 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

im trying to do a clean install on the q6600 box in my sig. i am currently freezing on boot

heres what i did:

FROM MBP:

format drive guid 1 partitition

install leopard from retail dvd 10.5.0 (OSInstal.mpkg)

install 10.5.5 combo update

install chameleon from pkg installer

run post patch, left of hda as i have alc888 not alc889

FROM q6600:

put drive in and boot -v

shows mdns errors, restart into single user mode, ran chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*, chwon -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions, rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

now it hangs after loading ocspd with no errors on the screen

i am able to boot into safe mode using -f -x -v

any thoughts?

What about your Video Drivers

Thanks MacUser2525!

Also need some clarification so that i don´t screw my Macbookpro up.

Im installing 10.5.5 from a MacBookPro to an External USB-drive to be used to make my PC osxmachine.

"Here is updated Simple Guide

Leopard Retail Install with EFI v8 or Chameleon EFI

For any Retail Leopard install First requirement is working Leopard

Partition Destination Drive with Disk utility Select GUID partition

how to install EFI

To install Chameleon EFI -its very simple because now it has installer . just run and select the right drive

For EFI v8

Put the two files EFI.sh & folder pc_efi_v80 on desktop.open EFI.sh here put your user name (same as your working leopard and make sure you put Right drive and partition number where you want to install) Make sure you ejected the drive on which you are installing leopard . Open terminal "

The EFI.sh reads like this:

#!/bin/sh

IFS=$'\n' # important!

PATCH="/Users/username/Desktop/pc_efi_v80" # path to EFI v 7.2 <- put my current username

EFI="/dev/rdiskXsY" # the drive for EFI

DRIVE="/dev/diskX" # drive where EFI is

EFI="/dev/rdiskXsY" <--- Is this the destination drive for efi on my USB extrenal drive where im installing the os?

DRIVE="/dev/diskX"

Is this the Destination DISK for the installation(USB external DRIVE) or the disk of my MacBook pro where the pc_EFI_v80 folder is on desktop?

Hi all! :thumbsup_anim:

I don't know where to put this, but I got the updated kexts for 10.5.5 from here so I got a question.

I installed by the boot 132 method and installed Chameleon. Afterwards I installed 10.5.5 and continued to install the updated kexts.

I got an ATI 3870 and the screen just shows black and some weird patterns. So I took the drivers from a previously working JAS 10.5.4 Version.

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- Natit.kext

The good news! I can get the full resolution of my display, but without QE and Core Image is only in Software mode. I guess it was because of a safe boot.

By using a normal boot I just get a mouse cursor which I can move around and a blue screen. It seems the system could boot and log into my account.

I guess there is a problem with QE and Core Image, then?

What could I try to fix this? :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi all! :)

I don't know where to put this, but I got the updated kexts for 10.5.5 from here so I got a question.

I installed by the boot 132 method and installed Chameleon. Afterwards I installed 10.5.5 and continued to install the updated kexts.

I got an ATI 3870 and the screen just shows black and some weird patterns. So I took the drivers from a previously working JAS 10.5.4 Version.

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- Natit.kext

The good news! I can get the full resolution of my display, but without QE and Core Image is only in Software mode. I guess it was because of a safe boot.

By using a normal boot I just get a mouse cursor which I can move around and a blue screen. It seems the system could boot and log into my account.

I guess there is a problem with QE and Core Image, then?

What could I try to fix this? :)

Its Driver issue ,I am not sure if this is supported on OSx86 Yet

Got it to the grey apple screen with the rolling "stickwheel". Just wondering how long its suppouse to take the first time?

Got tired of waiting the first time.

then disabled the onboard audio and gigabit ethernet from bios and now the greys screen has a no audio type of icoon on the grey apple.

hmm.

Doesn´t seem to go on from that. Hang up maybe? Maybe the ps/2 or usb keyborad issue?

How am I supposed to have running Leopard after I hook my hdds up using RAID?

I'm using two 320GB hdds (actual size 300GB) and I hook them up into two raid volume- 100GB leopard and 500GB Data

and I want to use the 100GB one as my boot volume but I can't install chameleon EFI after installation since I can't boot this (because it is RAID, not recognised by bootloader)

How do I make this through?

alright, I think I have done everything mentioned above

and I'm having problem facing this:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

o_o;; I did fdisks, dds, diskutils and cps, and modifying com.apple.boot.plist but that's the end of my journey!

well if I did something not mentioned in this article it would be installaing chameleon directly from installer to the raid volume

"4.Make sure you Install Chameleon EFI after Step 3(after addding UUID to com.apple.boot.plist) other wise Raid won't boot.

-Extract all the files to user root folder from Cameleon Files folder.

