 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Help!!

when install chameleon in my RAID no boot.

My HACK freezes in boot1:startupfile.

My mobo is P35-ds3r

Processor Q6600

Video 8800 GT

You cannot install by Chameleon Installer , rather have to manually install ,check post one. and install after the Com.apple.boot.plist added with RAID identifer.

You cannot install by Chameleon Installer , rather have to manually install ,check post one. and install after the Com.apple.boot.plist added with RAID identifer.

I did it manually and the same thing, try it of 2 forms (Installer and manually) :(

I installed Leopard 10.5.1 retail dvd using my Mac mini on an external hard drive. Mac os x installed correctly without any problems. I am using these kernel extensions:

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

I am also using Chameleon EFI

When i try to boot leopard on my pc i get this error:

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: SetDomainSecrets: mDNSKeychainGetSecrets failed error 0 CFArrayRef 00000000

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.

localb instead

Then it freezes there.

Any ideas?

attach your com.apple,boot.plist file here and tell us which command you use to install chameleonEFI not EFIv8

The commands to install with your chameleon files:

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3

diskutil mount disk0s3

cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX

diskutil unmount disk0s3

diskutil mount disk1s3

diskutil unmount disk1s3

I have two sata2 disks of 750g Seagate with Video 8800 GT. I think that problem is chameleon, Because I did a clean installation on a disc of 750g without RAID and the result is the same.

attach my com.apple.boot.plist with boot-uuid. Thanks.

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

The commands to install with your chameleon files:

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3

diskutil mount disk0s3

diskutil unmount disk0s3

diskutil mount disk1s3

diskutil unmount disk1s3

I have two sata2 disks of 750g Seagate with Video 8800 GT. I think that problem is chameleon, Because I did a clean installation on a disc of 750g without RAID and the result is the same.

attach my com.apple.boot.plist with boot-uuid. Thanks.

you said it your self its chameleon install

see pic below these five files should be in the user root folder , I am also attaching those file for you try those

e7nepi.jpg

Chameleon_RAID.zip

Help!!

when install chameleon in my RAID no boot.

My HACK freezes in boot1:startupfile.

My mobo is P35-ds3r

Processor Q6600

Video 8800 GT

did you try booting from both disks in the array, mine will only boot from the last disk.

Hi karaakeha1,

thank you for all the helpful posts and sharing your knowledge with us!

My friend macsam referred me to your project, he already has a X86 Mac running. He used a regular PC housing for his X86 Mac. But I really got inspired by your Mac Pro housing installation. I was wondering if you could share some pictures of your hardware setup with us, because I was very lucky, I got a Mac Pro housing for a very good price :-) and like to install everything in to it. But as you know, nothing really fits in there in the first way, so it would be a great help to see how you did your installation!

Maybe I just couldn't find some pictures in the forum, because I looked at the wrong place?

Thanks for your help!

Mac Weck

I think you should update your guide by using this. (replacing the boot file and no longer replace extensions, but using pmdisabler and kext files in another folder so Software Update won't break your system) You might also modify the guide with the use of the cd, so users can boot retail leopard dvd. That guide uses nvkush, but I'd recommend EFI devicestrings for gfx ofcourse.

I think you should update your guide by using this. (replacing the boot file and no longer replace extensions, but using pmdisabler and kext files in another folder so Software Update won't break your system) You might also modify the guide with the use of the cd, so users can boot retail leopard dvd. That guide uses nvkush, but I'd recommend EFI devicestrings for gfx ofcourse.

the link you posted ,Has some know issue like no QE ,CI after 10.5.3 update no sound etc

This Method install Leopard form any working leo.when after 10.5 install combo 10.5.4 update is applied followed by post patch no issue what so ever,easiest and quickest .

And more over my guide also cover RAID instillation, easiest way.

the link you posted ,Has some know issue like no QE ,CI after 10.5.3 update no sound etc

This Method install Leopard form any working leo.when after 10.5 install combo 10.5.4 update is applied followed by post patch no issue what so ever,easiest and quickest .

And more over my guide also cover RAID instillation, easiest way.

You don't understand, you can use everything you do now, only change that boot file and put extensions some where else, and instead of removing kext files use pmdisabler. Everything will function as it does now, only without modifying default extensions folder, so update to 10.5.x (5/6 whatever) won't be a problem.

You don't understand, you can use everything you do now, only change that boot file and put extensions some where else.
I do understand ,THis method is easy and quick more practical.

but I can't test now

have you tested your self .If yes what exactly you did ,you can post here the full details than we can compare which is easy and quick

karaakeha1,

Great guide thank you. Couple of things:

Your AppleACPIPlatform.kext is still the old version 1.1.0 b18. It has the info and version plists from 1.2.1 b169 but the actual binary is old. Updating only the plists has no effect on the kext function in this case.

I attach the latest 1.2.1 b169 kext with the updated binary that is also reboot patched.

To patch for reboot, open the AppleACPIPlatform binary in a hex editor and replace E8 A0 FF FF FF with B0 FE E6 64 F4

LINK

karaakeha1,

Great guide thank you. Couple of things:

Your AppleACPIPlatform.kext is still the old version 1.1.0 b18. It has the info and version plists from 1.2.1 b169 but the actual binary is old. Updating only the plists has no effect on the kext function in this case.

I attach the latest 1.2.1 b169 kext with the updated binary that is also reboot patched.

To patch for reboot, open the AppleACPIPlatform binary in a hex editor and replace E8 A0 FF FF FF with B0 FE E6 64 F4

LINK

Welcome to the forum and in your first post you posted useful info

and thanks for sharing back something. Many people use the guide but don't share there experience if it works for them.

Actually I got that kext from internet some where I didn't patch my self/

But you found actual solution ;)

for easy down load

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

Greetings Everyone,

I've been trying to install Leopard according to the instructions found here, however I keep getting stuck with an mDNSResponder error and then it says "using localb instead" and hangs. I've tried the install 4 different times, checking all my steps. About half the time the computer spits back an crash report into the /Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder , and I'll include one of the crash reports here, however a lot of the time it doesn't even do that. Any ideas? I'm new at this, so you'll probably have to explain any fix in "simple" terms.

Thanks!

Crash.rtf

Hi karaakeha1,

thank you for all the helpful posts and sharing your knowledge with us!

My friend macsam referred me to your project, he already has a X86 Mac running. He used a regular PC housing for his X86 Mac. But I really got inspired by your Mac Pro housing installation. I was wondering if you could share some pictures of your hardware setup with us, because I was very lucky, I got a Mac Pro housing for a very good price :-) and like to install everything in to it. But as you know, nothing really fits in there in the first way, so it would be a great help to see how you did your installation!

Maybe I just couldn't find some pictures in the forum, because I looked at the wrong place?

Thanks for your help!

Mac Weck

CHeck out this setion of forum

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=46