Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

X Bronya - Report on 7288 driver

Hi Bronya thanks for your great work.

I would inform you that "How 20.02.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c31) Leo_10_5_2_7288.zip" doesn't work correctly. After the installation all seems perfect (CI Hardware accelerated, QE supported, QuartGL supported), but after few seconds, graphics cards losts all syncronisms (great confusion on the screen) and it is necessary reboot.

On the contrary with old driver (10_5_2_9c31_7288_.zip) all works perfectly.

Moreover consider that I tried new driver (to be sure) after reinstalling combo update, 10.5.2 kernel and apple grahics update.

Thx Astaga

MB ASUS P5B DELUXE SK775

n. 4 DIMM KINGSTONE 1GB PC667 DDRII

CPU INTEL CD E6400 2.13 2MB SK775

n. 2 HD WESTERN DIGITAL WD3200KS 320GB 16MB SATA2

SK GRAFICA VD PEAK ATI RADEON X1950GT 256MB PCX

DVD +-RW PIONER 112D IDE

DVD LG 16X 52X IDE BLACK

Kalyway 10.5.1+kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate+kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip (vanilla)+Apple graphics update+Bronya's driver(10_5_2_9c31_7288_.zip)

Hi!

After several weeks of struggling and many unsuccessful attempts of installing the proper graphics driver, I booted my computer to day to discover that QE and CI are now suddenly working.

Last night I installed both the 7280 - Leo_10_5_0 and 7280 - Leo_10_5_1 driver by Bronya, rebooted every time and it just didn't work. Don't bloody know why it does not, but it works and what else can I ask for.

Sadly, I can't remember which one I installed last or which one it was that got it working now, but I can only be one of the two. Oh, and yeah, my graphics card is a "Club 3D ATI Radeon x1950 250MB", it's the one with the silent heat pipe system for those of you that are still having trouble finding the right driver.

Here is a picture:

post-180879-1204831957_thumb.png

Thanks a lot Bronya, haven't been watching a film in ages and will hopefully be able to tonight!

Hi,

I just installed the driver and qe/ci are working finally. But at every boot I'm getting an error message that ATITVOut.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.

Can anybody tell me how to install this driver by hand or at least how to uninstall it as I actually don't use the tv-out.

@ makaku

Launch a terminal (Program -> Utilities -> Terminal)

Alternative 1, make it work:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 ATITVOut.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel ATITVOut.kext

sudo rm -f ../Extensions.*

reboot!

Alternative 2, delete it:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -rf ATITVOut.kext

sudo rm -f ../Extensions.*

reboot!

Hi

Thanks to the kexts for 7280 dev_id (leo 5.1) I'm near to get my ATI Mobility x1900 to work!

I can change resolution an have QE/CI enabled!

As my dev_id is 7284 I needed to edit the binaries with a hex editor to change all the 8072 and 7280 to 8472 and 7284.

The problem is that my screen is strangely streched, like this :

dscf1787zs0.th.jpg

Could it be because of Wormy? I have to use to get LVDS support.

Can someone help me to get my display full filled?

Thanks.

I am having the same problems, any solutions?

First, sorry for my english...

Can enybody prompt me what Bronya driver for Leopard 10.5.2 is useful for me, I don't understand what it means 9c31 and 9c16? My card is Radeon 1950 pro 256Mb pci-e. I instaled only ATIRNDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext from 10_5_2_9c31, because if I run load.command and installed all pakage I get non-working system (just blue screen and cursor), аnd deleting Natit.kext I return a capacity. QE/CI works but can't change resolution. Can You help me? 

First, sorry for my english...Can enybody prompt me what Bronya driver for Leopard 10.5.2 is useful for me, I don't understand what it means 9c31 and 9c16? My card is Radeon 1950 pro 256Mb pci-e. I instaled only ATIRNDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext from 10_5_2_9c31, because if I run load.command and installed all pakage I get non-working system (just blue screen and cursor), аnd deleting Natit.kext I return a capacity. QE/CI works but can't change resolution. Can You help me?