Open terminal type here in example I used three Disks Disk0 , Disk1 , Disk2(Mac OS X creates a small helper partition at the end of each RAID member disk Called Boot OSX) ,"

This part I felt a bit unclear, I wasn't certain that I needed to install chameleon installer and follow the instruction or just following instruction is installing the chameleon.

Before I install chameleon installer directly, it said after boot0: done "/com.apple.boot.S/library/preferences/systemconfiguratoin/com.apple.boot.plist not found" even if there is the file

(think raid is not recognised.. that's the message I'd seen when booting hacked leopard install dvds from IDE dvd drive)

Well.. I need your help guys.. I'm stuck to it about a week and I think I need to start working now.. :'(

Ah one more strange thing. In disk utility, it says "Owners Enabled: No" of the raid volume. Is it wrong?

YES!

I MADE IT!

THIS Is Great!!! Huge props to everyone who has been figuring this out aswell! And if you haven´t got things working yet have patience!!!

72 hours with 9 hours of sleep. hahahah thats what this is.

Check my Signature below . Ill edit this post after getting some sleep - add detail on the way i got this to work (kext, patches, terminal command line etc.)

THANK YOU KARAAKEHA1!!! Excellent Guide!

OK, now I have a working installation with Kalyway updated to 10.5.3 and Chameleon efi.

I want to build a RAID 0 array.

I follow the steps in this post:

1) start with the install DVD and launch the disk utility

2)Create an image of my Leiopard working partition

3) Build the software raid 0 array (destroys everithing on the drives)

4)Open terminal and apply post pach sh

AND THEN? how am i supposed to install chamaleon efi and change the com apple boot lione with the radi identifier if iìm not abble to reboot??

Hey guys, I started messing around with this install last night. I am stuck at the Spinning Apple. I can't seem to figure out how to boot up in Verbose mode with this install method. In a Kally installer you are given a few seconds to chose your boot drive as well as enter any kind of bootup commands. With this install method my machine goes right to the spinning apple. On a real mac you can press apple V for Verbose mode but I could not get that to work. I am sure this is super simple. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I started messing around with this install last night. I am stuck at the Spinning Apple. I can't seem to figure out how to boot up in Verbose mode with this install method. In a Kally installer you are given a few seconds to chose your boot drive as well as enter any kind of bootup commands. With this install method my machine goes right to the spinning apple. On a real mac you can press apple V for Verbose mode but I could not get that to work. I am sure this is super simple. Thanks in advance.

I figured it out. Just hit F8 a ton right after the BIOS loads and you will be presented with the Darwin bootloader.

Karaakeha1 - thanks for your help but I think maybe I will not be able to get this working correctly until I find drivers for my ATi Radeon X1950 Pro (7280). When I complete install I cannot boot into 10.5.5 unless I use safe mode - I tried installing Bronya's Ati 1950 Pro drivers for 10.5.3 but they make the installation freeze!

I am guessing I will need a new driver for 10.5.5

Ahh I see Bronya has released a new driver for 10.5.5 - I will try again this weekend if I get time!

Thanks for the great guide!

Quick question...followed the directions (not setting up RAID). When the installation starts, my entire system freezes when the install starts running BD Script. Happens every time at that exact moment.

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45 DS3R

Intel Core 2 Quad processor

Any ideas why?

Ahh I see Bronya has released a new driver for 10.5.5 - I will try again this weekend if I get time!

I have just installed using this guide, files and Bronya's 10.5.5 Driver for my ATi X1950 Pro.

:( Thank you karaakeha1 very much for this guide - it has been my easiest ever install of OSX86.

I would suggest a couple of items to include in the guide for those installing 10.5.5 - I had to figure them out by looking at the paths in the Post Patch script.

These might be obvious to some but they weren't to me so they may help.

When running the post patch install it in the root of your current user directory on the Leopard installation you are using to install from

Install all the necessary kexts in a folder in your current user directory called kexts - that's where the script looks for them!

karaakeha1 - I believe that info is correct if not please advise

For anyone using an Ati X1950 Card - Bronya's updated drivers are at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=58988

Ok I got it to work so far. Vanilla Install 10.5.5.

Theres only one problem left. When I boot up the computer and load into the new install. This introduction video appears but after that when I usually started off typing in my Information (this first time system start thing) it comes: Please plug in your Keyboard first. I'm on an Acer 5220 Laptop. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Ok I got it to work so far. Vanilla Install 10.5.5.

Theres only one problem left. When I boot up the computer and load into the new install. This introduction video appears but after that when I usually started off typing in my Information (this first time system start thing) it comes: Please plug in your Keyboard first. I'm on an Acer 5220 Laptop. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Try with external USB Keyboard. This is probably hardware related issue. Look somewhere else in the form