Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hi, Bronya!

Can you help, plz (pomogi plz)) )?

My OS version 10.5.2 (9c7010) - Leo4Allv3 (Core2Duo)

Video - PCI-E ATI RadeonX1950 pro (0x7280) 512Mb

I tryed to install divers in post#1 manually - i.e using rm -R ..., cp -R..., chown..., chmod...

after reboot - black screen

when reboot with -s and remove installed drivers - MAC loads, but video card isn't recognized - only "ATI series"

I searched this forum and tryed efi GFX String solution - isn't work: black screen after reboot

I really dont know what to do... :)

Muzhik, viruchai)

Hi all,

I recently updated from 10.5.1 (Kalyway) to 10.5.3 (Kalyway combo update), did the vanilla kernel update.

If i remember correctly, my bios setting was to AHCI for sata before the update and after the update there is no way i can use AHCI because it becomes AWFULLY SLOW.

Anyway, except for that, it seems to be running smoothly except that there is no QE/CI with the bronya driver. (7280)

Is that normal behavior?

BTW my system is based on P5W-DH.

Is there something i missed?

Thanks

Just a quick question, has anybody else notice an important delay in boot time after installing x1950 pro drivers?

In my case after the Apple logo the screen just sits blue for about 20-30 seconds before showing the desktop. That doesn't happen if I don't install the driver.

Also it seems is a Leopard only issue, there is no delay in Tiger.

HI !

I have DVD Kalyway ! I found problem , but no problem Kalyway , a one problem it is yours the hand's curves!!!!!

I updated driver in post #1 and there no should be problem ! Try Driver "!" !

VooD, yeah , because after install deleted cache and in start 20-30 sec . Because auto create and install new cache and configure system !

vcarriere, i have AHCI , but i patched driver AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext for IDE and work without AHCI !!! In bios disable AHCI and work perfect and accellerated .

FizFiz, Ty obnovlai to 10.5.3 i net problem !

VooD, yeah , because after install deleted cache and in start 20-30 sec . Because auto create and install new cache and configure system !

Yep, that sounds logical at first boot after installing the driver, but the problem is the delay happens everytime you boot and is not the one caused to create the kextcache file. The delay happens just after the apple logo screen, then the screen sits blue for 20-30 seconds with very high disk activity, and then shows the desktop.

If I don't install the driver this doesn't happen, also 10.4.11 doesn't show this behaviour.

Thanks for answering

Yep, that sounds logical at first boot after installing the driver, but the problem is the delay happens everytime you boot and is not the one caused to create the kextcache file. The delay happens just after the apple logo screen, then the screen sits blue for 20-30 seconds with very high disk activity, and then shows the desktop.

If I don't install the driver this doesn't happen, also 10.4.11 doesn't show this behaviour.

Thanks for answering

If install any driver , then 20-30 sec ... After reboot -f -v and normal start !

Hello,

I have tryed your drivers, they are great but I have a problems:

After Installing I only get blue screen and nothing but cursor. OS is here (I can find spot where to write login info etc), bu only I can see blue screen. 

I have also these problems but it seems it was only because bad installation first time:

1) I cant change resolution and most importantly refresh rate (60Hz is horrible).

2) I have artifacts on screen. When I am moving mouse some weird objects stays on screen.

Can please someone help me? I have found some answers on that but I cant completely understand it. So some step by step guide would be fine...

Many thanks

I have installed new pack for 7288 on kalyway 10.5.1 update to 10.5.3 without graphical update (I haven't internet on osx86 machines) and I get these resulties:

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

QE is ok only when I install natit.ktext and these artifact are only with natit.ktext

this is my board:

Modello Chipset: ATY,RadeonX1900 Series

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

Larghezza Lane PCIe: x16

VRAM (totale): 512 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x7288

ID revisione: 0x009a

Someone can help me? :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks!

Carlo.

Hey. Firstly I think I installed the wrong one originally (The driver for Leopard 10.5.1 : ATI_x1950_7288_LEO.zip ( 901.91K ) Number of downloads: 1074)

My gfx card is an x1950 pro

I've got a nice picture of a graphics card in the middle of my screen with a flashing power connector. How can I uninstall this driver?

Secondly what driver do I actually need, and can somebody upload it somewhere that isn't rapidshare because I can never get past the cat thing, and when i do it tells me I need javascript (which i have on all my browsers). And also I have apparently reached my 'free' limit.

Can anyone help me please?

Anyone can help me with that blue screen thing? I only can see blue screen after boot. System is in background (but I can see it). Sometimes switch off and on power button helps, but most of time system freeze and there also isnt hardware acc. support.

