 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Leopard retail instillation Updated 19 June for Chameleon EFI & EFI v8

simplified guide( See Below After RAID Guide)

Here is updated Simple Guide

Leopard Retail Install with EFI v8 or Chameleon EFI

w/c is more recommended, Chameleon EFI or EFI v8?

what if i installed both?

Install Leopard

same for both Chameleon EFI & EFI v8

Then install 10.5.4 Combo update on the right drive

can't install 10.5.4 combo update. says not valid format or something. i was able to install the update after rebooting to the retail install already (w/ boot-132 disc in the optical drive).

Now to remove incompatible kext or install requird one

Put kext file in the user folder - what does this exactly mean?

Open post patch change (destination=Name of Drive where retail leopard is installed) - can't find this in the post patch file

Open terminal and drag drop post patch

this included Sound file is for GA P35 DS4 or similar Gigabyte motherboard & GFX EFI string for nvidia 7600 GT Card

Make sure in Post patch sh file you replace with drive name(Leopard) with yours Drive name

Boot with new Drive and enjoy :wacko: Good luck with your built

For EFI String for VIDEO , Network, Audio

use Latest EFI Studio ,Select Devices and Click Wrtie to com.apple.boot.plist will add Automatically for you. Now you can even install EFI on destination Drive by this

35bb42a.jpg

still using boot-132 disc to boot to the retail leopard & restart not yet fixed.

w/c is more recommended, Chameleon EFI or EFI v8?

what if i installed both?

can't install 10.5.4 combo update. says not valid format or something. i was able to install the update after rebooting to the retail install already (w/ boot-132 disc in the optical drive).

still using boot-132 disc to boot to the retail leopard & restart not yet fixed.

this Guide is not for Boot 132 disc etc

Chameleon is recommended, Use only one type of EFI.

Follow the guide . No mixing of two methods

this Guide is not for Boot 132 disc etc

Chameleon is recommended, Use only one type of EFI.

Follow the guide . No mixing of two methods

hope u'd be more patient w/ "technically-incompetent" people like me.

trying to re-install the retail leopard.

when do i make use of the files in the Chameleon Files folder?

just have to follow what's provided in the README file in that folder, right?

to make use of those files, i still have to cd to its (Chameleon Files) location, right? - just like with the kexts files for the post-patch (inside the Install Package)?

tnx for ur time.

Just want to say thanks. After figuring out the right kexts to use for the BOOT 132 method and getting that stable, I just ran the incredibly simple installer for Chameleon and everything works great and is tailored to my system without having had to do any nasty downloading of patched installations.

For the record my system is Shuttle SD30G2 Plus with E7200 core2duo, GeForce 7300GT (fully supported by the Leopard 10.5.4 install), a Sparklan WPIR-501 wireless n PCI card (ralink OSX driver) and the following kexts in my Extra/extensions folder: ACPIPS2Nub, skge, dsmos, IntelCPUPMDisabler, SMBIOSEnabler, ApplePS2Controller. Audio patched separately as couldn't find a dedicated kext for it.

Only thing spoiling a perfect Hackintosh experience is not being able to find a graphics card that would give me S-Video TV-out. Tried all sorts of mod.s on a MSI NX7300 but none gave me a working TV signal. The dual dvi 7300GT though has full functionality for me out of the box.

Also, on the same hardware I have a clone of my MacBook install running unmodified (apart from audio patch) using the BOOT 132 method with above kexts.

Thanks to everyone on this project.

Karaakeha1 our users :P

I am from Brazil and using Google to translate to talk with you, okay!

Normal work with a Gigabyte motherboard X48t-dq6? it has ICH9, DDR3, AL889a, I would doubt regarding install RAID-0, because setting in bios as AHCI can not run Windows XP or vista seen in Raid-0, because the bios if I switch to RAID in the mac I think not go

has a different method for my case?

