 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

First of all a big thanks to karaakeha1 for this amazing guide and to David Eliott, Kabyl, and bumby for the retail DVD installation and f41qu3 for the amazing guide on the Retail Leopard installation using Boot 132.

Last but not the least a big thank you to "elastic" for the bootimage for my mobo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well for starters here is my rig that i built this week.

GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R

Intel Q9600 @2.5GHz

EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now finally here is my problem.

Following the combination of the above guides (karaakeha1 and f41qu3) , I have an untouched retail Leopard installation with no patches, automatic updates etc working. FYI, I also installed Chameleon EFI.

Using Karaakeha1's 8800GT boot plist i got the Video Card working. Audio did not work out of the box which was understandable. I used EFIStudio to get the HEX string and add to my boot list.

Now here is my problem.

When i have the HEX string for my graphic card in the boot plist, video works amazing.

When i have the HEX string for Realtek 889A in the boot plist, Audio works amazing.

When I have both in the boot plist, only the second device in the list works.

I just want to know is there any thing wrong I am doing ( I am sure ... me being a total newbie ... tho been following the forum for the past few weeks if not months)

I am attaching my boot plist.

I would really appreciate some valuable input from you amazing folks so that i can put this sucker to rest ( 3 sleepless nights :) )

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Now here is my problem.

When i have the HEX string for my graphic card in the boot plist, video works amazing.

When i have the HEX string for Realtek 889A in the boot plist, Audio works amazing.

When I have both in the boot plist, only the second device in the list works.

I just want to know is there any thing wrong I am doing ( I am sure ... me being a total newbie ... tho been following the forum for the past few weeks if not months)

I am attaching my boot plist.

I would really appreciate some valuable input from you amazing folks so that i can put this sucker to rest ( 3 sleepless nights :) )

You need to have a single string statement in the Boot.plist file not two as you have now so you would need to convert a file to hex that has both the video and audio xml contained in it then it should work. Try the string inside the .hex file I just converted here using your settings from the strings contained in the plist you posted.

video_and_audio.hex.zip

video_and_audio.xml.zip

OMG !!! IT WORKED !!!! U GUYS ROCK !!!! working flawlessly !!

Thanks a lot

~~

Your welcome. A question for you does it give you 5.1 surround sound? I was going to try it on my machine here but it is a real PITA to disconnect the cables from my FireWave and get around to putting them in the back of the case.

Your welcome. A question for you does it give you 5.1 surround sound? I was going to try it on my machine here but it is a real PITA to disconnect the cables from my FireWave and get around to putting them in the back of the case.
Well i only got 2 speakers and a subwoofer and all of them work great. Let me dig out my other 2 speakers and see if i get any output from them.~~
Well i only got 2 speakers and a subwoofer and all of them work great. Let me dig out my other 2 speakers and see if i get any output from them.~~
Just confirming .. no 5.1 happiness ~ :( ...

Well i only got 2 speakers and a subwoofer and all of them work great. Let me dig out my other 2 speakers and see if i get any output from them.~~Just confirming .. no 5.1 happiness ~ :( ...

Did you go into the Audio Midi Setup utility to check if it sees the speakers/you get the option for more than 2.1? This is located in the Applications folder under the Utilities directory if you do not know.

Following the combination of the above guides (karaakeha1 and f41qu3) , I have an untouched retail Leopard installation with no patches, automatic updates etc working. FYI, I also installed Chameleon EFI.

Using Karaakeha1's 8800GT boot plist i got the Video Card working. Audio did not work out of the box which was understandable. I used EFIStudio to get the HEX string and add to my boot list.

Hi newmacky.

So do you run boot-132 from USB Stick, DVD or did you replace Chameleon's boot on the root drive?

I tried the last (replacing Chameleon's boot with the one from boot-132), and put karaakeha1's extensions onto root's Extra/Extensions.

But this only works if I use the "-f" kernel option.

Otherwise only some of the kexts get properly loaded.

So, I still prefer the old school way using modified kexts and EFI String for GFX, Audio & Ethernet (for a cheap RTL 8169 card)

Also, I added a RTL 8169 based card, but I still get quite a lof of GetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

, although Timemachine works.

hi, i can only boot my softraid via type rd=disk3

I do have installed Chameleon follow the guide after add "boot-uuid=" in com.apple.Boot.plist

In a nornal boot without type "rd=disk3:, i find that it try to boot via disk1s1 and got "Still waiting for root device"

Anyone can help me resovle this issure?

