 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

1.After installing OS on the Striped RAID

Follow guide in the first post.

2.FIRST Add the RAID ID to com.boot.apple.plist than ,Chameleon EFI (make sure this is done after )

Which version of Chameleon do I use? Can I use the new Kaly Cham dfe for hard disks or the just the older version and will the older support me doing updates? Also does it matter if i have booted all the way into osx on the striped raid drive? Because currrently all i can do is finish the installation process then boot to my external usb drive. Do I need a boot partiotion on the first drive using this method or just a straight raid array with no partition.

Thanks

Which version of Chameleon do I use? Can I use the new Kaly Cham dfe for hard disks or the just the older version and will the older support me doing updates? Also does it matter if i have booted all the way into osx on the striped raid drive? Because currrently all i can do is finish the installation process then boot to my external usb drive. Do I need a boot partiotion on the first drive using this method or just a straight raid array with no partition.

Thanks

follow the guide Step vise it complete , It works 100%

Thank you very much but, is that a no on the kaly chameleon dfe loader and can i use my mkext package that i've made using the galaxy packager?

All files or chameleon etc is provided in first link. Use that .than its following the quide .not mixing and matching .

Karaakeha1, do you think the EP35-DS4 is the same card than yours? Because the P35-DS4 is an older board and more difficult to find.

What you did is exactly what I want to do, like the RAID stuff. That's why I'm asking and not to mention that I will surely use your guide if it's compatible with the board ;)

:P

PS. You can change your sig while you're using bios F13? Is the EP35 using the same bios as the P35?

Karaakeha1, do you think the EP35-DS4 is the same card than yours? Because the P35-DS4 is an older board and more difficult to find.

What you did is exactly what I want to do, like the RAID stuff. That's why I'm asking and not to mention that I will surely use your guide if it's compatible with the board ;)

:P

PS. You can change your sig while you're using bios F13? Is the EP35 using the same bios as the P35?

RAID guide can be used with any board , ASUS, GA or whatever

K. here's where I am at not sure where I am making a mistake but, I can not get past the terminal steps

1. I am loading osx onto external usb drive. No Problems

2. I boot to osx retail disk using cd bootloader 132 then swap disk load osx

Open Disk Utility

Erase both of my 250 gig sata disks. No Partitions

Click on raid

Configure raid to striped drives

Drag and drop disk0 and disk1 into raid..... Click Create

I then get a raid drive which i have called studio that is is 465.1G in size

3. Install OSX Retail to drive called Studio

4. System Reboots.

5. Insert boot Cd

6. Boot to External drive with previously loaded Leopard.

7. Go to Studio drive Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration

8. Drag and drop com.apple.boot.plist to my desktop.

9. Open disk utility go to raid drive, click identify get raid identifier.

10. Edit my com.apple.boot.plist which looks like this when done:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>boot-uuid=DEB7F0E6-8F6F-4CB6-8170-367D15B30F0F</string>

</dict>

</plist>

11. Save File

12. Replace old com.apple.boot.plist then authticate enter password its then replaced.

13. I downloaded Chamleon Files from link below Guide.

14. Drag and drop files onto my Studio (which is my raid0 drive) (I've tried both ways using installer and dragging and dropping files)

15. open terminal

16. Type. fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0.

I then get a permission denied error

so I then login using sudo -s command

Try again. I then get No such file or directory

I've tried changing the ending rdisk0 to disk0 also still no go. I get No such file or directory.

Can someone tell me where i am making my mistake I can not get past the terminal commands. I've been working on this for dayz

I've tried repairing permissions on studio disk and everything

the error I am getting is this exactly could not open MBR file boot0: No such file or directory

Thanks

RAID install only with manual install of chameleon EFI

and use the code

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3

diskutil mount disk0s3

cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX

diskutil unmount disk0s3

diskutil mount disk1s3

cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX

diskutil unmount disk1s3

Fresh1,

the "permission error" thing happens when your account password is blank. In order to boot from one of your raid slices/members you need to activate one of the partitions with fdisk.

sudo -s

password

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX "Replace X with 0 or 1 in other words with a disk you'd like to boot from"

update

f 2

w

answer yes

q

reboot

pardon me karaakeha1 if this question i'm posting has already been answered. just can't swim through all these posts in the 35-page thread u have. hope u'd be patient w/ me.

recently succeeded installing retail leopard (via my leopard 10.5.4 iATKOS 4i system). the only thing i'm not really sure about is the post-patch thing. my problem is pc can't boot through the retail leopard install. i'm only able to boot it using boot-132 disc, then enter, then 80, then enter & it get's to load the retail leopard os.

