Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Heh, this just never stops. The computer restored form sleep now, and there is a icon illustrating a ATI CARD in the middle of the screen, and the place where the power is to be plugged into the card is blinking RED. There is also a ATI logo blinking RED.

Any idea what this means?

Yeah , because you no install my ATIRNDRV.kext !

You download my X1950GT_10_5_2_9c7010.zip , unpack and go in folder X1950GT_10_5_2_9c7010 , you open file load.command in terminal and write your password , and auto reboot !

:/ ATI X1950PRO

First time i was an "ATI" logo in the center of screen

After unistall propely and reinstall 10.5.1 and after 10.5.2 ok bug big graphical bug (sorry i'm french)

Last time réinstall ok but no quark and other (slow :/)

I think i will go to 8800GT :(

Ok i've tested with 9.2.2 vanilla and patched kernel, with old and vanilla acpiplatform, with natit, with x1950 pro efi string.... It didnt resolve my problems.

9.2.2 + efi string = only a little part off the screen working at wake up.

9.2.2 patched + efi string = the same

9.2.2 + natit + old acpiplaform version 1.0.3 = a screen full of strange charachters

9.2.2 + natit + acpiplatform version 1.2.1 vanilla = blue screen at wake up.

Bronya what do you think of it!?

if blue screen , you instal vanill OpenGL.framework . Or you update mac os x, graphics update , and then install my driver for this system !

I have efi string or natit , not problem .

For AMD OpenGL.framework , you should patch cpuid !

What do you mean by "you instal vanill OpenGL.framework" : i must install vanilla framework. or i'am using vanilla framework???

I'm using your latest driver, the one for 7280 10.5.2 (9C7010), and i had the previous versions installed. i'have updated the graphics also.

I'm using your driver from the first version !!! you've donne a great job man !!

can u send me the files you used to do this? i couldn't get it to work for me but I would love to replace natit.

I've found the string on this thread on page 39!!! I've used gfx string to modify it, but it was working before a mod it.

Simply add this string to your com.apple.Boot.plist, remove natit and it's done !!!

I'm sorry i can't upload files on the forum.i just can use the fastreply ;)

Hi there, I had a working 10.5.2 system without the graphics update (Powercolor x1950 pro 256mb). I just did the graphics and applied bronya's patch for 9c7010 and I get resolutions but no QE/CI!? I tried installing the 9c31 and I get QE/CI but no resolution!? How can I get it back to normal?

Also, when I boot now, I hear very loud fan noise for the first minute or two...how do i get rid of this?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Hi there, I had a working 10.5.2 system without the graphics update (Powercolor x1950 pro 256mb). I just did the graphics and applied bronya's patch for 9c7010 and I get resolutions but no QE/CI!? I tried installing the 9c31 and I get QE/CI but no resolution!? How can I get it back to normal?

Also, when I boot now, I hear very loud fan noise for the first minute or two...how do i get rid of this?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Reinstall driver for 9c7010 .

If problem, then you show picture from monitor . There is a icon illustrating a ATI CARD in the middle of the screen ?

post-171307-1207534891_thumb.png

Here is the screenshot of my profile w/the 9c7010 drivers installed (called X1950GT_10_5_2-9c7010). As you can see I have full resolution but no hardware acceleration. I do not see any ATI logos and I have not gotten sleep to fully work so I haven't tested that. Thanks for your help Bronya! If you would like me to post a screenshot with the 9c31 drivers installed let me know. Thanks again.

Here is the screenshot of my profile w/the 9c7010 drivers installed (called X1950GT_10_5_2-9c7010). As you can see I have full resolution but no hardware acceleration. I do not see any ATI logos and I have not gotten sleep to fully work so I haven't tested that. Thanks for your help Bronya! If you would like me to post a screenshot with the 9c31 drivers installed let me know. Thanks again.

Then from 9c31 you copy ATIRadeonX1000.kext to folder /system/library/extensions/

And Try !

You write in terminal and show here :

sudo kextstat |grep ATIRadeonX1000

Ok, I plugged the GFX string in, deleted natit and it works, but I only have 1024 x 768 where I need 1680x1050! QE/CI work, but no resolution support. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I don't have TV out support >=(

Also 2, no sleep now :[

What your gfx string ?

