Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

1) I believe, of those three packages, the first one is supposd to say X1950PRO not GT (7280 is the Pro model).

2) Bronya, what did you change in this release for 7280 for 10.5.2 9c7010 compared to the driver for 9c31? I thought I had 9c31, but I just looked and System Profiler says I have 9c7010. I am using your old 9c31 driver though---should I update?

3) People! For new installs, make sure you do the Leopard Graphics Update BEFORE installing Bronya's driver packages. I crashed my rig twice by installing the driver first. Can't just re-install the driver either. Idk how to fix it, but it works fine when you do the Leopard Graphics Update BEFORE this driver.

You should update.

1) update graphics from apple.com

2) install my patched driver !

3) reboot :D !

Ok, here's the deal.

Got a working 10.5.2 system now, with Bronyas 10.5.1 drivers installed (installed drivers first, then upgraded system to x.x.2)

Haven't done the graphics update, and want to upgrade to the new Bronya 10.5.2 drivers.

How do I do this withouth crashing the rig, considering I haven't done the graphics update yet (from apple.com)

Ok, here's the deal.

Got a working 10.5.2 system now, with Bronyas 10.5.1 drivers installed (installed drivers first, then upgraded system to x.x.2)

Haven't done the graphics update, and want to upgrade to the new Bronya 10.5.2 drivers.

How do I do this withouth crashing the rig, considering I haven't done the graphics update yet (from apple.com)

Yeah ! But in update graphics lays new opengl.framework , therefore you update graphics ,and then install my driver .

Hi all !

I fixed driver, try for 10.5.2 build 9C7010 !

The for id 7280 ! X1950GT_10_5_2_9c7010.zip

The for id 7288 !X1950GT_7288_10_5_2_9c7010.zip

The for id 724b !X1900GT_724b_10_5_2_9c7010.zip

q6600, GIGABYTE EP35-DS3R, 1950 PRO 256MB

Thanks!!!! It's perfect. My 1950 pro is perfect!!!!

I installed 10.5.2 & original kernel 9.2.2 with Leo4All v2 and just installed your kext.

But there is only one problem!

After waking from sleep, there is Warrning ICON of ATI GRAPHIC CARD for unconnected PCI-E vga card 6pin power cable.

This warning ICON isn't removed in my monitor until rebooting the system.

I can't understand why this problem is occurring. ;)

q6600, GIGABYTE EP35-DS3R, 1950 PRO 256MB

Thanks!!!! It's perfect. My 1950 pro is perfect!!!!

I installed 10.5.2 & original kernel 9.2.2 with Leo4All v2 and just installed your kext.

But there is only one problem!

After waking from sleep, there is Warrning ICON of ATI GRAPHIC CARD for unconnected PCI-E vga card 6pin power cable.

This warning ICON isn't removed in my monitor until rebooting the system.

I can't understand why this problem is occurring. :(

Sorry, i dunno .

Bronya.

I am installing Zephyroth Leopard AMD 10.5.2 Rev.2.

Do I select 1950 drivers from there? or select nothing and then install your drivers?

Also.... How do I install these? Copy to /system/library/extensions/ and then apply permissions? Is that correct?

Hi

Running leopard 10.5.2, have installed Bronya driver for my PowerColor x1950 pro, but get "quartz extreme: not supported". Have installed the graphics update from apple.

Any pointers on how to enable quartz extreme?

Use the kext.b7 helper to install, do I need to manually install? If so, how?

BTW: Installed the "wrong ID" driver for my 10.5.2 system first, not sure if this is to be removed first or not, don't know how either. Installed the correct ID driver without uninstalling the old "wrong ID" driver first, no quartz.

The video card: PowerColor ATI Radeon x1950 Pro

Yeah, when you install Bronya's driver BEFORE the Leopard Graphics Update, it seems to break QE/CI. Do you have all the current updates from Apple right now? If so, check under "software" in About This Mac and see what build number of OS X 10.5.2 you're running. I believe 9C31 is the original one but it should have updated to 9c7010. I would say just install Bronya's 9c7010 package over the other one and see what happens. I believe the only change in kexts is natit anyway--the other files don't appear to have changed. If you have kexthelper, just use that and don't worry about manual install because it will set permissions/clear kextcache for you. You may have to reinstall, but I don't know.

