading BIOS after i had just made it work.

Found out that my P5B-E has certain bioses which work with certain setting to make Sleep, Restart & Shutdown work. Of course with certain kexts installed. Took some 40 hours to check those.

Currently i have my 10.5.5 working with P5B-E Bios version 12.02.

sleep works everytime. in.-out

restart work allmost everytime.

Shutdown sometimes hangs up.

Still have problem with USB pendrive no being recognzed when hotplugged but usb and Firewire Harddrives work fine.

I've installed leopard using thus Guide

but it doesn't work except with -x

this is the system.log

please help me

Thank you very much.

My notebook R61

CPU: Intel T8100

RAM: 1.0GB Speed: 677 MHz

Disk: 160GB SATA2 Partition Map Type:GPT

Display: nVidia NVS 140M

Audio: ADI 1984

WIFI Athores 5418 fru

May be Video Driver issue , Its not supplied with Post patch, Everyone need to add that for there specific video card. EFIStudio has String for most common cards

Karaakeha1,

No longer will you need a modded ACPIPlatform.kext. You can now use OpenHaltRestart which which fixes both restart and shutdown issues.

http://www.psystar.com/openhaltrestart.html

Also, you won't need the Chud.pkg + Poweroff fix for this as well.

Enjoy,

-Stell

Working tested, :angel:

OpenHaltRestart.kext.zip

Hi all!

Although updating from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 worked I get the following error:

23.09.08 10:16:03 kernel ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

AND, MORE CONCERNING(?):

23.09.08 10:16:03 mDNSResponder[16] WARNING: sandbox_init error Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.configd er

another poster had the same problem, but was kindly ask to add his specs to his signatur. so i did that, hope you guys can help me out...

Hi all!

Although updating from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 worked I get the following error:

23.09.08 10:16:03 kernel ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

AND, MORE CONCERNING(?):

23.09.08 10:16:03 mDNSResponder[16] WARNING: sandbox_init error Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.configd er

another poster had the same problem, but was kindly ask to add his specs to his signatur. so i did that, hope you guys can help me out...

I got the same error on normal boot

only work with -x command.

Have not yet install video, sound and LAN

no using RAID configuration

PLEASE HELP US

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

this is my specs

GA-P35-DS4 Bios F13

C2D E6750

2 GB MEM

Nvidia XFX 7600 GT

1 120 GB SEAGATE Kalyway 10.5.2 and Mysticus C Update 10.5.5 from "http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102" (sound, video full CI, QE & QGL, LAN, shutdown & restart)

1 300 GB SEAGATE (RETAL DVD NOT WORKING)

HI!

I have leopard server 10.5.4 and runs perfectly. (EFI V8) et vanilla

I have done the last update (10.5.4) with software update is the apple menu.

So, this time, I have done the same thing, and I clic on restart, that write files and when is write writing files 100%, the system stop with the grey screnn and say me to rebbot the computer, the traditionnal message.

Have you a issue for this problem?

If I downlaod the combo package, I won't have the problem.

Regards

Guys have any motherboard recommendations?

ASUS P5K-PRO - 100% Work with Vanilla LEO Kernel

LAN - Work

Audio - All channals Work

FireWare - Work

All USB and SATA channels - Work

Sleep, Restart, Shutdown - 100% Work with <OpenHaltRestart.kext>

All motherboards FANs - to silent mode

Pretty fast and silent MAC (HACK)!

I got the same error on normal boot

only work with -x command.

actually the funny thing is, everything is working fine here, despite the error.

ive read in apple support forums that this is a problem also mac (real Mac :-) users experience.

it is said to have to do with bonjour failing, everything else is working except network drives and sharing.

havent tried that yet, though...

any more clues?

btw, why does everyone have f13 bios on their gigabyte ep35-ds4. ive got f5! did i install the wrong bios eventually?