I forget where it's at exactly-- I'm not at home to check. It is somewhere in "About This Mac." You have to click More Info I believe. There it will say either 9c31 or 9c16, so you know which driver to use.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Is anyone running dual X1950 Pros with success? I haven't tried yet. Curious if it works before I buy a second one.

Right now I have 2 monitors hooked up to my X1950. I want to hook up my TV, too. Right now I have to unplug everything, then plug my TV in. The best solution seems to be a 2nd video card. Splitting one of the DVI outs doesn't work right because of the resolution difference.

Can someone help me. I have lost QE support. I upgraded to 10.5.2 via Kalyway and then I installed everything that came up in Apple System Update including the monitor support. Then I ran the Bronya 9c31 update. I have a Sapphire x1950 pro 256MB. Everything else seems to work fine. Thanks

Bronya, I have a favour to ask of you! Help please...

I installed your driver for Leo 9c31 to Zephyroth 10.5.2 rev.2, all works fine, but can't change resolution and refresh rate :)( I tried dmitrik_Edited driver, X1950XT 10.5.2 3 IN 1 Installers Jccool, but unsucsessful. Maybe were is some method? My card is 1950 pro 256Mb (pci-e), but with your driver system write that the card have 512Mb memory. Most of all I'd like to change refresh rate, because all font looks awfull and it's difficult to read...

Are you have any decision for me? Thanx

hello,

i just install 1950prt dirvers and it working well,

but how can i remove the card logos on center of the screen,it always flash on my screen and i searched anywhere still can't found an option to remove that. :)

Thanks,

zhans

Here we go again after a long time without bugging anyone.

As you may know, I made my GeCube X1950Pro 256Mb AGP card to work with Bronya's driver after flashing it with a PowerColor VGA BIOS. It is working flawless and very good since then. (WoW stuff: months behind but I've managed to down Illidan while playing with this card on Mac :) )

And as soon as 10.5.2 was available, I've updated mine and updated Bronya's driver to 10.5.2 -- although CE/QI was working with 10.5.1 driver on 10.5.2 OS-- , but performance-wise was {censored}: my WoW got reduced framerate to unplayable levels (dropped from 35+ to less than 10fps @ 1920x1200), so this last weekend, after got tired of trying all possible (and impossible ones I should say) optimizations, I decided to reinstall 10.5.1.

For my surprise, I discovered this time sleep feature is working... ok, sorta of. When I wake my computer, screen is cropped at, let's say, 640x480 (normal resolution is 1920x1200 and no, I can't change it no matter what I do, without losing control on my desktop: the blue screen of "desktopless"). I know screen is bigger than this 640x480 area because I can drag anything from this 'visible' desktop to the hidden area, and (assuming I did not moved the mouse) drag it back from the hidden area. Also, by moving mouse to the now "hidden" pre-defined hotcorner at top right, monitor goes to sleep, so looks like desktop rendering is acting weird. Also, lots and lots of tearing on all screen, as if it was "out of sync": remember back on old CRTs when you pushed your screen "outside" visible screen and it generates tears by overlapping? It is something like that.

How do I fix this? Right now, I am restarting Leopard ;) but would be glad if one could enlighten me to have this working just as it was supposed to be.

Thanks.

After install grafic update from Apple software update I just got a message "restart computer" and so on...

Anyone knows why it may be?

Bronya, You say for me to delete all ATIInject*.* and Natit*.* ... It means, delete after installation all ATI*.kexts and Natit.kext? Or I don't understand You? I,m just lamer now. Please, учздфшт Your advaice for me about deleting and updating grafic from Apple. What I must do first, next... and when I may restart copmuter.

