Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

hello bronya.

hope u have a min. to reply.

how to fix gpu fan noise, which kext to edit. and what to edit. i have 1950xtx so your fix wont work. althoughyour 7288 drivers for 10.5.1 do the trick, my card is not really supported. can u pls explain. so i can make a fix on xtx drivers.

thx

To you , you read the post !

Hope you can help me, I have a x1950 ati powercolor pci-e card. I have done a fresh install of kalyway, but when it boots up for the 1st time, it does a kernal panic and stops, with the error being about "Kernal Panic, com.Apple.atiradeonX1000(5.1.8) or com.appleatiradeonX19x0"

How can I get this working when I can't get into the system? I can get to the terminal if it helps!

Ta

J

Hope you can help me, I have a x1950 ati powercolor pci-e card. I have done a fresh install of kalyway, but when it boots up for the 1st time, it does a kernal panic and stops, with the error being about "Kernal Panic, com.Apple.atiradeonX1000(5.1.8) or com.appleatiradeonX19x0"How can I get this working when I can't get into the system? I can get to the terminal if it helps!TaJ
You start single boot from f8, and write -f -s and go to terminal :

mount -uw /

rm -rf /system/library/extensions/atiradeonx1000.kext

reboot

BRONYA

no mention of ATY, Prionce in my kext to be replaced with ATY, PrionceB

should i do it anyway?

my natit.kext:

<dict>
						<key>@0,compatible</key>
						<string>ATY,Alopias</string>
						<key>@0,device_type</key>
						<string>display</string>
						<key>@0,display-connect-flags</key>
						<integer>1024</integer>
						<key>@0,name</key>
						<key>@1,compatible</key>
						<key>@1,device_type</key>
						<string>display</string>
						<key>@1,display-connect-flags</key>
						<integer>1024</integer>
						<key>@1,name</key>
						<key>device_type</key>
						<string>ATY,AlopiasParent</string>
					</dict>

BRONYA

no mention of ATY, Prionce in my kext to be replaced with ATY, PrionceB

should i do it anyway?

my natit.kext:

<dict>
						<key>@0,compatible</key>
						<key>@0,device_type</key>
						<string>display</string>
						<key>@0,display-connect-flags</key>
						<integer>1024</integer>
						<key>@0,name</key>
						<key>@1,compatible</key>
						<key>@1,device_type</key>
						<string>display</string>
						<key>@1,display-connect-flags</key>
						<integer>1024</integer>
						<key>@1,name</key>
						<key>device_type</key>
						<string>ATY,AlopiasParent</string>
					</dict>

Yes try natit for PrionaceB! Replace ATY,Alopias to ATY,PrionaceB

Hi Bronya,

Your instructions failed, although when it 1st came up, it says the disk was read only, so I did sbin/ fsky and then sbin /mount uw /

Then it said it couldnt find the file, so tried again with just your commands and it gave each file as being read only. Rebooted and still had the same error.

(bracetrace terminated, invalid frame pointer 0

Kernal xxxxxxx modules in backtrace

com.apple.atiradeonx1000(5.1.8)@0X20e6600->0Xx0ebff

Then rebooted and tried -v -f -x which allowed me to get in as safe mode (yay!)

The graphics card has a vendor listed as Ati (0x1002). Will now loading your driver solve this problem?

Many thanks

J

Ok, here I am another Zephyroth victim, but maybe I've gotten a little farther than some others.

Hardware essentials:

Soltek K8T800 Pro MB (Via K8T800 chipset)

Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro AGP, DeviceID 7280

VRAM is 512MB (IIRC), but is being erroneously reported as either 256MB (with VESA driver) or 128 (with Bronya's driver)

Starting with a clean Zephyroth 10.5.2 (plus the included X19X0 driver), I get 1024x768 VESA support, mirrored on both monitors, with my card reported as an ATI card on the PCI bus. Natit.kext complains about being broken every boot (permissions I assume...)

Installing AGPGart 264 and IOPCIFamily 244 kexts gets the card recognized correctly as an AGP card, though it doesn't appear to recognize Zephyroth's included driver. It DOES, however, make the Natit.kext error go away every boot. These versions of AGPGart are new and untested, but they are stable on my system.

So, now I can install Bronya's 7280 / 10.5.2.9C31 driver. So I do. And I end up with the same blank blue screen (at 1024x768 res) that a couple other Zephyroth users have complained about. This screen only shows up on my primary monitor; the second monitor simply receives no signal. The OS is clearly running in the background; keyboard shortcuts produce HDD activity and I can occasionally cause error beeps by pressing the wrong keys. Too bad I can't find the right combination of keys to tell it to start up.

So, now I go into troubleshooting mode. Starting OS X with the -x option (single user mode?) gets me a little farther: Now I have one working monitor with full resolution support, but no CI/QE. I can't actually change resolutions without ending up at a blank screen, but it defaults to the native 1280x1024 resolution. I also have a black and red icon overlaying the centre of the screen -- apparently the disconnected cable icon that some other users have seen after applying the graphics update (I assume this is included in Zephyroth's release -- I didn't do the update). My second screen isn't detected, even with a manual "Detect Displays". Info from the System Profiler at this point is displayed below. Note the erroneous amount of VRAM (128MB) that is detected.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

Slot: Slot-1

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

EFI Driver Version: "01.00.140"

Displays:

SAMSUNG:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

---

Right now, I can switch between Bronya's semi-working driver and the VESA fallback by deleting natit.kext from safe mode and then reinstalling Bronya's driver.

I've reached the limit of what I can do myself and am looking for advice. Is AGPGart the problem, or is there something wrong with Zephyroth's release? Should I attempt to make my own boot.plist as is mentioned a few pages back? Where can I get more detailed information about doing so? Please help me troubleshoot -- I can see there are others here with similar issues...