Hmm I don't think it worked. In fact, the string isn't plugging at all. I took it out completely and I'm still getting the same results. I tried it with the string you posted and with the string that kimnicebutdim posted on p.46. Could you upload the one you're using now? Do you have the GT or the Pro card?

Then from 9c31 you copy ATIRadeonX1000.kext to folder /system/library/extensions/

And Try !

You write in terminal and show here :

sudo kextstat |grep ATIRadeonX1000

Hey Bronya, I installed the ATIRadeonX1000.kext from 9c31 and I still have resolution but now hardware acceleration. I typed in sudo kextstat |grep ATIRadeonX1000 and got this:

bash-3.2# sudo kextstat |grep ATIRadeonX1000

94 0 0x5aab0000 0x5b000 0x5a000 com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000 (5.2.4) <78 77 17 12 6 5 4 2>

Any ideas? Thanks again!

Hello everybody,

First of all, my PC is:

AMD x2 4200+ sk939

MB Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

ATI SAPPHIRE X1950 PRO 256MB GDDR3 and PCIe.

OSX installed onto 120gb SATA disk

Monitor LG 194WT

At first, I installed 10.5.2_9c31_leo, but I have only res change, no acceleration and no QE, and a beautiful ATI's logo with power cable blinking red at the center of the screen, always over everything.

I've solved this, the solution for me came with previous version 10.5.2_9c16_leo.

Once installed 9c16, ATI's logo is gone, now I have full res change, hardware acceleration and QE support.

At the attached image you can see at right the blinking logo (is a photo because it doesn't appears on a normal print screen) and my card and monitor details

I hope this post help others with the same problem.

Great work of Bronya

Regards!

PS: Sorry for my english if I miss a big mistake, but I prefer to try write it myself and not online translators.

captura.tiff

Hello everybody,

At first, I installed 10.5.2_9c31_leo, but I have only res change, no acceleration and no QE, and a beautiful ATI's logo with power cable blinking red at the center of the screen, always over everything.

I've solved this, the solution for me came with previous version 10.5.2_9c16_leo.

Once installed 9c16, ATI's logo is gone, now I have full res change, hardware acceleration and QE support.

Thank !

I understood.

Then on "PRO" one problem ! But on "GT" not problem . :D:P

Sapphire x1950 Pro AGP 512 , XxX 10.4.11 QE/CI works!

Hi, just wanted to share my happiness, finally, after a week of fighting QE/CI started to work, let me repeat the main principles:

1) Never install drivers coming with the DVD, they are always specific for some card and may not work with yours and break the kexts you have

2) Install the stuff in the following order, on the clean system without any graphic drivers:

a) ATIRadeonX1000 kexts + ATINDRV must work first, you will see QE/CI Supported/Supported, after that you may try to install and use

:P Natit kext - you will be able to change resolution

c) AGPGart 2.1 - will probably need it too but not sure yet, will try today/tomorrow and see the difference

If something does not work in a) you cannot do :D or c) until you fix it, reinstall the system, and use another driver! The case is, I tried Bronya's drivers for Prionace for 10.4.11 several times and my comp never started normally, but the same drivers installed on fresh system worked! So the fresh install way seems to be longer at the beginning, since every install takes like 45 mins time, but in the end you will see, that trying everything on fresh install is much more effective for finding your config. Good luck! And big thanks to all the driver guys especially Bronya! You know if you mail me I can help you with translation 8) Your stuff is really hard to read 8) I am from Moscow, RU

I just write to make Bronya know 9C7010 drivers are working perfectly on my x1950 Pro (7280) and very fast :) . I think there is a noticeable improvement in the perfomance with these new drivers.

Bronya you should add them at the first post.

Regards.

Hi guys,

I have Sapphire 256MB 1950 Pro Pci-E and tried the dirver but no luck, maybe i'm not following the instruction correctly.

I downloaded the driver for 10.5.1, placed it on my desktop, logged in as root, typed in all that command lines found on the first page of this thread but no avail, can any please guide me on how to install packages?

many thanks in advance

ps. i'm having problem with 10.5.1 when i log in, it freezes and one fellow member told me to run a

-v -legacy

and found out it's my video card casuing the freez up

thanks

I just write to make Bronya know 9C7010 drivers are working perfectly on my x1950 Pro (7280) and very fast ;) . I think there is a noticeable improvement in the perfomance with these new drivers.

Bronya you should add them at the first post.

Regards.

Ok , soon . i have no time .

I have 10.5.3 . Soon driver .