Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Marekpipe: IONDRVSupport.kext give a try!

Bronya: Which driver should I use for 10.5.2??

Gergö you are my hero :hysterical: .... New Installed 10.5.1. + Bronya´s Drivers (all files) + IONDRVSupport.kext from Gergö and my 1950pro is working perfectly....

I also made my "About this Mac" working (new Smbios.kext) because im running it on an AMD :-)

Now i just need to get my SATA Windows HDD and my SATA CD-ROM working and that´s all :hysterical:

Thank you very much :hysterical:

I installed the Bronya package on a blank 10.4.10 installed gergös indrvsupport.kext (beause without i get a blue screen with mouse) and get no CI/QE ... 7280 PCIE-512 Mb

When i delete natit.kext (read on the first pages) i also don´t get CI/QE and mouse tearing.

What should i try next?

I can change resolution but no CI/QE .... any idea?

Thank you

Same problem here, worked fine in 10.5.2 until I updated the graphic drivers from apple... Now, no CI or QE... Hope the patch is coming soon!! Thx Bronya!!

I hope too, same mistake, I was tired to see all these nvidia users happy with that graphics update.

Hi everyone,

I want to share my experience with building an EFI GFX String for my x1950Pro. Hopefully this information may help someone. I haven't combed the whole thread so I apologise if this has already been covered.

If you want to build one I recommend reading the following threads on netkas' forum:

How To: EFI GFX+Audio Introduction & Tutorial

GFXUtil - Essential as you'll be using this to find DevicePaths and build hex codes

GFX-Strings

I found some information from Bronya on GFX Strings from post #801 . Bronya posted a hex file which I used to base my gfx string on.

Background:

• MSI ATI x1950 Pro 256MB (MSI RX1950PRO-T2D256)
  • GUID partitiion scheme with PC_EFI v8.0
  • Installed 10.5.0 from retail DVD (Video running in 1024x768 VESA mode, no QE/CI) - check out the following guide, highly recommended method for installing Leopard (what is better than plain vanilla?)
  • Upgraded to 10.5.1
  • 'Installed Bronya's 10.5.1 Leopard drivers (gives QE/CI, rotation, change resolutions etc.)

Briefest of the brief steps (I recommend giving a thorough reading to the above posts and experimenting):

• Downloaded Bronya's gfx string from post #803
  • Converted to xml form (plist) using gfxutil
  • Altered DevicePath dictionary value in plist to match my system (this is where you need to read the gfx string guides above). NOTE: do not solely rely on "gfxutil -f display" command to find DevicePath for display as it gave path to my display@1, not display@0 which meant gfx string did not initially work. RECOMMEND: learning to build map DevicePath manually
  • Viewed system.log in console to find properties and parameters that Natit is injecting during startup. Used Bronya's gfx string as basis for properties in plist but added some more and removed some properties that did not appear in my log. At this stage not sure what properties are essential and what aren't, but to be safe I added as many as possible. View this thread for more information on how to do this
  • Converted plist to hex using gfxutil
  • Added hex code to com.apple.Boot.plist and replaced existing Boot.plist (don't forget to repair ownership and permissions: chown root:admin and chmod 644)
  • Removed Natit
  • Cleared kext cache (removed Extensions.mkext)
  • Rebooted and back to 1680x1050 CE/QI, rotation, resolution change

I'm not sure if secondary display or TV out works. Apparently it does in Bronya's gfx string.

As a nice secondary effect, I now have sleep working for my system. Previously I woke up to a blank screen, it seems the removal of Natit.kext solved this. NOTE: I have also got EFI strings for my ALC882 (no more ALCInject.kext!) and ethernet device so it may be a combination of these three strings that fixed the sleep issue, but Natit.kext was definitely a problem.

I've attached my hex gfx string. Hope this information helps some people!

k

EDIT: I've noticed that the removal of Natit.kext with EFI string replacement has also cleared up a graphical glitch I was experiencing.

On shutdown or reboot the screen clears using a wipe transition, as I'm running with the '-v' flag console messages are displayed next (instead of the blue screen plus busy wheel). With Natit the screen would wipe clear about halfway, freeze and then I would not see the console messages. Without Natit and with EFI strings, it's back to normal. Another small advantage of GFX strings!

ATIx1950Pro.txt

Will test that right away sir!

Edit: Sadly, the 10.5.2 package doesn't work :) Still no CI, QE...

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: "01.00.140"

Displays: