Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Did you have installed leopard graphic update too?

In this case before or after Bronya's driver?

Thanks

My system version is 9c31,kalyway10.5.1+kalyway 10.5.2 combo update+updated 9.2 vanilla kernel+apple graphic update,I installed leopard graphic update before Bronya's driver.everything is ok.after update run load.command,then auto reboot,good luck man!

Why you don't change to Leopard?

I have a AMD x2 Processor and the Leopard is´not working as good as on intel systems.

I tried 10.5.1. but went back to 10.4.10 because everything was recognised .

I tried all.... jccools + Bronya + iondrvsupport and so on, but only rotation and Change resolutions works.

no ci/qe at all.

I also installed the opengl framework .. but no luck.

Any idea?

I had a weird experience x1950pro.

When upgrading from my 10.5.1 with the previous driver for the card to 10.5.2 I still had full support (CI,QE).

When I did the graphics update I lost the CI and QE. So I installed the drivers provided. They basically broke my system.

I reformatted. Upgraded from 10.5 to 10.5.1 and then 10.5.2 without ever installing these drivers. Did the graphics update. Then installed the new 10.5.2 drivers from the front page of this thread.

Now everything is working :)

xtotof, if noise fan , then you edit info.plist in natit.kext , replace all ATY,Prionace to ATY,PrionaceB and save and try ! You update to 10.5.2 !

marekpipe, you update to 10.4.11 combo, and install driver and not problem .

borice, you edit info.plist in natit.kext and add :

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>ATY,PrionaceB</string>

<key>@2,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@2,name</key>

And try !

xtotof, if noise fan , then you edit info.plist in natit.kext , replace all ATY,Prionace to ATY,PrionaceB and save and try ! You update to 10.5.2 !

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@2,name</key>

And try !

hi. When i update my 10.4.10 to 4.11 .... Is there something what i have to be careful? Im using amd ! Is there any post installation needed? Or will the system boot up normally?

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@2,name</key>

And try !

Yes, update 10.5.2. Thank you, the fan is finally silent with the change in natit.kext

Hi, I read on the first post Bronya was going to stop development on this driver...so, what are the changes he mades from the vanilla kexts in order to make them to work with the x1950 pros?

I'd like being able to run my vga on later osx versions :)

Also, I heard about EFI strings and all that, but still not 100% clear for me (can you use the vanilla kexts in that case? )

Regards

help me! :)

GIGA P35c-DS3R

SAPPHIRE 1950GT 512M(7288)

KAY 10.5.1 up to 10.5.2 all update OK

use 10_5_2_9c31_7288_.zip

Dual DVI ok

but not open QE

i try again & again

del all ATI*.kext try

all NG......

my god !help me!

post-187983-1203264755_thumb.jpg

I test

1:del Natit.kext and run load.command.........reset -------> not work

2:del Natit.kext ........reset and run load.command- -----reset ----->not work

BTW:my card is dul DVI output, I use DVI to VGA port to my dispaly (1CRT 1LCD )----is it no good? :thumbsup_anim:

Hey guys,

I'm running an x1950pro in an Intel Badaxe 2 motherboard. I have successfully made a boot.plist for my system that allows me to run WITHOUT Bronya's drivers!! I did a fresh install of 10.5.2 on a spare drive, put in Bronya's driver, traced what Bronya is injecting at boot time, made a plist, converted to hex, and added to my boot.plist. I removed all Natit/ATIinject, rebooted, and it WORKS!!! I have full 1680x1050 res when booting, sleep works, and no more loud fan when resuming!! I can post if you guys want.

I don't know if TV out or second display work, but I don't care because all I have is one LCD on my primary output:

1950.jpg

PLEASE POST IT!!!!!

Mine is Shappire x1950 pro 256mb, I guess it should work. Finally no more modified kexts :wacko:

On the other hand, can you make a tutorial from scratch (for humans) in case the string is not working? I know Sapphire did at least two different x1950 pro 256mb cards.

Thank you in advance.

@InorganicMatter:

Nice work! When I did the same on my system it added working sleep too. That pesky Natit was the problem.

I would like to point out that you are still running with Bronya's drivers given the description of your method. You're just injecting the table information through the EFI string rather than through Natit.

It would be great if you could post your working string as I would like to compare it with mine. I've noticed that console throws up 8 "display: familly specific matching fails" warnings/errors during boot which did not appear with Natit. I wondered whether this was because I did not add all the possible entries that Natit provides to my EFI string (I based mine on Bronya's from post #801) so I experimented with a shorter string containing only a few properties, to see if more errors were generated (as there seems to be little guidance at the moment as to what MUST be included in a gfxstring). It still worked but I still got 8 "display: famliy specific matching fails". I haven't got a second monitor or TV to check whether the secondary output or TV out is going or not as the errors could relate to these. Any thoughts?

Here's a copy of my long and my short EFI string for x1950Pro. Both work for my single monitor setup (can't test secondary display or TV Out at the moment).

x1950Pro_short.txt

x1950Pro_long.txt

I spoke too soon. I did another fresh Leopard install with JUST my hex string this time; full res, rotation, but no QE/CI. :( I had to use the ATIX1000 kexts and ATIRNDRV from Bronya to get QE/CI. So yeah, sorry to get hopes up, you still need his stuff, it's just that this gets you full resolution at boot time, no Natit, and working sleep.

Here is my plist:

www.cortiaus.net/ba2.plist

Of course, change the device location and remove the LAN/Sound stuff if you don't have a Badaxe2.

Which one?

This one?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=628056

In this one I talked about I saw you said you were going to stop development on your drivers, and I wanted to know (in case it's true) how do you adapt the vanilla kexts in order to work with our x1950 pro´s so we could use the same process in future Mac OS X versions.

And my second question: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=629728

Basically what I ask is wether by adding that string to my systembootconfig file I will no longer need your modified kexts.

Anyway, I´m glad you still have time to read this loooooong topic :(

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Edit: I just read inorganicmatter confirmed we still need the modified kexts, even with the string.