Sorry, for lamer questions :(

Hello to all, ive got a problem, i dont know what the reason

Ive installed the following driver

20.02.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c31) : Leo_10_5_2_7288_.zip

And got a white screen after reboot... Discovered that my ethernet card (RTL8139D) was a problem, which worked perfectly before the driver install.... Ive tried 3 or 4 different sets of drivers and 3 ethernet cards.... case is the same.

I got either ethernet or Video working

What can i do?

My specs are:

AMD Athlon x2 4000+

MSI K9N Neo(nForce 550, vitesse networking, doesnt work, Realtek HD soundcard, works)

4GB Ram

Radeon x1950GT Super(512MB) (7288)

Please help, im almost desperate....

Hello to all, ive got a problem, i dont know what the reason

Ive installed the following driver

20.02.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.2(9c31) : Leo_10_5_2_7288_.zip

And got a white screen after reboot... Discovered that my ethernet card (RTL8139D) was a problem, which worked perfectly before the driver install.... Ive tried 3 or 4 different sets of drivers and 3 ethernet cards.... case is the same.

I got either ethernet or Video working

What can i do?

My specs are:

AMD Athlon x2 4000+

MSI K9N Neo(nForce 550, vitesse networking, doesnt work, Realtek HD soundcard, works)

4GB Ram

Radeon x1950GT Super(512MB) (7288)

Please help, im almost desperate....

You try disable card ethernet ;).

I'm using iATKOS v1.0i (Leopard 10.5.1) and my graphic card is Radeon x1950pro 512 MB PciE. I downloaded the following driver from the first post in this thread: "Fixed 14.02.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.1 : 10_5_1_leo.zip".

It seems like I was successfull installing the driver, because before it said "Non kext installed" or something like that in System Profiler and that's gone.

But my problem is: I can't change the resolution, I'm stuck with 1024x768, there is no other resolution to choose from. What is wrong?

I'm using iATKOS v1.0i (Leopard 10.5.1) and my graphic card is Radeon x1950pro 512 MB PciE. I downloaded the following driver from the first post in this thread: "Fixed 14.02.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.1 : 10_5_1_leo.zip".

It seems like I was successfull installing the driver, because before it said "Non kext installed" or something like that in System Profiler and that's gone.

But my problem is: I can't change the resolution, I'm stuck with 1024x768, there is no other resolution to choose from. What is wrong?

I got default 1920x1200 on my screen, which is OK for me, but I am unable to set any other resolution using Displays preference window without losing control of my desktop (although I still have a working VNC access on my desktop, and after restart it falls back to same default resolution).

Think you may edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file and force your desired screen resolution in there. Add something like

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>

*should* work.

I got default 1920x1200 on my screen, which is OK for me, but I am unable to set any other resolution using Displays preference window without losing control of my desktop (although I still have a working VNC access on my desktop, and after restart it falls back to same default resolution).

Think you may edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file and force your desired screen resolution in there. Add something like

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>

*should* work.

Thanks for your help!

Hmm.. A bit strange but I don't even have the dir: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

I run iATKOS v1.0i (Leopard 10.5.1), do you use Leopard or do you run Tiger? Or is it just something I'm doing the wrong way?

Hello Bronya, my ATi Radeon X1900GT (Device ID: 0x724b) is not working with 10.5.2(9c31) drivers. I can't find the correct drivers for my VGA. I tried the drivers than comes in the Leopard DVD installer, but QI/CI are not working. Can you help me please?.

Thank you.

Guga.

Thanks for your help!

Hmm.. A bit strange but I don't even have the dir: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

I run iATKOS v1.0i (Leopard 10.5.1), do you use Leopard or do you run Tiger? Or is it just something I'm doing the wrong way?

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1, re-installed from scratch on last Sun. Check if in iATKOS this com.apple.Boot.plist file isn't located at another folder.

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1, re-installed from scratch on last Sun. Check if in iATKOS this com.apple.Boot.plist file isn't located at another folder.

Strange, I can't find it anywhere. Anyone who now how to change the resolution in iAtkos?