Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Bronya, thanks for the 10.5.3 upgrade. It works great!!! Whatever you did to it, woks! My Hackntosh now loads at full speed without any long pauses on the blue screen before going to the Finder. I also repurchased DisplayConfigX 'cause I lost my original license.

Which files do I need to back up in case I have to do a reinstall I can just load up the video kext files I have now that have been edited by DisplayConfigX?

Okay , tnx :) !

Aries326 , no have to do a reinstall . Once install DisplayConfigX.

You try aty_alopias ? is resolutions list show from aty_alopias ?

Still getting a Grey Screen saying I need to restart after Installing.. am I doing this right?

What I do is..I copy all the files (from the zip) into System/Library/ExtensionsThen I run those commands in Terminal and then Reboot? right?

also I get a popup when i put those files into Extensions saying something It could not be replaced or something (but they do)Please help!

Hi !

"Then I run those commands in Terminal and then Reboot? right? " <- yes auto run reboot .

"It could not be replaced or something " <- you delete atirndrv.kext from /s/l/e and copy new atyrndrv to /s/l/e !

Then repairpermissions .

If "grey screen" , then you install natit for aty_alopias from 1# post ant try . And write here !

Okay , tnx :) !

Aries326 , no have to do a reinstall . Once install DisplayConfigX.

You try aty_alopias ? is resolutions list show from aty_alopias ?

Your driver shows perfect the other resolutions but for some reason, the resolutions didn't fit my screen (a problem with overscan). I had to use displayconfigx to adjust horizontal/vertical front and back porch to get other resolutions to fit my screen. I chose 1360x768 as it allows for the most amount of desktop space.

I tried aty_alopias too but I had the same problem with overscan.

If anyone else has problems with overscan, displayconfigx is the key!!!

For those of you who want a small explanation of overscan, I got this from the displayconfigx website:

How to get rid of overscan?

The following rules might help to reduce over scan (some part of the image is not visible) or under scan (a black border around the image):

Move to top: decrease vertical back porch and increase vertical front porch.

Move to left: decrease horizontal back porch and decrease horizontal front porch.

Move to bottom: increase vertical back porch and decrease vertical front porch.

Move to right: increase horizontal back porch and decrease horizontal front porch.

Make image less tall: increase both vertical porches and decrease vertical active by sum of these porch changes.

Make image less wide: increase both horizontal porches and decrease horizontal active by sum of these porch changes.

Fix the aspect ratio: calculate the desired width in active pixels. E.g. 480 vertical lines at 16:9 yields 16*480/9=854 horizontal pixels. Calculate a scaling factor, the new horizontal active divided by old horizontal active (so in the example 854/720=1.1861). Then multiply all four horizontal values (active, front porch, sync and back porch) with the required factor and round up (preferably to multiples of 8). Keep vertical values and the horizontal frequency as they were.

The syncs don't matter much as long as they are long enough, the beam is not visible during sync. In doubt leave them alone.

Timing relation wise, the totals matter and can affect screen size an timings. When fixing overscan the should be kept the same.

I have dev id 71c1 and I have not been able to get my qe to work with the 10.5.3 update. Any idea's as to what I am doing wrong? I have my dev id in the qtix1000.kext and I got nothing.

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c1

Revision ID: 0x009e

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Displays:

DELL M782:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

I have dev id 71c1 and I have not been able to get my qe to work with the 10.5.3 update. Any idea's as to what I am doing wrong? I have my dev id in the qtix1000.kext and I got nothing.

ATI Radeon X1600:

Displays:

DELL M782:

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

You copy the ATIRadeonX1000.kext to /s/l/e and repairpermissions .

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! YOU DID IT AGAIN!! Simply amazing dude!

Displays:

DELL M782:

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Thanks again man!

