 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

@Karaakeha1; just a simple HD question :D .I've got 2x Samsung's SP1614C 160gb that I would upgrade to 2x WD WD6400AAKS 640gb and do some raid following your :angel: guide. The thing is that I'm hesitating to take these WD's while I think my SP1614C are still fast vs those WD. What do you think?

WD 640 AAKS is faster

karaakeha1 thank you for this great guide.

Im currently lost about what to install from your files if my 10.5.4 is recognizing my harddrives as "removeable", since you have more then 1 file for "fixing harddrive". They also seem to be very very slow, when transferring files between them.

My system 10.5.4 Leopard:

Gigabyte P35 DS4 & E8400

8800 GT w/512mb (which is best ? NVinject or NVkush or your 8800GT ?)

Asus WL-138G V2 (seems to work natively in Mac OS X)

I really want to finish a good build, so I can reinstall all my apps again (thats a full day project ;-). I use my machine mainly for Lightroom 2 (64bit mode) & Photoshop CS3 with 8GB Ram, so if you have any performance tips, please let me know. Im running my Bios as you have advised in your screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

Also I here have a screenshot, so you can see what it says outside my S-ATA on SYSTEM INFO.

2759707596_b75e2cf52c_o.png

karaakeha1 thank you for this great guide.

Im currently lost about what to install from your files if my 10.5.4 is recognizing my harddrives as "removeable", since you have more then 1 file for "fixing harddrive". They also seem to be very very slow, when transferring files between them.

My system 10.5.4 Leopard:

Gigabyte P35 DS4 & E8400

8800 GT w/512mb (which is best ? NVinject or NVkush or your 8800GT ?)

Asus WL-138G V2 (seems to work natively in Mac OS X)

I really want to finish a good build, so I can reinstall all my apps again (thats a full day project ;-). I use my machine mainly for Lightroom 2 (64bit mode) & Photoshop CS3 with 8GB Ram, so if you have any performance tips, please let me know. Im running my Bios as you have advised in your screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

Also I here have a screenshot, so you can see what it says outside my S-ATA on SYSTEM INFO.

2759707596_b75e2cf52c_o.png

Use Latest Kext package on first post. After Successful install Drive would show as internal

Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry for being so dumb about this, but I have to follow up.

I downloaded:

Latest Harddrive Fix Kext

Latest Package Kext

Do you mean the harddrive fix or the package ktext ?

Also there is several kext in each folder, should I install them all or just one or 2 ? I see some greens, yellow and purple in the package. And I see some Green, Yellow and Blue in Latest Harddrive Fix Kext. I tried last night to install them all, and then I had to reinstall the whole system again, so maybe its because I only need to install 1 or 2, that im missing ?

Do ask if you need more information and I will quickly reply.

Thanks again!

Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry for being so dumb about this, but I have to follow up.

I downloaded:

Latest Harddrive Fix Kext

Latest Package Kext

Do you mean the harddrive fix or the package ktext ?

Also there is several kext in each folder, should I install them all or just one or 2 ? I see some greens, yellow and purple in the package. And I see some Green, Yellow and Blue in Latest Harddrive Fix Kext. I tried last night to install them all, and then I had to reinstall the whole system again, so maybe its because I only need to install 1 or 2, that im missing ?

Do ask if you need more information and I will quickly reply.

Thanks again!

kext package

you can install all as you have same mother board

Also Add your sign before you ask any question

Hello

I've managed to install on a stripped RAID set by 2 x 80Go SATA II Maxtor...

After unmounting Raid set for running the commands 'dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY'

I can't mount the 2 Raid members partition so I can't add 'boot' file to both Boot OSX.

The command 'cp boot /Volumes/Boot\OSX' has worked but for witch drive I don't know.

At boot It stops after 4 lines (Boot0:xxxx) the last line say Boot0:done.

And if I insert my iDeneb DVD before boot and let it go; it boot coorectly after Darwin bootlaoder(of the CD)

Is it possible to make it work?

