Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hi tonino,

coul u please be more detailed.

I don't wont to install Leopard again.

At the moment the package that I install is ATI 1950 from PYON. and Toast , Time Machine and Aperture works well.

I get a dual DVI but in the primary which is a TFT a get 1280*1024 as max resolution.

Also from the pci's preference I could not see any cards as my screen shots displayed.

I'm worryed I don't wont mess up the system.

Please could u provide a step by step procedure to install the latest Bronya's for 7280?

Many Thanks.

Gimmy

gimmy2000@hotmailcom

Gimmy2000, you download latest driver for 9c7010 , unpack and go to in folder "7280" , you copy natit.kext , ATIRNDRV.kext , ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000Ga.plugin to folder /system/library/extensions !

And you write in terminal .

sudo chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

sudo rm -rf /system/library/extensions.mkext !

And reboot !

Try.

You write resultat here .

Gimmy2000, you download latest driver for 9c7010 , unpack and go to in folder "7280" , you copy natit.kext , ATIRNDRV.kext , ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000Ga.plugin to folder /system/library/extensions !

And you write in terminal .

sudo chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

sudo rm -rf /system/library/extensions.mkext !

And reboot !

Try.

You write resultat here .

hi.

first thanks for your great work!!!

i did a clean reinstall with 10.5.2 (9c7010) kexts and installled your driver (7280)

it gives me:

a graphiccard with a red pulsing powerplug + a pulsing ati logo in the middle of my screen

no QE, no CI

res-change works

hi.

first thanks for your great work!!!

i did a clean reinstall with 10.5.2 (9c7010) kexts and installled your driver (7280)

it gives me:

a graphiccard with a red pulsing powerplug + a pulsing ati logo in the middle of my screen

no QE, no CI

res-change works

:)

Hi Bronya.

This is what I get after install your latest driver.

All resolution works and my test programs (aperture, toast , time machine)

But from system preferences no Qe, Ci supported...... is that normal ?

Thank u

Gimmy

post-198281-1210081362_thumb.png

post-198281-1210081374_thumb.png

Ok I ought to update my set up.

This afternoon I installed the latest from Bronya see my screen shots.

When I arrived home I found my pc in the same situation of BIERBO 24 with the ATI Logo

Rec connectors Blinking in the middle of screen.

I had to reinstall Pion package and everythings is ok.

for Bronya what could be ?

for Bierbo 24 u install Pion package and everithing will be all right expect for resolution on the primary monitor max is 1280*1024.

Also as I described before on system profiler u don't get any pci's cards.

Gimmy

Hi,

i played a little bit with the 9c7010 build the ati driver and figured howto get rid of the ati logo and get back qe and ci

here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1tdeyxtwgp0

Thanks for the fix! I have QU and CI on my x1950 Pro with my Shuttle SG33G5 SFF. I'm using it with a DVI connector to the back of my LG 42LCD. The only problem I have with it is that I cannot get anything better than 1024x768 to fit on my screen. Any resolution bigger, the picture is off the screen. The bottom half of the dock is chopped off and I can't see the bar at the top.

When I was running XP, I used to use the resolution 1360x768 with no problem. How do I get that resolution back?

Thanks for the fix! I have QU and CI on my x1950 Pro with my Shuttle SG33G5 SFF. I'm using it with a DVI connector to the back of my LG 42LCD. The only problem I have with it is that I cannot get anything better than 1024x768 to fit on my screen. Any resolution bigger, the picture is off the screen. The bottom half of the dock is chopped off and I can't see the bar at the top.

When I was running XP, I used to use the resolution 1360x768 with no problem. How do I get that resolution back?

i will try to fix this today, this was just quick fix.

you could choose 1280x768 with your resolution is not avaible?

I found problem ATIRadeonX1000.kext for 9c7010 ! The ATIRadeonX1000.kext is bad ! Recommended download driver from 9c31 ! BUT i try fix. :\

If your videocard witch 512 mb , in natit you edit info.plist :

VRAM,totalsize : 536870912

or

ATY,memsize : 536870912

If 256 mb , then delete VRAM,totalsize !

I found problem ATIRadeonX1000.kext for 9c7010 ! The ATIRadeonX1000.kext is bad ! Recommended download driver from 9c31 ! BUT i try fix. :\

If your videocard witch 512 mb , in natit you edit info.plist :

VRAM,totalsize : 536870912

or

ATY,memsize : 536870912

If 256 mb , then delete VRAM,totalsize !

does this fix the kernel panic when the 9c7010 ATIRadeonX1000.kext is loaded?

I patch driver for 9c7010 . Download from post one and try and resultat here !

Thanks, Bronya!!! I'll try it when I get home. I'll make sure to post up pics of my LCD 42" with SG33G5 running OSX. :censored2:

I patch driver for 9c7010 . Download from post one and try and resultat here !

No change on my side, still stuck on using 1024x768, except that now your kext files work with WE and CI. Previously I had to use someone else's edited file. Thanks for trying anyway. I even switched ports on the graphics card but there was no change. I think I will buy a 8800GT card and see if I can get high resolutions on this Hackintosh.

Bronya : faster coder of the year ! :(

Just a little word to say : THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT WORK !!!

Everything is working like a charm ... ;)

That's so good to have big great resolution (LOL Hey ! I was at the ice age with my 1024*768 !)

Totally incredible !

So ! I'm going to add a companion to my hackint0sh and buying a Mac Book Pro !

If you like it ! Buy it guys !

Sincerely yours.

Antaris

Kalyway 10.5.2

Intel C2D 2,4Ghz (Oc to 3,3Ghz) / P5W DH Deluxe / ATI X1950Pro 256Mb

Ram 2Gb / 2*500Go SATA / 300Go PATA / 80Go SATA / 40Go PATA

Antaris,

What kind of monitor are you using with your system? I'm using a LG 42" LCD and I'm still stuck at 1024x768. The other resolutions won't fit on the screen.

If no change monitor , you checkup it is installed natit.kext only ? Or if atyinject installed , then you delete and only install natit.kext !

Hello Bronya,

I would like to know the difference between ATY_prionace and ATY_prionaceB. I have modify NATIT in order to load PrionaceB and i have run a bench with OpenMark.

I have exactly the same results (16040@1920x1200x32) whith both extensions. Basicly what's the difference between those to KEXT??

Thanks.

Guys I ought to update my situation.

When I install the latest from Bronya I coul get more resolution .

But some programs that I keep as test coul not run becouse of the graphic card (aperture / time machine)

I had to reinstall the package from PION that is the only one that seems to work very well but only 1280*1024 on the primary tft . also I get rotation but on system profiler has not been mentioned nothing about qe , ci but I supposed to work.

In the end I don't understand what is the problem. Is it just my GC or is the driver .

In the Pion package there is also a staff from Bronya. so why in this package the system works and when I install the latest 9c7010 don't?

Please any answer.

I also repaired the permission after every installation .

n.b. I could test if qe and ci and ....bla bla bla . works?

This situation is just mad ......

In my opinion maybe I made same mistakes while I'm installing the latest infact for the Pion package the installation is like windows driver.

Cheers

Gimmy