HI i've ati x1950 pro pci-express 0x7280 and leopard 10.5.3 updated by kalyway's pkg. I used 10_5_3_9d34.zip . The resolutions work but quartz image, core extreme and rotation didn't run. Someone have any idea fore resolve my problem?

tanks

post-133473-1212701886_thumb.png

To get QE working, I had to sudo, them rm -r all of the extensions that would be loaded from /S/L/E

i.e.

sudo -s rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRNDRV.kext

sudo -s rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext

Then run the load.command

The -s is not necessary, just habit

Now I've reinstall 10.5.2 and next I did update 10.5.3. I put the old 10.5.2 kexts and the video card run correctly but the fan noise is very strong!! If I install natit_prionace the qe and ci not run and the fun noise don't diminish.

Someone have a solution?

thanks for all...

In 10.5.3 10_5_3_9d34.zip ( 752.28K ) not run.. i don't know why...

I install natit_prionace from the topic but the fan noise is egual and I've 2 errors (see the images).

Can you send to me the ATY_PrionaceB?

post-133473-1212829940_thumb.png

post-133473-1212829948_thumb.png

Hey Bronya!

I have ATI X1950XT (id=7244), do you have a driver for that card that supports 10.5.3 update?

Here is what I currently have:

ATI Radeon X1900 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1900

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Device ID: 0x7244

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: ATYinject X1900 0.0.1

Displays:

DELL2407WFPHC:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

DELL 2007FP:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

===============================

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C31)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.2.0

Boot Volume: Leopard

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: Ariel Brener’s Mac Pro

User Name: Ariel Brener (arielbrener)

Time since boot: 1:07

Vanilla Kernel 9.2.0

Cheers!

As a test last night, I did the following with an extra hard disk I have:

Install retail 10.5.0

Install PC_EFI v8

Install 10.5.3 (Kalyway combo, vanilla kernel)

Install Bronya's 10.5.2 drivers

Install all Software Updates

Everything works! I have not tested with upgrading from 10.5.2, but I rarely do an upgrade. All my important stuff is kept on a file server, so I usually reinstall Mac OS the retail/vanilla method with each update.

EDIT: Oh man, nevermind. Didn't see your 10.5.3 driver you posted.

In 10.5.3 10_5_3_9d34.zip ( 752.28K ) not run.. i don't know why...I install natit_prionace from the topic but the fan noise is egual and I've 2 errors (see the images).Can you send to me the ATY_PrionaceB?

You delete ATYInject.kext and install driver ! In ATIRNDRV.kext is ATY_PrionaceB.kext ! You edit info.plist in natit.kext , replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,PrionaceB !

" I've 2 errors (see the images)" <-- yeah ! You no read forum !

The you should write in terminal :

sudo chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

rm -rf /system/library/extensions.mkext reboot !

InorganicMatter, no recommended install driver 10.5.2 on system 10.5.3 ! I checkup !

thefinalprophecy

What file is responsible for the mouse tearing that I am experiencing?

No . Not problem .

My card is id 7280 running in 10.5.3 and QE is working with drivers for version 10.5.2 (9c16).I've tried drivers for 10.5.3 but QE dont'work why?

You delete all atyinject .kext and reinstal driver .

Do you want mean delete all kext ATIRadeonX1000* ATIRNDRV Natit ? Done it but don't work QE.

You no understand .

Delete atyinject.kext ...

Install my driver and checkup in system profiler , in "Extensions" show ATIRadeonX1000.kext ???

Hullo!

Sorry, a total n00b here ;)

I've managed to get OS X installed onto my PC hardware recently (Core2Duo 4400, Sapphire x1950 Pro 512MB, 2GB RAM etc). On first boot an ATI icon showed up in the middle of the screen. I downloaded the 10.5.2 x1950 drivers in the first post, clicked on 'load.command' (or something), then it did something and then restarted. The icon is gone from the middle of the screen but there doesn't seem to be any hardware acceleration- the screensaver is jerky and so are a few other things. Did I do something wrong, or is it not possible to get full support with this card?

Would I be better off with a 7600GS or something?

You no understand .

Delete atyinject.kext ...

Install my driver and checkup in system profiler , in "Extensions" show ATIRadeonX1000.kext ???

I don't have atyinject.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

The system profiler have loaded these kext

ATIRadeonX1000 1.5.22.6 (5280)

ATY_Prionace 1.4.19.00 (1.139)