Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hi !

I added driver in post #1 !

The one driver support for ID's 7288 and 7280 .

Result here :blink: .

I'm using dual displays. QE/CI are working well with the new driver.

10.5.3 is the first release that can do the sleep/wake correctly for me. I was very happy with it yesterday, but without QE/CI.

However, after updating the video driver with Bronya's , after wake I have the same ATI Icon as Wig72 with a flashing part (it looks like the additional power connector failing), and one of my displays isn't working. After restart everything is fine.

Probably you have overwritted both, new (and problably improved) Ati drivers and new (and probably improved) OpenGL framework...I wouldn't had done that if I were you. Is nothing but a potential source of problems.

No problems at all about that man, if i said it working well....then it is working. But i'm totally agree with you about the drivers and framework improvement ;)

Now i'm going to install the new bronya stuff, thanks again bronya!!!! You are really fast.

EDIT: The new driver seems to work perfectly, with little improvement!!! My Xbench scores : 10.5.2 = 190 / 10.5.3 + driver from 10.5.2 = 194 / 10.5.3 + latest driver = 196 :)

Bronya!

Thanks so much for your help! I am still having trouble getting QE post update. What should I do to try to fix. Thanks

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: "01.00.140"

Displays:

L226WT:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

DELL E196FP:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Bronya,

I lost my serial number to displayconfigx and with the new update, I still need the program to get 1360x768 to work with OSX. The author of the program hasn't emailed me back with a new serial number. Is there anyway you can edit your driver using the info I provided in one of my other posts so that 1360x768 is supported in your driver without having to use displayconfigx? Thanks.

If not, I'll just pay the guy for another license.

I find it hard to believe that no one knows how to install drivers? Do i just add these files to System/Library and then go to Terminal and do the commands?

I just double click the load command and that seems to work.

I find it hard to believe that no one knows how to install drivers? Do i just add these files to System/Library and then go to Terminal and do the commands?

Just download the driver, then unzip it. After what you just have to double click the "load.command" file....

That's all.

Bronya!

Thanks so much for your help!

I am still having trouble getting QE post update. What should I do to try to fix.

Thanks

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

I'm having the same issue - downloaded the latest for 9d34, ran load.command, it popped open Terminal as expected, I gave it my pw and saw the scrolly lines as expected, and rebooted as expected - but still no CI/QE.Are there any boot options that might help this?

EDIT: THANK YOU. :censored2: I went back to the original post and followed the instructions at the end - the set that begin with sudo -s.After entering these commands and restarting my system, I have full CI/QE!THANKS! :censored2:

Padman, if you're still having trouble, look at the first post in this thread and try the instructions at the bottom.

Just download the driver, then unzip it. After what you just have to double click the "load.command" file....That's all.
Hey, um I did that and I got the "grey restart screen of death".. does anyone know if the Visiontek ATI X1950 Pro AGP (256) is supported? its ID is 7280. and This is what I did..Installing Leopard (went fine) Downloaded the 10.5.2 updated drivers in this threadRan the "Load.command" then it Restarted automaticallyand when it Rebooted I got that Grey screen telling me I need to Reboot my Mac.

Which Drivers do I need for my card? Running Leopard 10.5.2

d6r.png

I'm still having trouble with the latest drivers, but the drivers that Bronya posted on 8-May work like a charm and even sleep works without the ATI icon coming up in the center of the screen.

mmm.. it's not a boot race problem, but with all that explosion in costs of energy it's very usefull to put in sleep/energy save mode at night or while not using "the beast". don't you think?

Wake/Sleep is not an important feature...osx boots in about 20 seconds in nowadays hardare.

mmm.. it's not a boot race problem, but with all that explosion in costs of energy it's very usefull to put in sleep/energy save mode at night or while not using "the beast". don't you think?

The fast sleep/wake is a sign of OSX superiority for me... I dig it on my Macbook, and the moment it started to work on my Hackintosh was a red letter day.

I appreciate Bronya's work very much, and hope this small problem can be treated somehow...

The may8 update on 10.5.3 caused serious errors for me, system hung.

Hi .

Try the ATIRNDRV.kext .

Copy to folder /system/library/extensions and repair permissions .

The driver work or no work after sleep ...

It works! It works!!! Everything's working fine the first time since I use osx on pc.

Bronya, thank you. You rule! ;)

Now I feel I have a real Mac Pro, with a slightly different chassis.

Hello,

I've tested the new ATIRNDRV.kext, that's work fine here too !!!

It's solved the ATI logo problem when waking up from sleep. (when using Prionace)

There"s no problem when i use the PrionaceB.

I still have problems with USB, it's waking up my computer alone.

Still getting a Grey Screen saying I need to restart after Installing.. am I doing this right? What I do is..

I copy all the files (from the zip) into System/Library/Extensions

Then I run those commands in Terminal and then Reboot? right?

also I get a popup when i put those files into Extensions saying something It could not be replaced or something (but they do)

Please help!

Hi

Im a totally newbie,after some try i can`t get QE Active.

Finally i get this at this way.

1-Install Kalyway 10.5.2 whitout any drivers active on installation.

2-Simply doble click load.command archive of the drivers package,put your user password (you need a password,first time i install leopard whitout root password and can`t install),reboot,enjoy.

Still getting a Grey Screen saying I need to restart after Installing.. am I doing this right? What I do is..

I copy all the files (from the zip) into System/Library/Extensions

Then I run those commands in Terminal and then Reboot? right?

also I get a popup when i put those files into Extensions saying something It could not be replaced or something (but they do)

Please help!

Delete manually all files related to X1000 in the System/Library/Extensions (the sames that in the zip)

then double click the command file, or place the files in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

If you place the files manually run the terminal commands of the first post.

That's sould be ok after that.