 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Probably I'm the only one , but i consider a good note to post here.

My bTooth KB(the aluminiun one, but with the old white one same music..) is working with my Leo 10.5.2 (working station I got used daily) and even on a Kaly updated to 10.5.3 with the combo update itself; so my prob is all about the special keys on the kboard (music , forward, exposé and so on) , that after sleep on waked pc up aren't working anymore.Everything else is working as expected.The menubar bar BlueTooth icon says "Bluetooth no available" even if the kboard is typing good.

Any ideas ?

p.s. I am using 9.2 Toh kernel but Ithink it's the same with the vanilla..

Probably I'm the only one , but i consider a good note to post here.

My bTooth KB(the aluminiun one, but with the old white one same music..) is working with my Leo 10.5.2 (working station I got used daily) and even on a Kaly updated to 10.5.3 with the combo update itself; so my prob is all about the special keys on the kboard (music , forward, exposé and so on) , that after sleep on waked pc up aren't working anymore.Everything else is working as expected.The menubar bar BlueTooth icon says "Bluetooth no available" even if the kboard is typing good.

Any ideas ?

p.s. I am using 9.2 Toh kernel but Ithink it's the same with the vanilla..

By using latest Retail 10.5.3 install and Vanilla kernel 9.3.0

No issue with Bluetooth keyboard after waking from sleep all special keys working.

So how do you get rid of the preference pane it does seem to have an uninstaller and deleting it from the system does not do it? Other than allowing me to shutdown all it did was kill off the iStat menu program so I rather not have it installed at all.

here you go.uninstall with CHUD remover

CHUD_Remover.zip

By using latest Retail 10.5.3 install and Vanilla kernel 9.3.0

No issue with Bluetooth keyboard after waking from sleep all special keys working.

Hi Karaakeha1 nice to see you active as usual :D , thanks for your fast answer.

When u say the retail 10.5.3 , you mean the last comboupdate I hope , seen I'm just using a retail right now and I don't want to reinstall my favorite partition (10.5.2)

I have two internal hard drives, on disk1 I have kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is working fine, I followed the instruction and installed the retail DVD to the second internal drive. When I reboot I can only boot the kalyway on the first drive. I tried hitting F8, during boot prompt, but the second drive does not show up as a choice, how do I boot onto the drive I put the retail version on?

karaakeha1 thank you so much for your awesome work, you are definitely my idol!

I've got a GA-P35-DS3P with a E6750, 4GB of memory and a 8800GT with 512MB.

It is totally working! Sleep, shut down, CI/QE/dual display...

Thanks a lot :)

I have two internal hard drives, on disk1 I have kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is working fine, I followed the instruction and installed the retail DVD to the second internal drive. When I reboot I can only boot the kalyway on the first drive. I tried hitting F8, during boot prompt, but the second drive does not show up as a choice, how do I boot onto the drive I put the retail version on?

you need to make sure your retail drive is the boot Drive

during boot press F12(for any Gigabyte board ) , than you would get options , after this select hard drive you want to boot from

during boot press F12(for any Gigabyte board ) , than you would get options , after this select hard drive you want to boot from

What is that "Apple Raid 2.0" in your sig karaakeha1?

I don't have a Gigabyte board, is there some way to add the drive to the boot option for whatever the boot manager is currently being used (kalyway)?

I am running Leopard on Striped RAID (AppleRAID 2.0)

Nice! Is that the software Raid from OSX or hardware raid?

I'm asking this because your results in xbench are :):):blink:

If not, do you have hardware raid or tested this? What were the results of that 'experience'

Nice! Is that the software Raid from OSX or hardware raid?

I'm asking this because your results in xbench are :blink::blink::blink:

If not, do you have hardware raid or tested this? What were the results of that 'experience'

Software Raid

karaakeha1 thank you so much for your awesome work, you are definitely my idol!I've got a GA-P35-DS3P with a E6750, 4GB of memory and a 8800GT with 512MB.It is totally working! Sleep, shut down, CI/QE/dual display...Thanks a lot ;)
I'm glad it worked for you ;)
Thx for instruction! Now the shutdown works. But what is the problem, because I found this on real macs too.
You asked about server what you need Same as for retail Leopard Same kexts and fixesjust use Leopard server Retail DVD

v2.0

Sorry for that stupid question, I just found it in another post. Thanks!

Is your (software) raid faster than a hardware raid? I was planning to buy a raid pci-express card based on sil3132 to speed up a bit but when I see your scores :huh: . I'm planning to make a raid with 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB (WD6400AAKS). But what is this raid on osx? 2 partitions seen as 2 separate HD combined in osx as RAID or still 2 separated HD combined to make a raid?

Sorry for that stupid question, I just found it in another post. Thanks!

Is your (software) raid faster than a hardware raid? I was planning to buy a raid pci-express card based on sil3132 to speed up a bit but when I see your scores :thumbsdown_anim: . I'm planning to make a raid with 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB (WD6400AAKS). But what is this raid on osx? 2 partitions seen as 2 separate HD combined in osx as RAID or still 2 separated HD combined to make a raid?

2 Separate Hard Drives

I have two WD 320GB

with two WD6400AAKS your score would be way better than mine.

because I have WD6400AAKS with single its score is around 100-105 as compare to 80-85 of WD320

When i try to boot Leopard 10.5.1 retail i get this error. ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure. It pauses there for a min or two and then reboots. I have been reading other topic's about that error and have not found a fix for the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Just Updated guide for RAID installation with no more requirement for Separate Boot Loader Partition

As Chameleon EFI Native Support for the RAID .

I installed in three Disk Striped Raid My latest Hard Drive score now is 199 jumped from single disk 85 and total score 269

20toyfd.jpg

2a7crqv.jpg