My CPU is AMD A64 and Graphic ATI 1950pro ID=7280 and I am using Kalaway 10.5.2 OSx install disc and 10.5.2 drivers (08.05.2008) from first page.

I have tryed to install graphic update, but its still the same. Now I am reinstalling OSx for the 3rd time :blink:(

Anyone can help me with that blue screen thing? I only can see blue screen after boot. System is in background (but I can see it). Sometimes switch off and on power button helps, but most of time system freeze and there also isnt hardware acc. support.

have you tried starting with -x and repair permission?

Thank you for reply, but it didnt help. Even when booting with -x I get blue sceen. I tryed "diskutil repairpermissions /" but it didnt help.

Today after I installed OSx I also installed these ATI drivers. After first restart with -v -f I get QE and 3D acc, but only 1024@60Hz and cant change it. After next restart (normal one) I get 1024@85Hz and can change resolution but there were blue screen and NO QE / 3D acc at all. Also when I change resolution I get blue screen back, so it seems that bug is connected with changeing screen resolution... 

I have also tryed AMD updater (to update to 10.5.3.), but didnt work for me. So now I have OSx 10.5.2 with blue screen bug and no QE :((

Any other sugestions please, please?

Hi, today i installed the 10.5.3 version and my video card (radeon x1900 gt) work without qe/ci!

Unbeliveble for me, because when i had 10.5.1 installed it works fine!

Please give me a quick response so I can resolve my problems! Thanks

Maybe problem install OpenGL.framework.

1) Mac Osx Update 10.5.3.

2) Install from pacifist OpenGL.framework from Mac Osx 10.5.3 .

3) Install driver for 10.5.3 .

4) repair permissions .

5) ;)

If no work , checkup your ID !

Hi everyone,

I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1 with an Intel DQ965 GF motherboard and an Ati Radeon X1950 pro. So i've downloaded the Kalyway_10.5.1 driver. But what do I have to do then? Which kext do I need to put into /System/Library/Extensions, what do I have to type into the terminal? Srry if this is a nooby question, but i'm totally new for this.

Today I finally managed to install 10.5.3 update (I have AMD so it wasnt that easy :) ). I have also tryed Bronyas guide from post above. But I am still getting blue screen after booting. Now I cant even recover from sleep mode (or whatever it is after pressing power button) what was before only way how to solve blue screen after reboot (now only uninstalling drivers help).

My graphic card is Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950PRO (RV570) 512MB 256-bit AGP8x (DEV_ID from Windows = 7280)

I would really like to have my card fully working with MacOSx so please, can someone tell me any other ideas. If it helps, it seems like resolution problem (or problem with Natit.kext), because as I said before, with low resolutin and refresh rate (1204x768@60Hz) (=when I remove Natit.kext) it works (without blue screen and also with QE/OpenGL support).

Thanks

spellshaper, yep , problem natit. no supported for agp :( . The problem IONDRVSupport.kext . You try change to old from 10.4.7 ! :DDD

You try natit for Alopias .

P.S. You try flash bios from 1950 pci - e :DDD

Windows04, you update to 10.5.3 and install on terminal run the script "load.command".

Hi, Bronya again!

Can you help me, please?

How I sad recently, my system params

:Leo4allv3finall 10.5.2 (9C7010), kernel - darwin 9.2.2

PCI-E ATI x1950 pro 512 Mb (0x7280)

The problem is that my graphic card is recognized as "ATI 1950 series", all 512Mb are ok, but QE/CI do not work.Now such kext are used (I already don't remember where I got it. I attach some of them just in case):

1. ATINDRV.kxet

2. ATIRadeonGA.plugin

3. ATIRadeonGLDriver.bundle

4. ATIRadeonX1000.kext

5. ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

6. ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

7. Natit.kext

without natit evething is bad.

I have read this thread and tryed such solutions(listed in this thread):

1."08.05.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c7010) for 7280"

2. Ati_x1950GT_Pro.mpkg.zip

3 atiradeonx1950pro_dmitrik_Edited.zip4 x1950pro_7280_scrz.zip

but in best case, graphic card is recognized and worked without CI/QE.

I also tried to insert in atiradeonx1000.kext/contents/info.plist in IOPCIMATCH key my Dev_ID - doesnot work.

I aslo tried "You can use the native resolution with QE/CI by editing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and adding a key "Graphics Mode" followed by a string "1600x1200x32". You still cannot change resolutions on the fly, but who really needs to"(from some hackintosh forum), and during darwin boot resolution is 1600x1200,but there is no QE.