will u kindly help me on how to do away w/ the boot-132 disc? i'm also having a problem w/ reboot.

tnx in advance for your help.

pardon me karaakeha1 if this question i'm posting has already been answered. just can't swim through all these posts in the 35-page thread u have. hope u'd be patient w/ me.

recently succeeded installing retail leopard (via my leopard 10.5.4 iATKOS 4i system). the only thing i'm not really sure about is the post-patch thing. my problem is pc can't boot through the retail leopard install. i'm only able to boot it using boot-132 disc, then enter, then 80, then enter & it get's to load the retail leopard os.

will u kindly help me on how to do away w/ the boot-132 disc? i'm also having a problem w/ reboot.

tnx in advance for your help.

Read post first, already explained how to apply post patch.

Since system now is running close to perfect.

for fun here is my modified system profile

2q84kts.png

Hi Kara ,

just come back from hospital right now , I got a big crash on my bike.

Anyway I followed again your perfect guide, I got chameleon+10.5.4 installed with you install package.Everythgin running good but same message on bootinn about the AHCIPlatform extension..

Could U give me the right direction for modifying the system profileer as u shown ?

Thanks.

Read post first, already explained how to apply post patch.

pardon me but i believe i followed closely your instructions in the very 1st post of this thread (the "simple" guide - non-raid). the only instructions that i found not that clear is on the part of post patch. if there's already a fix for the reboot & no-need-for-the-boot-132-disc, kindly update the 1st post to clearly provide for it. hopefully any fix/answers to many questions (w/c become repetitive) be mentioned/provided in the 1st post for easy reference. just a suggestion. tnx.

Hey guys n gals. How can I get my battery meter showing again. I went from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 and thats the only thing I cant get back working.

Im on a Dell 1520. I also lost my excellerated video but I got that going again with my saved instructions.

This is on my cloned drive where I do my update testing.

check sig for details.

Hi everyone,

I am on a Dell e520 and have two 250GB drives, set up in RAID.

Now I run Windows XP and I want to dual boot XP and LEO.

My idea was to backup all my files on windows (so I can start clean),

delete all partitions, make on partition for windows, and install windows

Then install Mac OS X (with boot-132 cd ) on the other partition and then use chameleon DFE EFi installer to install EFI.

Will this work so easily, or do I have to do a lot of stuff with RAID?

Also what is meant with:

-Extract all the files to user root folder from Cameleon Files folder.

4.Make sure you Install Chameleon EFI after Step 3(after addding UUID to com.apple.boot.plist) other wise Raid won't boot.

edit: Should I choose MBR or GUID and what to install first XP or OS X?

I can follow your tutorial, but only if I install OS X first and I don't know what to use, MBR or GUID.

when creating the raid.

evryting works etc.

But in my system log, i allways get these messages

CF38FEF7D18C

Jul 29 07:01:26 VenimK kernel[0]: AppleRAIDMember::synchronizeCacheCallout: failed with e00002ca on E3FF3073-99BF-4D12-B369-53C56F4C9409

Jul

is this normal ?????

Bg

venimK

Hi everyone,

I am on a Dell e520 and have two 250GB drives, set up in RAID.

Now I run Windows XP and I want to dual boot XP and LEO.

My idea was to backup all my files on windows (so I can start clean),

delete all partitions, make on partition for windows, and install windows

Then install Mac OS X (with boot-132 cd ) on the other partition and then use chameleon DFE EFi installer to install EFI.

Will this work so easily, or do I have to do a lot of stuff with RAID?

Also what is meant with:

edit: Should I choose MBR or GUID and what to install first XP or OS X?

I can follow your tutorial, but only if I install OS X first and I don't know what to use, MBR or GUID.

GUID

make two partition

1st MS DOS( later can be formatted to NTFS) & Second GUID

install on first vista ( format to ntfs during install

after Vista install Leopard on second GUID partition

Finally (after running Kalyway 10.5.2 and 10.5.2) i got the Retail Leo to work.

Now I got an 10.5.4 retail Installation on my system:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Gigabyte EP35-DS3 rev. 2.1 (BIOS F2) (LAN working ootb, Audio is recognized in System Profiler, but no Audio out. => AppleHDAPatcher and Codec Dump)

nVidia 8800GTS 320 MB (with EFI string)

WD Raptop 74 GB 10.000 rpm

Samsung Disc&DVD Burner

Samsung Widescreen TFT (20", 1680*1050)

The Retail DVD (if your system supports it) is running much more better than all the other pre-patched releases on my system.

So thank you so much, karaakeha1!