Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Antaris,

What kind of monitor are you using with your system? I'm using a LG 42" LCD and I'm still stuck at 1024x768. The other resolutions won't fit on the screen.

Hi !

For information, i'm using Belinea 101925 (19")

=> resolution up to 1600*1280 in millions / actually in 1280*1024 in millions With the last package of Bronya X1950xxx_10_5_2-9c7010 (7280 => dual DVI working).

Cheers.

:P

Antaris

GPU (ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro 256Mb)

Hello Bronya,

I would like to know the difference between ATY_prionace and ATY_prionaceB. I have modify NATIT in order to load PrionaceB and i have run a bench with OpenMark.

I have exactly the same results (16040@1920x1200x32) whith both extensions. Basicly what's the difference between those to KEXT??

Thanks.

ATY_Prionace have Voltage ! ATY_PrionaceB no have Voltage .

Here's what I have so far:

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

EFI Driver Version: "01.00.140"

Displays:

42LC2D-UE:

Resolution: 1344 x 756 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Interlaced: Yes

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Display Connector:

The only way for me to view higher resolutions than 1024x768 is to uncheck Overscan but then the display looks dimmer and there is an approximate 1" black border encompassing my desktop that is unused space. Maybe Macs just weren't made to run on 42" LCDs at these resolutions. :(

Please guys I need help.

Could u please tell me why I get error from 9c7010?

I can not sort it out with this package. Graphic acceleration dosen't work.

Also even if I install other driver my

Div. id . is 8072 instead of 7280 no mention of qe, ci ....., in system profiler.

What the matter?

thanks

Gimmy

Please guys I need help.Could u please tell me why I get error from 9c7010?I can not sort it out with this package. Graphic acceleration dosen't work.Also even if I install other driver myDiv. id . is 8072 instead of 7280 no mention of qe, ci ....., in system profiler.

What the matter?

thanks Gimmy

If installed ATIRadeonX1000.kext in profiler , but no QE/CI , then maybe problem openGL.frameworks. You recommend update install combo_mac_os_x _10.5.2 , and then install my driver and reboot . You write -f -v . !

I checked. atyinject is not installed.

Maybe ATY_Prionace no supported your monitor :\ .

You download DisplayConfigX from http://www.3dexpress.de/ ! You can add number resolution and work :D

But problem , try my ATY_Alopias from post 1 . You edit in info.plist from natit.kext and replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,Alopias.

Hi I just want to clarify something.

I'm running the latest from Kaly with a Pion Pack for the ATI1950pro.

Everythings seems to work fine ecxept for same details on system profiler.

Actually the card is not recognized.Even wih that from my xbench test I'm assuming that all

the accelerations work.

When I tried to install the Bronya's 9c7010 the graphich accelarations seems not to work.

MY CARD IS A EAX1950PRO

Does anyone had the same problem?Which is the best driver for my card?

Thank u so much.

Gimmy

xbenchtest.pdf

If installed ATIRadeonX1000.kext in profiler , but no QE/CI , then maybe problem openGL.frameworks. You recommend update install combo_mac_os_x _10.5.2 , and then install my driver and reboot . You write -f -v . !

Maybe ATY_Prionace no supported your monitor :\ .

You download DisplayConfigX from http://www.3dexpress.de/ ! You can add number resolution and work :blink:

But problem , try my ATY_Alopias from post 1 . You edit in info.plist from natit.kext and replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,Alopias.

I bought DisplayConfigX - it was only $12. I installed the resolution that worked for me under XP but when I restarted the computer, the display stopped working. :P I'll keep trying although I'm not sure I quite understand your instructions "edit in info.plist from natit.kext and replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,Alopias.

"

How do I do that? I'll keep trying for a few weeks. If I can't find a solution, I'll have to buy a NVIDIA board.

I cant use QE :unsure:

I started by installing the "How 14.02.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c31) : 10_5_2_leo.zip", which helped the lack of dualview support and proper resolutions (Mad props for that)

I then tryed to update to the "08.05.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c7010) for 7280 and 7288 !!! : X1950xxx_10_5_2-9c7010.zip update !" today, which first of all gave me problems booting up (Black screen, but a normal bootup is in the background). I eventualle made it work though.

But I still cant use QE..

Oh the text is danish, hope it dosnt matter -_-

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset-model:	ATI Radeon X1950 Series
 Type:	Skærm
 Bus:	PCIe
 Kortplads:	Slot-1
 Bredde på PCIe-kanal:	x16
 VRAM (i alt):	512 MB
 Producent:	ATI (0x1002)
 Enheds-id:	0x7280
 Revision-id:	0x009a
 EFI-driverversion:	"01.00.140"
 Skærm:
E92f+-2:
 Opløsning:	1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
 Dybde:	32 bit farver
 Core Image:	Software
 Hovedskærm:	Ja
 Dublering:	Fra
 Online:	Ja
 Quartz Extreme:	Ikke understøttet
AGneovo F-15:
 Opløsning:	1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz
 Dybde:	32 bit farver
 Core Image:	Software
 Dublering:	Fra
 Online:	Ja
 Quartz Extreme:	Ikke understøttet