Last, I tried to use gfx string (but i have MBR, and do not know, will it works or no).

I used this manual with its ATI.plis, but I added there info from natit during boot (from console->system log->natit)

localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @1,device_type=display
kernel[0]: NatitX1900: Setting model=Radeon X1950 Series
kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,Alopias
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,display-connect-flags=0x00000400
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,name=ATY,Alopias
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,display-connect-flags=0x00000400
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,AlopiasParent
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=ATY,Alopias
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,Alopias
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display
kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=ATI Radeon X1950 Series
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Starting.
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting ATY,EFIOrientation=02
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @0,device_type=display
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,*
kernel[0]: NatitX1900: Setting @1,display-connect-flags=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @1,name=ATY,Wormy
kernel[0]: NatitX1900: Setting @0,display-connect-flags=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting device_type=ATY,*Parent
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @0,name=ATY,Wormy
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,*
kernel[0]: NatitX1900: Setting @0,fboffset=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: NatitX1900: Setting @1,fboffset=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: NatitX1800: Setting @1,device_type=display
kernel[0]: NatitX1900: Setting model=Radeon X1950 Series

this is from my last reboot, when I try to add it in plist, secondary was ATY, Alopias too.

And how you can note, I also tryed natit_wormy and natit_alopias.

All this didn't helpI don't know, maybe this info can help you:

1) my DevicePath=PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)

2) PCI0@0 _UID=1

display: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/pci-bridge@1/IOPCI2PCIBridge/display@0,1

more see in attached images and all this thing do not work!!!!

Maybe I am a fu**ing {censored} or just unlucky, but it mades me crazyYou advised me to insltall 10.5.3 and enjoy, but I am not sure that I can f*ck my brain anymore cause I guess, it will be not so easy.

can you help me, without installing 10.5.3 update,please?

pics from ioregestry:

Natit.kext.zip

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

ATINDRV.kext.zip

post-203745-1214397191_thumb.jpg

post-203745-1214397200_thumb.jpg

Hi, Bronya again!

Can you help me, please?

How I sad recently, my system params

:Leo4allv3finall 10.5.2 (9C7010), kernel - darwin 9.2.2

PCI-E ATI x1950 pro 512 Mb (0x7280)

The problem is that my graphic card is recognized as "ATI 1950 series", all 512Mb are ok, but QE/CI do not work.Now such kext are used (I already don't remember where I got it. I attach some of them just in case):

1. ATINDRV.kxet

2. ATIRadeonGA.plugin

3. ATIRadeonGLDriver.bundle

4. ATIRadeonX1000.kext

5. ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

6. ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

7. Natit.kext

without natit evething is bad.

I have read this thread and tryed such solutions(listed in this thread):

1."08.05.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c7010) for 7280"

2. Ati_x1950GT_Pro.mpkg.zip

3 atiradeonx1950pro_dmitrik_Edited.zip4 x1950pro_7280_scrz.zip

but in best case, graphic card is recognized and worked without CI/QE.

I also tried to insert in atiradeonx1000.kext/contents/info.plist in IOPCIMATCH key my Dev_ID - doesnot work.

I aslo tried "You can use the native resolution with QE/CI by editing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and adding a key "Graphics Mode" followed by a string "1600x1200x32". You still cannot change resolutions on the fly, but who really needs to"(from some hackintosh forum), and during darwin boot resolution is 1600x1200,but there is no QE.

Last, I tried to use gfx string (but i have MBR, and do not know, will it works or no).

I used this manual with its ATI.plis, but I added there info from natit during boot (from console->system log->natit)

this is from my last reboot, when I try to add it in plist, secondary was ATY, Alopias too.

And how you can note, I also tryed natit_wormy and natit_alopias.

All this didn't helpI don't know, maybe this info can help you:

1) my DevicePath=PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)

2) PCI0@0 _UID=1

display: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/pci-bridge@1/IOPCI2PCIBridge/display@0,1

more see in attached images and all this thing do not work!!!!

Maybe I am a fu**ing {censored} or just unlucky, but it mades me crazyYou advised me to insltall 10.5.3 and enjoy, but I am not sure that I can f*ck my brain anymore cause I guess, it will be not so easy.

can you help me, without installing 10.5.3 update,please?

pics from ioregestry:

Hi !

lol !

You use monitor with vga , no dvi ?

Your DevicePath it is PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) !!! You see : no PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1) <- it bad !

1) if no work QE/CI , but you need for 10.5.1 . Ok .

