Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

So I installed AGPGart 2.7.1 (the latest) and my card is recognized as AGP as expected.

Unfortunatly I can't get my Powercolor X1950PRO 256MB AGP dual DVI (7280 1002, revision 009a) to work properly and I don't know what to do.

If I install the latest package from you Bronya 10.5.3(9D34), it boots up but then I'm left with a blue screen, I can see the mouse and move it around but no desktop. In order to get the desktop, if I press the power button of my computer, and then back on, I get the desktop but the screen is locked up and I can't interact with the desktop.

I've tried many combinations, using previous versions of your drivers, using jccools drivers gives me control over the desktop, but no QE :lol:

Can you help?

From jccools work control over the desktop , ok . You no tried my ATINDRV.kext ? If you use my ATINDRV.kext , then should work QE/CI )))

From jccools work control over the desktop , ok . You no tried my ATINDRV.kext ? If you use my ATINDRV.kext , then should work QE/CI )))

Well, it booted fine, but still no QE/CI. I'll try to remove AGPGart and see what happens.

EDIT: nothing changed :soldiers: I don't get it...

Well, it booted fine, but still no QE/CI. I'll try to remove AGPGart and see what happens.

EDIT: nothing changed :) I don't get it...

Probably that at you not the native:

You should have original kext's from original dvd :

1)OpenGL.frameworks

2)ATIRNDRV.kext or ATINDRV.kext

3)ATIRadeonX1000.kext

4)ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

5)ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

6)ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

7)IONDRVSupport.kext

8)IOGraphicsFamily.kext

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You no should skip the it kext .

P.S. If you delete natit.kext , then work qe/ci ????

Probably that at you not the native:

You should have original kext's from original dvd :

1)OpenGL.frameworks

2)ATIRNDRV.kext or ATINDRV.kext

3)ATIRadeonX1000.kext

4)ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

5)ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

6)ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

7)IONDRVSupport.kext

8)IOGraphicsFamily.kext

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You no should skip the it kext .

P.S. If you delete natit.kext , then work qe/ci ????

Hum... i no longer have the original kext's :) since I removed them...

Can you provide a package already built for AGP devices? Please :(

What drivers are safe and stable to "Sapphire ati radeon X1950 pro" 0x7280?

i think i sould install iatkos v4 10.5.4 to my computer what kernel sould i choose to get it stable with my ati card.

i have try a lot of drivers and 1-2 have workt but they say "connect the cable to the card" when its in .

Its work with Kalayway 10.5.2 sould i upgrade to 5.4 =/?

Hi

I installed this in 10.5.4 and all go fine, QE/CI, etc...but in games i get low fps p.ex: doom 3 or Wolfenstein ¿is this normal?

This is a screen of the graphics setup, the ID Revision is 0x0000 ¿is all ok?

Sorry for me bad english.

imagen1qe0.jpg

I have an ATIx1950XT card running great on a dual screen extended dekstop (1680x1050 and 1280x1024)

Only problem is the fan running at full speed all the time.

Is there a fix for this?

I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 driver on the install DVD, and upgraded to 10.5.3 using the combo update.

Thanks

Paul

Asus P5W-DH

Dual Core 2.4Ghz

2 GB DDR2

ATIx1950XT dual screen

dual boot using ICH7R

- XP running on intel matrix raid (2 x 250mb)

- OSX running on non-raid SATA disk (1 x 250mb)

ATI Radeon X1900 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1900

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7240

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: ATYinject X1900 0.0.1

Displays:

DELL E207WFP:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

L1710B:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

I have an ATIx1950XT card running great on a dual screen extended dekstop (1680x1050 and 1280x1024)

Only problem is the fan running at full speed all the time.

Is there a fix for this?

Take a look @ Bronyas first post: If fan noisy , download http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18822

Should solve you problem :)

and now my problem:

I tried to get my Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB AGP 7280 working with this, and combined with the Jcool methode and so on.