I'm considering dropping this video card and going with Nvidia. I still have some minor mouse tearing with this card no matter what I do and I can't get rid of it. At least I think it's the card and not some other hardware.

Well tried everything, but can't get Quartz Extreme. Have actually never had this, so really don't know how my hackintosh would look with this enabled, but guessing it's impressive, cause it's not without :P

Seems like me installing Bronyas drivers before the graphics update might be the issue. Unless someone can come up with a good idea on how to fix it, I guess a reinstall is the only option (of course, don't wanna do this, cause took me like two days to get it installed, and don't remember half of what I did :o

Btw: It is the graphics card that either support/not support quartz, and the screen has nothing to do with this. Cause the Quartz extreme not supported is listed under my display (Samsung 22" lcd)

Install 10.5.1 clean

Install 10.5.1 drivers

Update to 10.5.2

Update to 10.5.2 Graphics Update

Install 10.5.2 9C7010 Drivers

Did just this now, got no resolution options or Quartz at the 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 driver install. At my previous install I was at least able to change my resolution.

Only thing I did different was that I in my previous install removed a lot of ATI stuff just after install, before the restart (had to, or it would not boot in normal mode). This time I just booted in safe mode (-x) and installed the 10.5.1 drivers, but no resolution or quartz at restart.

Any ideas on what to do?

BTW: Have a PowerColor X1950 Pro, it doesn't say X1950 GT(!) Pro, as the topic of this thread says (and the 10.5.1 driver). Is there a difference between the GT Pro version and just the PRO version that could cause these problems?

Did just this now, got no resolution options or Quartz at the 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 driver install. At my previous install I was at least able to change my resolution.

Only thing I did different was that I in my previous install removed a lot of ATI stuff just after install, before the restart (had to, or it would not boot in normal mode). This time I just booted in safe mode (-x) and installed the 10.5.1 drivers, but no resolution or quartz at restart.

Any ideas on what to do?

BTW: Have a PowerColor X1950 Pro, it doesn't say X1950 GT(!) Pro, as the topic of this thread says (and the 10.5.1 driver). Is there a difference between the GT Pro version and just the PRO version that could cause these problems?

Sorry, i no understand you !

You use 10_5_2_9c31.zip and install the driver ! It is should work !

If no work change resolution , you delete efi string !

Sorry, i no understand you ! You use 10_5_2_9c31.zip and install the driver ! It is should work !If no work change resolution , you delete efi string !
Installed first ONLY 10.5.1 Kalyway (withouth the drivers in the installation), THEN i installed the 10.5.1 driver. No Quartz, No resolution.Updated to 10.5.2Did all other updates, so I got software version 9c31.Installed Bronya driver for 10_5_2_9c31, NO Quartz, NO resolution.BTW: When I install these drivers, I unzip and put the whole folder into the B7 Kext helper, is this ok?

Just checked the system profiler, the card is actually not recognized! (it was yesterday on my previous install)

##

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Now I got the resolution working, but still no Quartz

##system profiler##

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: "01.00.140"

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

##

Could it be that I manually have to enable Quartz? Is that possible?

Heh, this just never stops. The computer restored form sleep now, and there is a icon illustrating a ATI CARD in the middle of the screen, and the place where the power is to be plugged into the card is blinking RED. There is also a ATI logo blinking RED.

Any idea what this means?

I've got the same problem here !!! I've seted up my bios to repost video after S3 resume in order to fix it, but at wake up the computer stop on a blue screen :P

I'm gonna try another AppleACPIplatform.kext to see if it's changing something...

I'll let you know....

FINALLY!!!! Got Quartz Extreme and CI enabled on my X1950 PRO!!! The secret: Used the Leo4All installer instead of Kalyway, problem solved :blink:

Anyways, now I only have two more conserns:

The mouse cursor is moving a little jagged.

Text is looking like {censored}, don´t know why.

Ok i've tested with 9.2.2 vanilla and patched kernel, with old and vanilla acpiplatform, with natit, with x1950 pro efi string.... It didnt resolve my problems.

9.2.2 + efi string = only a little part off the screen working at wake up.

9.2.2 patched + efi string = the same

9.2.2 + natit + old acpiplaform version 1.0.3 = a screen full of strange charachters

9.2.2 + natit + acpiplatform version 1.2.1 vanilla = blue screen at wake up.

Bronya what do you think of it!?