Hi newmacky.So do you run boot-132 from USB Stick, DVD or did you replace Chameleon's boot on the root drive?I tried the last (replacing Chameleon's boot with the one from boot-132), and put karaakeha1's extensions onto root's Extra/Extensions.But this only works if I use the "-f" kernel option.Otherwise only some of the kexts get properly loaded.So, I still prefer the old school way using modified kexts and EFI String for GFX, Audio & Ethernet (for a cheap RTL 8169 card)Also, I added a RTL 8169 based card, but I still get quite a lof of GetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35, although Timemachine works.
Hello,I am using the Boot-132 Cd image curently .. it works ... so for now do not want to mess around with it much ... sometime next week I will start playing with putting the image in root drive ~~
Did you go into the Audio Midi Setup utility to check if it sees the speakers/you get the option for more than 2.1? This is located in the Applications folder under the Utilities directory if you do not know.
I just checked ! it shows only 2 channel.. Take a look at the screenie !!

midi_screen.tiff

First, I want to say thank you for the guide!

I have installed Leopard and have updated to 10.5.4. I'm on an Inspiron 530 that has shutdown and sleep working. I can't get my machine to wake up from sleep though. Could anyone point me in the right direction to fix my sleep issue?

First, I want to say thank you for the guide!

I have installed Leopard and have updated to 10.5.4. I'm on an Inspiron 530 that has shutdown and sleep working. I can't get my machine to wake up from sleep though. Could anyone point me in the right direction to fix my sleep issue?

Try pressing power button to wake up from sleep.

hummm ive got a macbook with leopard(apple) and an asus notebook with 10.5.2(kalyway)

since it's not very easy to access the internal hdd of my asus notebook i wondered what would be the easiest way to install leo. retail?

is it possible to use/boot/whatever a hackintosh in firewire target disk mode?

If not, have i got to shrink down the kaly partition, create a new partition, install retail leo, then delete kaly partiton and append it?

sorry i read a lot today but maybe not enough to avoid eventually embarrassing questions..

thanks!

Whoah!

You're running Adium, + a seperate instances of MSN AND YAHOO messenger!? That's sick, boy.

hehehe u r right ...i m sick :lol: ... my fiance is on yahoo ... so i need to use the web cam feature on yahoo messenger .... As for MSN i am just waiting for web cam feature !! Adium i doubt will ever get the cam feature inbuilt (MeBeam doesnt interest me icon9.gif )!!

~~

Try pressing power button to wake up from sleep.

That is my only option when I put it to sleep. I can't wake the machine via mouse or keyboard.

I have tried it with and without the power button option checked in sys prefs. I have tried sleeping via the power button and from Apple > Sleep

Is there something else I am missing?

That is my only option when I put it to sleep. I can't wake the machine via mouse or keyboard.

I have tried it with and without the power button option checked in sys prefs. I have tried sleeping via the power button and from Apple > Sleep

I didn't get you. Can you wake up with power button ?

Maybe bios s1/s3 setting?

I didn't get you. Can you wake up with power button ?

It turns on when I press the power button, but the machine does not return the finder. Neither monitor wakes up.

S3 sleep

I have tried S1 and S3, neither work as well.

I think I have tried all the normal fixes for this, I was trying to avoid asking the question. I think my issue is starting to lean towards a kext issue and was hoping for some guidance. I was thinking my situation would be different since I have shutdown and restart working just fine. I don't think I found anything for fixing just sleep during my searching (that worked that is).

It turns on when I press the power button, but the machine does not return the finder. Neither monitor wakes up.

I have tried S1 and S3, neither work as well.

I think I have tried all the normal fixes for this, I was trying to avoid asking the question. I think my issue is starting to lean towards a kext issue and was hoping for some guidance. I was thinking my situation would be different since I have shutdown and restart working just fine. I don't think I found anything for fixing just sleep during my searching (that worked that is).

you need to add sign with complete specs of machine you are using only than something can be suggested

Doh! Sorry about that.

I added a sig now. Do I need to add anything else?

Try EFI Studio first page for Video EFI string first post(if your card not listed) try something similar in list ,Remove any Natit etc revert to Vanilla

Try EFI Studio first page for Video EFI string first post(if your card not listed) try something similar in list ,Remove any Natit etc revert to Vanilla

Sadly, that didn't work. I was able to get the exact EFI string from that beta pkg on this site (and I tried the EFI string from the 2400 out of EFI Studio). I added that, copied the vanilla ATI kexts back, removed natit, and repaired permissions. I got black and white vertical bars on screen 1 and black and white checkboard on screen 2.

I get correct visuals when I move the natit and modified kexts back. My device id is in the vanilla kext. Is there something else that is in the those for it to work correctly?