@Bronya

well replacing ATY, Alopias and ATY,AlopiasParent to ATY,PrionaceB fixes the fan noise.

but when i reboot, my display is totally garbled. so i have to revert to original natit from kalyway iso.

dunno where to go from here.

Sorry, you delete natit and copy original natit from jccool , or you download my driver for 10.5.2 and test :wacko:

sorry fot the possible OT

after the instalaltion of the KALYWAY 1.5.1 with EFI and vanilla

with Eric.C method

i got always the PANIC on ATI1000 or so

Tried installation without any gfx driver,

with only the NATIT

with NATIT and X19X0

and only X19X0

but nothing :P

always I got Panic at the first reboot

i can enter the safe mode but no keybiard working

with the Toh rc2 it works (but I can't boot wihthout dvd insered and got system profiler crash)

is there a way to fix this problem?

i tried the driver for leo and they worked good on Toh2

how can i solve this situation?

can i change driver after the the installation in some way?

thank you very much!

I have it working just fine on 10.5.2. Installed OS X via retail disc image method. boot without drivers in 1024x760 VESA mode. Installed 10.5.2 combo update with Netkas' special instructions. Rebooted into 10.5.2, installed package from first post, rebooted, and works just fine! I did not install the special "graphics update" after updating to .2 because it worked just fine without it.

I'm having a similar problem to Devonavar but not quite the same. When I load Bronya's drivers I do not get video. At one point I got it to display white vertical bars. When I boot into -X I still have just the 1024x768 resolution. I deleted the ATIRadeonX1000.kext to boot back normally. This is what the system sees the card as:

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:
 Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon X1950 Series
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	AGP
 Slot:	Slot-1
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x7280
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 EFI Driver Version:	"01.00.140"

Any ideas how to get it working? I'm using Zephyroth's AMD 10.5.2 as well.

Devonavar, awesome . you download update 10.5.2 and reinstall, then reinstall my driver and try .

I'm not sure which 10.5.2 update you mean ... I'm using Zephyroth which is already 10.5.2 and 9C31 according to System Profiler.

In any case, I reinstalled clean (without including Zephyroth's broken driver), and I'm having slightly more success. I've installed the Bronya driver and it correctly recognizes my LCD screen, lets me tinker with refresh, screen rotation, gives me the option to detect displays and gives me more resolution options than before. However, detecting displays does not pick up my CRT monitor. Attempting to select a rotation option kills the display and sends me back to the light blue screen of death. I also have the "card plug" overlay that I can't get rid of.

System Info dump follows:

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Displays:

SAMSUNG:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Note that the RAM size is still incorrectly detected (should be 512MB), the card is detected as PCI (installing AGPGart provides correct recognition of the AGP bus, but gets rid of a whole bunch of other options). I still have no CI/QE or dual monitor. What next?

In any case, I reinstalled clean (without including Zephyroth's broken driver), and I'm having slightly more success. I've installed the Bronya driver and it correctly recognizes my LCD screen, lets me tinker with refresh, screen rotation, gives me the option to detect displays and gives me more resolution options than before.

Seems that I don't have the same hardware as you. I tried your same method and could not get it to boot with Bronya's ATIRadeonX1000.kext in any way.

What would I have to do to get it working? Does the Revision ID matter? It's been a while since I edited kexts...

Hi Bronya,

what do you mean about "Zephroth"?

If i start 10.5.2 used this in VESA.

if i install your driver, use OSX with "F U ..." Blue Screen.

Can you help me?

I used Radeon X1950 (ID 7288) with 256 MB RAM - AGP

AMD 64 X2 4200

Please!!

"Zephyroth" <-- :welcomeani::welcomeani::welcomeani:

Bronya means that Zephyroth + X1950 doesn't work properly... yet.

So far, the best advice I can give if you have Zephyroth 10.5.2 is:

- Install the OS X graphics update (use Apple's Software Update)

- Install Bronya's driver

- Delete /system/library/extensions/natit.kext

- DON'T use AGPGart.kext ... you'll need it at some point for performance, but it doesn't seem to be working yet.

This gets me CI/QE cloned on both my monitors at 1024x768, but no resolution, dual, rotate, or refresh options.

- Now, be patient and be thankful Bronya is working on this.

Working!!!!!!!!

Ok, after five days of pain and suffering, I finally have my AGP X1950 Pro 512 MB working to my satisfaction. How?

- Install Zephyroth 10.5.2

- Update with Apple's Graphics Update

- Install Bronya's Driver

- Do NOT install any form of AGPGart

- Bronya wrote me a custom mod of ATIRNDRV.kext. Install that once Bronya posts it.

- Set sleep mode to 1 minute

- Reboot

- The computer will start up in dual screen mode, but no dock / icons / menu will show up

- Wait for computer to sleep *edit*: Doesn't have to be full sleep. Only the displays need to sleep.

- Wake computer up. Working with full res / dual / rotate / CI / QE

Still not working:

- AGP. As far as I know, AGPGart is still broken in Leopard. I can install v2.6.3 or v2.6.4 and get proper detection, but these kill CI / QE.

- Obviously, waiting for the displays to sleep every boot and every time I do a res change is a pain in the ass. But at least I know how to fix it. *edit*: Set one of the screen corners to "Sleep Displays" in Expose (in System Preferences) and you can do a display reset without waiting for the computer to sleep.

Not Tested:

- OpenGL. I believe this requires AGPGart ... but I'm not sure, and I don't need it at the moment. I can test if someone wants to tell me how.

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Displays:

SAMSUNG: