Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

YMMV but what I did was this:

KNOW WHAT THESE COMMANDS DO BEFORE YOU TYPE THEM. It's not my fault if this doesn't work for you, and it's certainly not my fault if you do not know what rm -r does and you mistype a path.

1. I had a complete backup of my extensions folder in /extbackup (please do something similar once you get your system stable with EACH update, will make your life so much easier in the future). To do this, make sure you use cp -Rp to copy permissions.....

2. sudo -s

3. rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/*ATI*

4. cp -Rp /extbackup/*ATI* /System/Library/Extensions

4.5 (change ownership and permissions if necessary, I didn't need to)

5. rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

6. rebooted

7. crossed fingers, then smiled.

Any 10.5.5 Support ?

10.5.5 updates OpenGL.framework and this makes current X1950Pro 10.5.3 drivers unusable.

I was able to restore it by copying this framework from 10.5.2 drivers.

Hey Bronya, any chance to update drivers to make them work with new OpenGL.framework from 10.5.5 update?

same thing...

ATI x1950 GT id 7288...

no QE/CI both on 10.5.2 and 10.5.4

Well same thing here exept, that when i use iDaneb 10.5.4 it works fine just cant get this work with Kalyway 10.5.2, with other drivers it does not give the power adapter nag but same thing, no QE/CI.

System :

Core 2 E7200

MSI P35 Neo-F (with cores=1 fix).

2Gb of OCZ DDR-800 Memory

Sapphire Radeon X1950GT 256Mb (7288), no QE/CI

10.5.5 updates OpenGL.framework and this makes current X1950Pro 10.5.3 drivers unusable.

I was able to restore it by copying this framework from 10.5.2 drivers.

Hey Bronya, any chance to update drivers to make them work with new OpenGL.framework from 10.5.5 update?

Hi,

Can you please send me those older Opengl.framework file? I need to fix it also.

And please tell me exactly how you restored it.

Hi,

Can you please send me those older Opengl.framework file? I need to fix it also.

And please tell me exactly how you restored it.

You must be running 10.5.5 already. If you install drivers then update, you will overwrite OpenGL.framework and will need to reinstall drivers.

Steps to fix: Open the very 1st post on this thread. Grab Bronya's X1950 drivers for both Leo 10.5.2 and 10.5.3. Install 10.5.2 drivers. Then install 10.5.3 drivers, repair permissions, reboot and you are ready to go.

I fixed it! Thanks all.

This is what i have done. In safe mode I downloaded the OSX 10.5.4 Combo update (more than 500 mb) and then I extracted with Pacifist (pkg explorer) the OpenGL.framework map into my OSX\System\Library\Framework map. ( no need to set permissions)

I installed the videocard drivers again (described in the post of me above) and restarted.

I am running now 10.5.5 with patched Ati x9150 pro drivers and the OpenGL.framework file of 10.5.4!

Yes, as Bronya said earlier today "please wait". Its a few posts back.

Ok so chill! :)

I wish his English was better and he could explain how he does it, I would love to learn the trick to patching the drivers

Thanks Bronya for your hard work! I thought i was going to have to buy a new video card!

I fixed it!

This is what i have done. In safe mode I downloaded the OSX 10.5.4 Combo update (more than 500 mb) and then I extracted with Pacifist (pkg explorer) the OpenGL.framework map into my OSX\System\Library\Framework map. ( no need to set permissions)

I installed the videocard drivers again (described in the post of me above) and restarted.

I am running now 10.5.5 with patched Ati x9150 pro drivers and the OpenGL.framework file of 10.5.4!

this doesn´t work on my System, just for information;

by the way, big THX to bronya for his great work ;)

Hi there Bronya,

I've updated the drivers and OpenGL framework for 10.5.5 and installed your drivers. It doesn't work on my PowerColor X1950Pro AGP card, it does boot up but all I get is a blue screen and I can move the mouse around but no desktop. My card uses dual-dvi, and I use a converter from dvi to vga in order to connect to my monitor.

Can you help?

Thanks.

EDIT: IT WORKS!!! I've managed to make a combination of your drivers and other drivers and I now have a fully working X1950PRO AGP card working and recognized as AGP!!! I'll post ASAP the files for those that are interested :) Thank you so much Bronya!

Ok, here are the files I used after upgrading my Leopard to 10.5.5 (just the OpenGL.framework - which is included with latest Bronya's drivers - and the drivers):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dxs6hr

Enjoy. Feel free to add it to the first post Bronya, I think many AGP users of X1950Pro will be thankfull :)

Some proof:

post-67889-1221948064_thumb.png

Ok, here are the files I used after upgrading my Leopard to 10.5.5 (just the OpenGL.framework - which is included with latest Bronya's drivers - and the drivers):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dxs6hr

Enjoy. Feel free to add it to the first post Bronya, I think many AGP users of X1950Pro will be thankfull :)

Some proof:

Ok , i add driver . )))