Hello, i had 10.5.2 fully work, but after i've update my leopard i have no more keyboard and mouse on my notebook, i hv to use USB to work.

does anyone here knows if i use this:

Latest_Kext_package.zip

updated_kexts_for_10.5.5.zip

will i have my keyboard and mouse back ? when i update used the netkas method

My notebook HP Pavillion 6500

Regards,

May be Video Driver issue , Its not supplied with Post patch, Everyone need to add that for there specific video card. EFIStudio has String for most common cards

Ok I finally got it working now. (my video has no driver,so i delete all nv drivers)

Thanks for the guide and provided help!

i don't know whether this is a kernel problem or not, but after I installed the pre-update + 10.5.5 update + post-update as instructed, the system would reset itself before even getting to the white apple screen at boot up.

also, is there any way to make a ati x1550 work in any resolution other than 1024 x 768 in mac os x? i've tried kexts from others, but every one had no effect, and even got rid of the "Extreme Quartz" support

hello.

where can i see the version numbers of the *.kexts files? And is it possible to change the version number manually!

chameleon tries to boot the extra/extension folder, but i seems that a lot of kexts will not be loaded, because of the version numbers! i want to leave the /s/l/e folder untouched!

thank you

relaxxer

hello.

where can i see the version numbers of the *.kexts files? And is it possible to change the version number manually!

chameleon tries to boot the extra/extension folder, but i seems that a lot of kexts will not be loaded, because of the version numbers! i want to leave the /s/l/e folder untouched!

thank you

relaxxer

Try to read this Topic Already answered

Hi, just followed the usual update and everything works well except my wifi.

Now it says "no airport installed"

Then I opened the info.plist of both IO80211 kext (pre and after..) and noticed it's a different the version inside , now it shows 2.1.2 instead of the old 1.5

Do u think I need to replace the info.pist only or I replace the whole kext ?

Thanks.

Hi, just followed the usual update and everything works well except my wifi.

Now it says "no airport installed"

Then I opened the info.plist of both IO80211 kext (pre and after..) and noticed it's a different the version inside , now it shows 2.1.2 instead of the old 1.5

Do u think I need to replace the info.pist only or I replace the whole kext ?

Thanks.

Try first info.plist first

But mine working with Vanilla

ASUS P5K-PRO - 100% Work with Vanilla LEO Kernel

LAN - Work

Audio - All channals Work

FireWare - Work

All USB and SATA channels - Work

Sleep, Restart, Shutdown - 100% Work with <OpenHaltRestart.kext>

All motherboards FANs - to silent mode

Pretty fast and silent MAC (HACK)!

Audio: All channels?

Stereo or 5.1 channels?

I have the same mobo but without WiFi. Full working with Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9300 and audio only stereo. (ALC883).

To karaakeha1:

Under what license do you release the contents of your initial post? (Text, pictures, downloads). If you prefer a restrictive license or simply prefer not to specify a license, would you be able to give me permission to use the images and text in a tutorial that I am creating?

I am basically just attempting to organize the information and make it easier for someone with less experience in this field to accomplish this. Without a doubt, full credit for the original information will be given to you and a link to this thread will be included.

If the above is all right with you, I would also like to host the completed document on my blog where I would also like to host the necessary downloads for completing the tutorial. However, if redistribution of the downloads is too much to ask, then I would just be very happy with permission to use the text and images.

I would like to release the document I am creating under a Creative Commons Attribution License though I certainly can not do this if that is not okay with you since you are the original creator of the text and images.

If you would like I can e-mail you the document once it is finished (Later today) to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Thank you very much,

Kienja Kenobi

Hi Karaakeha1 -- Thank you for all of your work and knowledge. I have a hackintosh which was running well o 10.5.5 as below, but I wanted to try your guide. I followed all the Simple steps, using your kext set plus OpenHaltRestart and HDAEnabler, and restarted my system to boot into the new install. My HD setup is:

> disk 1: 3 partitions -- Macintosh, Utility, Other

> disk 2: 2 partitions -- Data and OS Backup.

My working system is in Macintosh. I did your guide install to Utility. When I restarted from Mcintosh, as it was closing down it said it was updating the boot cache. I used F8 to bring up my boot choice, but it never got there. It showed "Verifying DMI Pool data ..." and then a blue block appeared at the end of that line. A reset restart gave the same result. A power off/on restart gave a flashing hyphen cursor after the verifying mesage. I tried rebooting from the DVD (having set DVD boot in BIOS) gave a message: Boot from CD/DVD but nothing -- no DVD spin, no disk lights.

***** Edit: Actually, the disk lights flash a few times, so does the DVD if I try to boot from it, but it doesn't spin up.

I'm at a complete loss -- surely some disastrous hardware failure can't have happened just at this time. I even tried setting BIOS to fail-safe defaults, got the message "Update success" at the end of the "Verifying DMI ...." line, then 6 small rectangular blocks on the screen -- a blue, a red, the rest white.

Any suggestions on how to get something working please??????????