2) reinstall update 10.5.1 . Then instal my driver for 10.5.1 ! And you change natit.kext to you natit.kext with ATY,Wormy !

3) -f -v !

4) if again no work QE/CI , then you install from pacifist OpenGL.framework from "update combo Mac OsX 10.5.1 " ! And try !

5) again if no work QE/CI , you checkup and see in system profiler , in "Extensions" show "ATIRadeonX1000.kext" ???

The ATIRadeonX100.kext - it is QE/CI ! No problem from natit.kext with ATY,Wormy !

Recommended install update 10.5.3 - it is stable work driver . No Difficultly ;)

spellshaper, you try instal another old IONDRVSupport.kext :). And try natit or ATYinject.kext :)

Great thx for answer!!!! But I stiil have some problem:

1. monitor is used through DVI-to-D Sub connector cause its DVI In is crashed. I waiting for service center soon

2. I think it will be hard to uninstall 10.5.1 update cause i installed my mac from Leo4All DVD, and it is already 10.5.2.

And I do not install any updates. Thats why i have nothing to uninstall.

3. ok, i try this path now. but its strange - gfxutil -f display shows that it is right ;)

Great thx for answer!!!! But I stiil have some problem:

1. monitor is used through DVI-to-D Sub connector cause its DVI In is crashed. I waiting for service center soon

2. I think it will be hard to uninstall 10.5.1 update cause i installed my mac from Leo4All DVD, and it is already 10.5.2.

And I do not install any updates. Thats why i have nothing to uninstall.

3. ok, i try this path now. but its strange - gfxutil -f display shows that it is right ;)

Yeah gfxstring no correct !

Correct work the it is EFIStudio !

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.60.html

You install 10.5.2 , then no recommended install driver for 10.5.1 . Try update to 10.5.3 :)

hmmm..... "it was unexpectedly")

I tryed to use new DevicePath: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Inserted it in ati.plist, generate ati.hex, and paste its contains in com.apple.boot.plist

change permissions to 644 to com.apple.boot.plist

delete extensions.mkext

reboot (do not delete natit) - it is do not load, stoped during natit config

-s, delete natit,extensions.mkext, reboot.

It is strange, but it is stoped booting during natit settings (what fuc*ng natit - I have delete it and cache???)

reboot, -s, replace old com.apple.boot.plist - aaaaand(!!!)- kernel panic.

It is some error in atiradeonx1000.kext.

after that I replaced all files, which can be connected with graphic card (ie atirndrv.kext,ga,gl...) - it's strange, but i do not change them before. replace another time com.apple.boot.plistreboot - and I am here, with "ATI Radeon x1950 Series" and without QE 8(I see my systempreferences-extensions. it is strange, but there are no any ati files, expect ATY_Wormy. In attached file - this is a template of ati.plist for generation gfx.

UPD:

yes, I know this program.but there is no templates for 1950. I tryed to add device, but display added with wrong DevicePath.in xml I edit it, but I'm not shure in this util. gfxutil is more reliable thing, I think.

ok, I gone to reboot with EFIStudio string.

UPD UPD:

add new device in EFIStudio(monitor), change its DevicePath. Generate hex, copy to com.apple...

delete natit, reboot.

Booting stops at the moment, where early were natit settings, but now there is nothing. (to say truth, I was glad to see, that there is no any natit setting there. I successfully delete it with third time :D ).

now I use old com.apple... and old natit. still without QE.

I begin think about 10.5.3 more and more. But I hope...

ATI.plist.zip

Big thanx!!!

I use your ATI.plist - with new com.apple.boot.plist - my system restart much faster) and do not stoped during rebooting.

but now there is no QE, and only 256 MB video memory of 512

I replaced my ATIRadeonX1000.kext to your from X1950xxx_10_5_2-9c7010.zip and nothing changes

Now i do not need much video memory, and I agree with faster rebooting and less memory. But there is no QE still.

UPD: I was very suprised when saw in SystemPreferences->Extensions ATIRadeonX1000.kext!!!!

at last time, it was not there.

UPD: fix 256 MB problem by adding in ATI.plist:

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<string>0x20000000</string>

now, it is 512.

I also note my cursor begin to blink on dock. When i use natit - everything was ok. But it is a little problem, I think

WHERE MY QE?? ;)

UPD:

console->sys log->ATI*:

kernel[0]: ATIRadeon::wait_for_rb_space: Overflowed block waiting for FIFO space. Have 2, need 5. RBBM_STATUS 0xb8036100

appears every second. maybe it's problem?