 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

sleep works for you karaa?

if so with what kext.

I'm on vanilla kernel

I have the same mobo as you. See my sig, sleep works fine (wake-up by power button). Not sure which kext it is, but I'd say the general recommendation is: the fewer replaced kexts, the better.

If you install vanilla 10.5.4 and karaakeha1's kexts you should have a stable hack.

Sadly, that didn't work. I was able to get the exact EFI string from that beta pkg on this site (and I tried the EFI string from the 2400 out of EFI Studio). I added that, copied the vanilla ATI kexts back, removed natit, and repaired permissions. I got black and white vertical bars on screen 1 and black and white checkboard on screen 2.

I get correct visuals when I move the natit and modified kexts back. My device id is in the vanilla kext. Is there something else that is in the those for it to work correctly?

Looks like your Video Card may be the cause or motherboard ?

For most of the Gigabyte Sleep works and wake up is by power button.

Leopard retail instillation Updated 19 June for Chameleon EFI & EFI v8

simplified guide( See Below After RAID Guide)

11 July, For Restart fix -Open AppleACPIPlatform Binary in hex Editor & replace E8 A0 FF FF FF with B0 FE E6 64 F4 ( thanks to CharlesB )

attached below latest AppleACPIPlatform.kext

25 June :Latest Audio Apple HDA kext Show up in profile with HDAenabler.kext UPDATE 5 July.

Still the best is OLD APPLEHDA.kext with String , This new one produces lot of unwanted hisses when draging n droping

Hi karaakeha1, thanks for your guide. I'm in the process of trying it out now on my DS3R board. One quick question though - are all the latest kexts already in the Installer directory or do we need to download them from this post and replace them ourselves?

Thanks.

PS I'm still waiting for my second HD to arrive in the mail so I'm installing this using a Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card and a USB reader as my installer. lol, it's working but slow as all hell.

Anyone know if this works on a P5B with a Q6600?

Thanks!

noob here

will leopard retail work with these specs

p5wdh deluxw with q6600 2gb memory xfx 8600 gt 1tb seagate hard drive

Thanks karaakeha1 for this great guide.

I just setup a Leopard Server using Chameleon EFI and your Install Package.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Celeron Dual-Core E1200

Mainboard: ASUS P5KPL (Intel G31/ICH7)

RAM: 2GB DDR2-800 MDT

The only extension I made to the Install Package was the Time Machine fix. Now my machine is running OS X 10.5.4 Server and everything works fine.

Hi karaakeha1, thanks for your guide. I'm in the process of trying it out now on my DS3R board. One quick question though - are all the latest kexts already in the Installer directory or do we need to download them from this post and replace them ourselves?

Thanks.

PS I'm still waiting for my second HD to arrive in the mail so I'm installing this using a Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card and a USB reader as my installer. lol, it's working but slow as all hell.

here is attached latest package

Latest_Kext_package.zip

thx very much for your great guide.

I installed the 3-disk-raid Version on a Asus P5K, and it really works great and is amazingly stable and

fast.

:P

take care,

DrDeelay!

Glad worked for you

karaakeha1 " system now is running close to perfect. for fun here is my modified system profile"

How Modified your system profile?

Sorry my english

If your are using AppleSMBIOS-28 included in package and latest AppleACPIplatform.kext

modify file Localizable.strings at location

20jh74l.png

Do the following changes to localizable.strings

2n6yfwn.png

To make the changes Drag copy of SPPlatformReporter.spreporter on desktop , Aftermodification put back(over write original)

logout and you can see the changes in the profiler

can i use your guide with these specs p5w dh deluxe q6600 2 gb mem xfx 8600 gt ..what settting should i have in the bios ?...i have try to install vanilla but no luck....i can install nektas kernel but not vanillia what im i doing wrong

can i use your guide with these specs p5w dh deluxe q6600 2 gb mem xfx 8600 gt ..what settting should i have in the bios ?...i have try to install vanilla but no luck....i can install nektas kernel but not vanillia what im i doing wrong

Yes , Just need to use required kext for your motherboard.

in Bios SATA should be set to AHCI mode

Interestingly, with F13, only 3 cores is detected. Maybe that's why wake up from sleep does not work for me.

Any idea, karaakeha1?

post-13737-1216924100_thumb.png

EDIT:

OK, problem solved... by loading optimized BIOS settings once, then reconfigure to the desired settings. All 4 cores are detected now, and sleep, restart, shutdown all work with F13.

sorry maby im just stupid. but, do you know if this works for me?

i have asus p5k pro, 3.16ghz intel core duo cpu. will this work? i tried updating from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4, but it crashed at 33%. how can i install it, so i don't neet to patch anymore. I took the vanilla kernel, was this am misstake? I just wanna get updates without patching, is this possible with this realease? How about support for the radeon x4870?

regards

All right wondering if someone can send me in the right direction. Here is what I have currently done and I am not sure if I am going about the process right.

1. Loaded Osx to external usb drive. Using the new 132 loader.

2. Installed two Sata drives on my P5w DH (Not the EZ-RAID.

3. Booted osx retail using osx bootloader.

4. Opened Utility and set striped raids on the two internal Sata Drives.

5. Booted to OSX on external usb drive.

What do i need to do next to the Raid drive in order to boot to it using the new Kaly Cham loader? Or do i not need that particular loader?

Thanks

Thanks a lot for this guide

That s incredible, i managed to install retail leopard on my gigabyte GA965p-dq6 then updated to 10.5.4 it with software update.

Everything works like a charm !

Thanks again !

Chameleon is the best things i v seen in osx86 for a long time

All right wondering if someone can send me in the right direction. Here is what I have currently done and I am not sure if I am going about the process right.

1. Loaded Osx to external usb drive. Using the new 132 loader.

2. Installed two Sata drives on my P5w DH (Not the EZ-RAID.

3. Booted osx retail using osx bootloader.

4. Opened Utility and set striped raids on the two internal Sata Drives.

5. Booted to OSX on external usb drive.

What do i need to do next to the Raid drive in order to boot to it using the new Kaly Cham loader? Or do i not need that particular loader?

Thanks

1.After installing OS on the Striped RAID

Follow guide in the first post.

2.FIRST Add the RAID ID to com.boot.apple.plist than ,Chameleon EFI (make sure this is done after )