I would leave 4 hds of 500gb in raid-0 and 1 create 200gb partition of the MAC OS X, another of 200gb for XP and which ones fail to edit video?

please help me or be able to offer guidance would be very grateful

reinstalled again the retail leopard using chameleon efi. closely followed instructions in post#1 but still, am not able to install the 10.5.4 combo update (saying the target disk does not meet the requirements of the update) after installing the osinstall.mpkg. ran post-patch then rebooted and got stuck to the blinking underscore. after about 15mins., i inserted a boot-132 disc then restarted & that way, got to enter "80" & am able to boot the newly installed retail leopard. but then again, still can't install the pre-downloaded 10.5.4 combo update still saying that target disk does not meet requirements blah..blah..blah..

i then reinstalled the chameleon efi & ran again the post-patch, but still, can't boot to it w/out the boot-132 disc.

i upgraded to 10.5.4 via Software Update... but the problem is, can no longer run Toast Titanium app, which was working fine before the 10.5.4 update. another app that was damaged by the 10.5.4 update is the iPhoto where double-clicking a photo no longer magnifies it and in edit-mode, all i see are the thumbnails of the pix.

hopefully someone can tell me the SPECIFIC reason(s) why am i still needing a boot-132 disc and why the 10.5.4 update damaged some apps (at least two that i know of).

if i'll be told to "...read the post(s)..." again, then i give up on this thread coz surely people like me are not welcome. tnx.

reinstalled again the retail leopard using chameleon efi. closely followed instructions in post#1 but still, am not able to install the 10.5.4 combo update (saying the target disk does not meet the requirements of the update) after installing the osinstall.mpkg. ran post-patch then rebooted and got stuck to the blinking underscore. after about 15mins., i inserted a boot-132 disc then restarted & that way, got to enter "80" & am able to boot the newly installed retail leopard. but then again, still can't install the pre-downloaded 10.5.4 combo update still saying that target disk does not meet requirements blah..blah..blah..

i then reinstalled the chameleon efi & ran again the post-patch, but still, can't boot to it w/out the boot-132 disc.

i upgraded to 10.5.4 via Software Update... but the problem is, can no longer run Toast Titanium app, which was working fine before the 10.5.4 update. another app that was damaged by the 10.5.4 update is the iPhoto where double-clicking a photo no longer magnifies it and in edit-mode, all i see are the thumbnails of the pix.

hopefully someone can tell me the SPECIFIC reason(s) why am i still needing a boot-132 disc and why the 10.5.4 update damaged some apps (at least two that i know of).

if i'll be told to "...read the post(s)..." again, then i give up on this thread coz surely people like me are not welcome. tnx.

Specific reason blinking

Your post patch is not applied properly

Karaakeha1 our users :(

I am from Brazil and using Google to translate to talk with you, okay!

Normal work with a Gigabyte motherboard X48t-dq6? it has ICH9, DDR3, AL889a, I would doubt regarding install RAID-0, because setting in bios as AHCI can not run Windows XP or vista seen in Raid-0, because the bios if I switch to RAID in the mac I think not go

has a different method for my case?

I would leave 4 hds of 500gb in raid-0 and 1 create 200gb partition of the MAC OS X, another of 200gb for XP and which ones fail to edit video?

please help me or be able to offer guidance would be very grateful

You Don't set RAID in BIOS,its just AHCI SATA mode

and with this guide you can create RAID with Disk Utility.( from working LEopard)

On that you can install Leopard only

NO XP for that you need totally separate Hard Drive

in your "simplified"-guide (post#1), what does this exactly mean:?

mean root of current user folder ,than run the script.

If you read the whole all of discussion of this topic,it even explained with pictures. read all the posting here -_-

mean root of current user folder ,than run the script.

If you read the whole all of discussion of this topic,it even explained with pictures. read all the posting here -_-

Got my hackintosh up doing the read up. Thanks to karaakeha1 ;) for the kext. i started with boot132 and a get the rest of the kext from karrakeha1 's kext list.

just to ask if its safe to update to 10.5.4 now? i have updated to 10.5.2 its working fine but read that some had problem with the 10.5.4. :blink:

Thanks for the guide, I got everything going and then hit a stopping point.

I started up Chameleon on my MacBook running 10.5.4 and installed it to a newly GUID-formatted HD connected via external HD enclosure (USB connected.) After installing Chameleon, I ran the Terminal command to begin the OSX LEO installation on the external HD which went without a hitch. After the compete install, I performed the .5.4 update which completed just fine. I removed the AppleEFIRuntime.kext and started up the other box with the new HD installed. Startup hangs a few seconds into the grey screen with the apple logo and revolving circle. I then tried working through some of the other kexts and didn't get far, at all.

Question about EFI Studio, should I boot into the new format and run the EFI Studio from that drive itself or would it work to run on the "vanilla" system? Additionally, post patch is buggy even though I replaced all the Leopard text with my new drive, "MacintoshHD" What am I doing wrong?

Anyone have an idea why my ESata worked with the first HD package and doesn't with the most recent?

