Playstation for iPhone

Numberzz

29 posts in this topic

Yes, you read that title correctly. Someone has almost finished making a Playstation emulator for the iPhone. Now, the first thing you might say is: "THERE IS NO WAY THE IPHONE IS FAST ENOUGH LOL!!1" That is where you are wrong: the original Playstation actually has a 33MHz processor, which is slower than the one found on the iPhone. The iPhone also has more RAM. Beside from the controls, which the developer says will look different, it is looking pretty good.

snap_033252.jpg

Hopefully not what it will look like

Full Story

the iPhone may have a faster processor but it is an emulator not a virtualiser which means the resources required would be far greater than the original system plus the iPhone os and the emulator are using those resources too so its probably best not to chuck out the playstation just yet. Still one to look out for though. LOL@ the mock up

I agree with krazubu on the matter. A piece of hardware is specifically designed to do something. The iPhone while with larger specs is not designed to play PS games. I'm not saying that the iPhone's speed sucks, its just that it won't work; try to play NFS on gpSPHONE.... It's pretty crappy. The gameboy was probably slower than a 486 and it doesn't run faster on non OEM stuffs. Even the NES app glitches here and there. Just my opinion......

I agree with krazubu on the matter. A piece of hardware is specifically designed to do something. The iPhone while with larger specs is not designed to play PS games. I'm not saying that the iPhone's speed sucks, its just that it won't work; try to play NFS on gpSPHONE.... It's pretty crappy. The gameboy was probably slower than a 486 and it doesn't run faster on non OEM stuffs. Even the NES app glitches here and there. Just my opinion......

i'm playing gba roms with the gpSPhone 1.1.2 and i can say that they run very very well...so i think that, the iphone and the ipod touch could run the psx emulator