And please, what did I do wrong?

bye

edit: too late for me. Max OSX bug within partitionning my WD 250Go SATA II and I can't install a system on

I succed make him alive again but only for data support. I reinstalled on a single Maxtor 80Go SATA II in AHCI mode and the story ends for me. I'm considéring to buy the future Veliciraptor in 150Go or a SSD

Maybe will buy a Mac if I had money someday but I don't know if I will trust it on my PC for any longer.

Since I've not enough knowledge, Ubuntu is better for me or fu**ing Windows

Thanks karaakeha1 for the new AppleHDA.kext.

I'm using the kext on a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R. It's not quite right but better than no sound at all. Problem with this kext is that there is a static pop before engaging a sound event. It will pop like the sound device is being turned on and the event will play. As long as I keep the sound playing all is well. But after a minute or 2 if nothing is going to the 889a and then a sound event happens it repeats the static pop like it's switching on the device.

Regards

Dear kaarakeha 1:

Congratulations for your great job.

I´m not an advanced user, however I really want to install Leopard in a Raid.

Can you tell me what means the line 2. Apply post patch as usual RAID Drive, of your guide?

Can I install Chameleon from his own installer, instead extracting the files as you said.

Thanks a lot

Sorry if my questions are stupid and my poor english.

I tried the method to install the retail DVD on an extra drive but no luck...

Getting an error after this step:

Install Leopard

same for both Chameleon EFI & EFI v8

Mount the Leopard retail DVD or its Image. I prefer image as instillation is very fast 5-6 mins

In terminal Copy Paste

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

open osinstall.mpkg

Error = You cannot install this on your computer

My setup:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz

4gb ram 667mhz

GF8400

1x 80gb SATA on port SATA0

1x 160gb SATA on port SATA2

1x DVD-Writer on port SATA1

Installed Kalyway on 80gb SATA0, works.

Installed Chameleon on 160gb SATA2 and tried to open the installer in Terminal with above mentioned error.

Anyone that can help me out?

Dear kaarakeha 1:

Congratulations for your great job.

I´m not an advanced user, however I really want to install Leopard in a Raid.

Can you tell me what means the line 2. Apply post patch as usual RAID Drive, of your guide?

Can I install Chameleon from his own installer, instead extracting the files as you said.

Thanks a lot

Sorry if my questions are stupid and my poor english.

for RAID only Manual chameleon Install , No installer

Error = You cannot install this on your computer

My setup:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz

4gb ram 667mhz

GF8400

1x 80gb SATA on port SATA0

1x 160gb SATA on port SATA2

1x DVD-Writer on port SATA1

Installed Kalyway on 80gb SATA0, works.

Installed Chameleon on 160gb SATA2 and tried to open the installer in Terminal with above mentioned error.

Anyone that can help me out?

Yes but what motherboard? Did you check on http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page to see if your hardware is compatible?

karaakeha1,

Not sure if you are interested in speedstepping.

mercurysquad came up with a speedstep kext that works well with our system. Speedstep and sleep both work with vanilla kernel using this kext. Check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119370

You will find my posts and results here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=854871

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=858447

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=858620

Cheers...

Hello!

Im new on this forum and also i dont know werry well englis.

Pleas help me!

I installed Kalyway, updates etc. and finally i heawe Leo 10.5.4.

I installed als an utiliti ONYX. It was an mistake because now i can't restart or shutdown my computer from MAC OS comand.

The only solution is to press POWER BUTON.

This is no a big deal but i can't mack anny updates that require RESTART!

If i was clear enough can someone help meto remediate this PROBLEM?!?!?!?!

THX ALOT!

I instaled the bug fixer and i restarted the comp from POWER BUTON (from Shut down won't work) and... NOTHING!!!

So... widout reinstal Kalyway there is another opinion (solution)?

And... by the way... i can't fix DS_Store.

I typed in Console the comand line for fixing and nothing (comp restarted of cours).

I instaled the bug fixer and i restarted the comp from POWER BUTON (from Shut down won't work) and... NOTHING!!!