I allready tried reverting to the old kext but still doesn't work. HD does work when powered up before boot.

first tell which version of Leopard you are using

Adding Signature is must to get any help

Karaakeha1: Is it better to put bios F13 from the start or is it better to install Leo with F7 and upgrade to F13 afterwards?

you can directly use F13 doesn't matter.

Added signature for some basic info.

first tell which version of Leopard you are using

Adding Signature is must to get any help

Esata with hotswapping worked the with the first HD package, but when trying the newer one hot swapping stopped working. After reverting to the first package the hot swapping functionality didn't return.

Hello guys,

until now I am an old Windows User, who wants to enter the fascinating Macworld on my new Netbook Medion Akoya (same as MSI Wind).

For that I bought an original OSX Leopard DVD and can already boot into the installation with an extern DVD and the help of your forum (with the "Boot 132 CD"). But then during installation problems come. There are some How to´s for "Kalyway + MSI WIND" or How to´s for "original DVD + intel computer", but i cannot find a how to for "original DVD + MSI Wind"....

1. problem, I cannot install on the HD, because there is winXP on it with MBR. But it needs the GUID-Partitionstable.... when i decide to make a new with GUID, it does not work because it says "recource is busy".....

2. problem in future would be, that I cannot uncheck several things during installtion. I read about it in how to´s for the WIND..... power managment should be not good to install for example. Question: is it possible to deinstall it afterwards if I managed one day to install the system from my original DVD?

It would be great if there are some professionells who can help an absolutely Mac beginner who ONLY has running winXP until now (no running mac around to help me)....

Cheers, Djian

Well, I have tried this procedure about 5 times without any luck. I have been able to get all the way to the final steps to start running the commands from the "Code" window. I have been able to complete the fdisk command on the drives. Once I run the first dd command, it mounts the RAID so I have to unmount it to run the second one (I am trying to install a striped set with 2 disks). Once I unmount, I am able to run the dd command to the second drive. After this, I am not able to get the drives to mount using the diskutil mount commands. It comes back with volume failed to mount error. I am sure I am missing something, but I have not been able to figure it out. If anyone can assist me, I would greatly appreciate it. My system is as follows:

Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 Motherboard

Q6600 Quad Core CPU

4x1GB Ballistix Tracer Memory

4x500 GB Seagate SATA 2 Disk Drives

Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply

Thanks.

Hi karaakeha1,

Thanks for your guide. If you could help me with one thing I'd be very greatful.

I have booted off my spare hdd that has a fully working version of the Kalyway 10.5.4 leopard.

I followed your instructions and successfully made a RAID drive from two 500g SATA drives.

I installed Chameleon and then Leopard using an image.

It installed successfully.

I shutdown and removed the spare hdd leaving my 2 SATA.

When I boot I'm totally confused which of the two SATA hdd's it should boot off to start the Darwin Loader??? I just got a constant blinking cursor. More info in this area would be great thanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I sooo want to get this software raid working.

Regards,

Slither2008.

Hi karaakeha1,

Thanks for your guide. If you could help me with one thing I'd be very greatful.

I have booted off my spare hdd that has a fully working version of the Kalyway 10.5.4 leopard.

I followed your instructions and successfully made a RAID drive from two 500g SATA drives.

I installed Chameleon and then Leopard using an image.

It installed successfully.

I shutdown and removed the spare hdd leaving my 2 SATA.

When I boot I'm totally confused which of the two SATA hdd's it should boot off to start the Darwin Loader??? I just got a constant blinking cursor. More info in this area would be great thanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I sooo want to get this software raid working.

Regards,

Slither2008.

it can boot from either disk

chameleon manually has to be installed after RAID ID IS added to the com.apple.boot.plist

See the guide and read all topic its answered already

After trying boot-132 shich does the job well, I wanted to try this guide.

So bought a new sata2 drive and placed it in, booted from old drive running 10.5.4.

Partitioned new drive with 2 partitions GUID

Installed latest Chameleon EFI on the first partition of the new drive.

Shutdown pc, removed old drive and started from first partition of new drive (only drive active)

I can see the bootloader is Chameleon EFI, but after pressing enter I get the following error:

"System config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Libraray/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

Booting from retail 10.5.0 DVD doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

i have already installed the bootloader, kexts, EFI, chameleon and all that jazz. Everything is working shmick, but i never bothered to set up the raid before i started. can i now go an setup the stripe raid without having to repeat this process over again?

karra, for everyone here i am also interested as to how you managed to fit the ATX DS4 mobo in to the mac pro case??