I cant use QE :(Oh the text is danish, hope it dosnt matter :)
you checkup in system profiler - in "extensions" show atiardeonx1000.kext ?
I bought DisplayConfigX - it was only $12. I installed the resolution that worked for me under XP but when I restarted the computer, the display stopped working. :thumbsdown_anim: I'll keep trying although I'm not sure I quite understand your instructions "edit in info.plist from natit.kext and replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,Alopias."How do I do that? I'll keep trying for a few weeks. If I can't find a solution, I'll have to buy a NVIDIA board.
You download natit from jccool ! ATINDRV for Alopias from post #1 !But you try program "SwitchResX" for monitor resolution !
Hi I just want to clarify something.I'm running the latest from Kaly with a Pion Pack for the ATI1950pro.Everythings seems to work fine ecxept for same details on system profiler.Actually the card is not recognized.Even wih that from my xbench test I'm assuming that allthe accelerations work.When I tried to install the Bronya's 9c7010 the graphich accelarations seems not to work.MY CARD IS A EAX1950PRODoes anyone had the same problem?Which is the best driver for my card?Thank u so much.Gimmy
Give to me driver from pion ! P.S. Pion used my driver , and work on your card ... but what driver for your card.

It's not on the list under the extensions, but it is in the Extensions folder. (With alot of other ati and geforce kext)

Please check inside the info.plist of the ATIRADEONx1000.kext if you find out your DEV ID "7280"!!!

I'd like to thank Bronya and the others that put so much effort into getting these cards to work. I had a hell of a time finding an actual AGP bios for my gecube x1950 pro. I assumed because it used a bridge between pcie and agp that a pcie bios wouldn't hurt anything, but then I got cautious :D

If anyone is looking for an actual AGP bios for this card, I found it here: http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,co...42250/catid,12/

Then a quick atiflash -f -p 1 powercolor.bin along with Bronya's drivers, and I'm off to the races!

Thanks again!!!

Dave

Hey, guy, if I make a change and then video doesn't show up anymore, is there a way to boot up OSX in a "safe-mode" and undo the previous changes made? I have Time Machine working but I have no clue how to boot it up with a previously known good configuation.

Last time I used DisplayConfigX, I lost my video display and I didn't know how to undo the changes. I ended up reinstalling the system.

Yeah , you try add in info.plist "0x72801002&0xFFF0FFFF" in latest driver in ATIRadeonX1000.kext !
Hey, guy, if I make a change and then video doesn't show up anymore, is there a way to boot up OSX in a "safe-mode" and undo the previous changes made? I have Time Machine working but I have no clue how to boot it up with a previously known good configuation.Last time I used DisplayConfigX, I lost my video display and I didn't know how to undo the changes. I ended up reinstalling the system.
You delete in terminal /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration file preferences.plist .Write -f -s in single user and delete file.

1. THX for your 1950's drivers!

2. My english is not well

3. I install leo4all v3 & your drivers(The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c31)), it's perfect

4. I install leo4all v3 & "Leopard Graphic Update" & X1950xxx_10_5_2-9c7010.zip ,it's don't open the QE

Help Me ! thx

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.2.2

Boot Volume: Leopard

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: soonco’s MacPro3,1

User Name: soonco (sunkuo)

Time since boot: 14:42

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Device ID: 0x7288

Displays:

786P:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

I did this:

1. Installed Leopard Graphics Update from Apple

2. Installed the updated 9c7010 drivers from Bronya

3. Check to make sure ATIX1000.kext is loaded in System Profiler

Result:

Resolution changing: YES

QE: NO

Please help ><

I did this:

1. Installed Leopard Graphics Update from Apple

2. Installed the updated 9c7010 drivers from Bronya

3. Check to make sure ATIX1000.kext is loaded in System Profiler

Result:

Resolution changing: YES

QE: NO

Please help ><

Me too~~~help us~~~~thx

Thanks, Bronya for all your help! Today, since I had more time, I decided to fiddle around with things. With your latest drivers from 5/8/08 and DisplayConfigX, I was able to get the same resolution that I was originally using under XP. I now run OSX Kalyway 10.5.2 with my 42" LCD!!!

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Device ID: 0x7280

Displays:

DisplayConfigX - Digital:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 59 Hz

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

Settings used in DisplayConfigX:

1360 24, 144, 152

768 2,3,23

Non-Interlaced, refrech rate 58.993

The display looks perfect!!! YOU ROCK!!!! DISPLAYCONFIGX ROCKS!!!!

Hi Bronya ,

thanks for the answer. I know that Pion package dosen't suite very well my system. But is the only solution that I figured out for the moment. I don't get any pci's card from system profiler and when I try to display the extensions the profiler quites unexpective.

From your last reply u said " try add in info.plist "0x72801002&0xFFF0FFFF" in latest driver in ATIRadeonX1000.kext".

How can I do that ? How can I open a .kext file?

I think I'm just a step away for a full working system I'm just stuck to the video driver.

thank you so much for your big help.

Gimmy

Ok I ended up with this report:

I installed the 9c7010 with kext helper. Everythings went fine.

I had to check for the graphic update 'cause btw was messed up by same drivers.

Still in system profiler I don't get nothing about QE......but it works.

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Name: ATY,Prionace

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x2100000

Device ID: 0x80720000

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x43100000

Subsystem ID: 0x82010000

Revision ID: 0x9a000000

Link Width: x16

And I should say that system profiler quite unexpectedly if I hit extensions.

Anyway I don't mind.

Gimmy