I used the Lawless 10.5.4 AMD install but I got bluescreens, bluescreens with ATI power cord message, kernel panics and so on

But there are a few 1950Pro 512 AGP owners with working setups out there.. so PLS can anyone tell me exactly how you got your cards working?

THX

Hey Bronya, I have been out of the OSX86 thing for some time, The last time I checked this thread was 10.5.1 driver. It was 38 pages and you said you are retiring from driver. Was sad reading that because without you no good drivers and QI/CI for 1950 folks.

Good to see you still here and supporting this driver. Good stuff. Just updated 10.5.4 and installed your driver for 10.5.3 from page 1, working out of the box without issues. Thanks.

so wormy would work through dvi>vga dual screens?

Polymere, try this pack

atiradeonx1950pro_dmitrik_Edited.zip

If I use this files, I do get QE/CI working but my menu is completly transparent (like if its not there, I can read the letters and icons, but cannot see the menu), also the screensavers don't work...

Any ideas?

I'm not using natit or agpgart, if I do, MacOS doesn't even boot...

PowerColor X1950PRO AGP dual DVI 0x72801002 : 009a

Take a look @ Bronyas first post: If fan noisy , download http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18822

Should solve you problem :)

Hello,

In fact the problem of the noisy fan with the natit_prionace driver seems to be working only with the X1950 PRO ATI cards and not with the X1950XTX.

Has anybody been able to have a silently working X1950XTX ????

I am desperate... :wub:

Francois.

I've got PowerColor x1950pro AGP and so far I've been able to activate QE/CI but there are bugs...

Here:

post-67889-1219352059_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I've got no menu on the top, and also screensavers don't work. I've used dmitrik_Edited. What can be done to fix this? :)

I've got PowerColor x1950pro AGP and so far I've been able to activate QE/CI but there are bugs...

Here:

As you can see, I've got no menu on the top, and also screensavers don't work. I've used dmitrik_Edited. What can be done to fix this? :)

Yes. You should install the driver for this version , no wrong version . One , you should install OpenGL.framework for this version system ! NO WRONG VERSION ... !

Yes. You should install the driver for this version , no wrong version . One , you should install OpenGL.framework for this version system ! NO WRONG VERSION ... !

Hum... I see. So I should not mix drivers from 10.5.3 with 10.5.4...

Ok, I'm downloading http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...omboupdate.html and take from it the OpenGL.framework and install it in 10.5.4 and see if it works.

Thanks for the help :(

Same X1950 GT ID 7288 not working yet, Sapphire X1950GT 512mb, external power adapter nag on screen, resolutions can set well but no QE/CI enabled, 72a8 primary 7288 secondry revision IdD 0x009a EFI driver version "01.00.140", tried the "natit update" still didn`t solve it :) tried all drivers, also my mac is 10.5.4 but drivers install well.

Same X1950 GT ID 7288 not working yet, Sapphire X1950GT 512mb, external power adapter nag on screen, resolutions can set well but no QE/CI enabled, 72a8 primary 7288 secondry revision IdD 0x009a EFI driver version "01.00.140", tried the "natit update" still didn`t solve it :P tried all drivers, also my mac is 10.5.4 but drivers install well.

same thing...

ATI x1950 GT id 7288...

no QE/CI both on 10.5.2 and 10.5.4

Hi, Bronya.

Big thx for your work, but my 1950pro 256mb (7280) not work, I have resolution menu, but QE/CI not work. Kalyway 10.5.2.

------------------------

Bronya, all thx. All work.

Install OS from 0, dont use any driver at installation. After choose right driver for build my OS 9C7010 and QE/CI begin work.

• 3 weeks later...
Any 10.5.5 Support ?

After updating to 10.5.5 today, i have nog QE support anymore....

Does someone know how to fix this? I tried to put back the old drivers.

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

ATIRNDRV.kext

Natit.kext

But it doesn't fix the problem.