So... widout reinstal Kalyway there is another opinion (solution)?

Gigicomputer your question has nothing at all to do with the subject of this topic which is about installation from a Retail Apple Leopard DVD. Please take your questions regarding a Kalyway installation somewhere else & stop cluttering up this topic..

Gigicomputer your question has nothing at all to do with the subject of this topic which is about installation from a Retail Apple Leopard DVD. Please take your questions regarding a Kalyway installation somewhere else & stop cluttering up this topic..

MAN, U R TOO IRRITATED (is to hard this word, SRY).

I saw a man (karaakeha1) who really know what he is doing!

I wait an answer from him (and other members) hwo can help me (YES I KNOW IT IS WRONG PLACE).

BUT... again... I DIDN'T KNOW I WILL DISTURB U SO MUCH!!!

Hi Karaakeha1, I need your opinion, please. I have bought new OS X DVD and a GA-EP35-DS3 v2.1, bios F3. I have one IDE HD and one SATA HD. DVD is also SATA. I have set my bios, which varies fom your own, as close to your settings as poss. No RAID. If I use the boot 132 method I get to the grey screen with apple logo but no whirly thing, so, I installed Kaly on the IDE HD, sweet, no issues what so ever. Then I followed your guide but when I try to boot to my retail install, which is on the SATA HD, the machine restarts!. I then tried using two SATA HDs and found that the Kaly install, now on a SATA HD, was doing the same restart thing. Any input on this would be highly appreciated. :D

P.S. My graphic are Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE

MAN, U R TOO IRRITATED (is to hard this word, SRY).

I saw a man (karaakeha1) who really know what he is doing!

I wait an answer from him (and other members) hwo can help me (YES I KNOW IT IS WRONG PLACE).

BUT... again... I DIDN'T KNOW I WILL DISTURB U SO MUCH!!!

No need to SHOUT. I am not irritated I was just trying to help as you are much more likely to get an answer to your questions if you either post in one of the threads about Kalyway installations or start your own new thread. Almost everyone reading this thread has installed from a retail DVD so will not be able to answer your question.

karaakeha1,

Not sure if you are interested in speedstepping.

mercurysquad came up with a speedstep kext that works well with our system. Speedstep and sleep both work with vanilla kernel using this kext. Check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119370

You will find my posts and results here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=854871

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=858447

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=858620

Cheers...

thanks for info. Have you tried this yourself?

First of all, thank you karaakeha1 for this guide.

DS3R Here. All drives are SATA 2, also the DVD drive.

I had a working retail install with all updates and stuff but wanted to try installing it to a RAID

I did all the steps for installing in a RAID Volume, but no luck for me.

First changed setting in BIOS from AHCI to RAID mode. Then created a Stripe RAID via <<Ctrl + I>> Motherboard RAID Config Screen.

Then I booted with the CD, swapped to retail DVD, and noticed that before i had to boot with "9f" and now with "ef". Just gived the -v -f parameters to boot loader and started to boot the retail Leopard.

Suddenly, the "Waiting for root device" error came to my screen, and couldn't get into gui install.

Will appreciate any help.

Cheers!

First of all, thank you karaakeha1 for this guide.

DS3R Here. All drives are SATA 2, also the DVD drive.

I had a working retail install with all updates and stuff but wanted to try installing it to a RAID

I did all the steps for installing in a RAID Volume, but no luck for me.

First changed setting in BIOS from AHCI to RAID mode. Then created a Stripe RAID via <<Ctrl + I>> Motherboard RAID Config Screen.

Then I booted with the CD, swapped to retail DVD, and noticed that before i had to boot with "9f" and now with "ef". Just gived the -v -f parameters to boot loader and started to boot the retail Leopard.

Suddenly, the "Waiting for root device" error came to my screen, and couldn't get into gui install.

Will appreciate any help.

Cheers!

First this is Software RAID

IN BIOS no setting RAID should be Same AHCI as you use otherwise than follow the guide

and is installed after creating RAID volume from working leopard. and installing from working leopard.