Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Bronya, thanks for your great work!!!

Following your instructions I have now got my sapphire 256mb PCI x1950pro working with kalyway 10.5.1. I have QE/CI, resolution changing and no mouse tearing but one small problem remains. I am driving my monitor, a Samsung TFT, via DVI and every so often it seems to lose sync. leaving me with a blank screen. If I wait a few seconds then sync. is regained for a short while before the same thing happens again. I also see some screen judder. If I try and drive the monitor at 75Hz instead of 60Hz it loses sync much more often.

I know there is not a problem with the hardware as I never see any of this whilst just running XP. Any ideas what this is and how I can stop it?

Sorry , you fix cable true...

my hardware setup is in my sig. installed kalyway patched with thestevo 4.0 patch for my mobo don't think yours. azalea out, natit(used bronya's patch afterwards for full operation). and efi for mbr. thats it, super easy. just wish i could use vanilla kernal with this mobo. maybe later on. :wacko: xbenches now @184 without drives, as my ide is not udma, waiting on sata drive 2 weeks! then time for OC for no real reason other than to brag to my uncle who's a mac nazi, then film it and make an imovie out of it :P

This is really kool!

can you please eplain me better the way you installed the OS and the drivers?

which file you downloaded?

i got the same gfx card but on a ASUS P5B premium MB what's yours?

thank you very much for infos!

Hello guys, I have working my ati1950 pro 256 mb :D thanks for all bronyas, I have a problem with the resolution, how i can choose between differents resolutions?¿ and how can i set up me computer for connect one display more?¿

I can´t change the resolution, only 1024.... thankyou very much...

My about mac says :

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Hello leopard69 , can you explain:

Bronya, thanks for your great work!!!

Following your instructions I have now got my sapphire 256mb PCI x1950pro working with kalyway 10.5.1. I have QE/CI, resolution changing and no mouse tearing but one small problem remains. I am driving my monitor, a Samsung TFT, via DVI and every so often it seems to lose sync. leaving me with a blank screen. If I wait a few seconds then sync. is regained for a short while before the same thing happens again. I also see some screen judder. If I try and drive the monitor at 75Hz instead of 60Hz it loses sync much more often.

I know there is not a problem with the hardware as I never see any of this whilst just running XP. Any ideas what this is and how I can stop it?

What do you have this? can you do a small tutorial .. to work with this graphic card full? i have the same card.. but only have.. qe and ci in iatkos without rotation and changing resolutions.. and kaliway.. have rotation and resolutions but not qe and ci.

Thanks man.. good work.

Hello leopard69 , can you explain:

What do you have this? can you do a small tutorial .. to work with this graphic card full? i have the same card.. but only have.. qe and ci in iatkos without rotation and changing resolutions.. and kaliway.. have rotation and resolutions but not qe and ci.

Thanks man.. good work.

You download natit_prionace from post 1 and work change resolution .

bronyas thanks for all your effort and good work, you helps many people. I install first natit prionance and second , the driver for 7280 for 10.5.1, but i stay= . QE AN CI OK, but changing resolutions not possible.

can you write for the users with my card , the commands you write in the terminal before or after the install? its possible, that many people without a good level of informatic, we are writting the delete cache.. permision.. etc.. in the terminal .. its possible that we haven´t the knowless necesary for do the install well.

Thanks very much, sorry for my bad english, its horrible. :)

bronyas thanks for all your effort and good work, you helps many people. I install first natit prionance and second , the driver for 7280 for 10.5.1, but i stay= . QE AN CI OK, but changing resolutions not possible.

can you write for the users with my card , the commands you write in the terminal before or after the install? its possible, that many people without a good level of informatic, we are writting the delete cache.. permision.. etc.. in the terminal .. its possible that we haven´t the knowless necesary for do the install well.

Thanks very much, sorry for my bad english, its horrible. :)

If problem , then you copy from dvd 10.5 original ATIRNDRV.kext to /system/library/extensions . And delete extensions.mkext.

Then install natit_prionace and it is work .

Hello bronyas! I install iatkos 10.5.1 with efi emulation, network drivers, and natit, only. If I install prionance and the your driver when i restart me computer i have this:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

In system/extensions/... i haven´t any mkext. And ATIRNVDRV.KEXT its installed with your driver.

In these.. what can I do?¿

Bronas thanks for all, but I think that I install the kext bad, this isn´t normal, Can you write a post step by step can i install the kext of your package?, I think that i write bad the commands in the terminal, because your drivers are fantastics.

If you do a guide step by step, many people could install this without ask you ever, sorry for ask too I´m very clumsy.

I'm really interested in how to get sleep working...

I had Kalyway briefly installed and it worked fine with that, but now with iATkos, it does not work one bit.

I'm running a Bad Axe 2, and an x1950Pro. Anyone else have this combination and able to get sleep working? Is there a setting in my BIOS I can change?

I'd appreciate any help :(

MrVenini, you read an try driver 1052 the post!

So is this the new way to install the driver? If I did a fresh install of Leopard 10.5.0, and then installed the latest build of 10.5.2, I would use that 1052.zip you posted to make my card work? I'm a little confused now with this script, the old installer, and the new Prionace stuff you posted.

Hi ,

i´ve got a problem on 10.5.1. with my 1950pro 512MB pci-e (one DVI-out , one VGA out) :

After installing the mac os x i installed bronya´s 7280 package from the first page.

I get a blue screen with a cursor on it ... that´s it... got the same with 10.4.10.

Anyone got an idea? how to get the card working....????

Please help me ;)

Search and read a little bit! Here is the solution in this topic. I help u! I posted a file.

I read the whole 45 pages..... and didn´t find an answer.... not for 10.5.1.

There are some differences to your card : I have the 7280 (not7288) , PCI-E not AGP .... perhaps 512Mb problem?

I use the VGA out (not the DVI out) to my monitor.

Is there anything important before i intall the bronya package?

I read the whole 45 pages..... and didn´t find an answer.... not for 10.5.1.

There are some differences to your card : I have the 7280 (not7288) , PCI-E not AGP .... perhaps 512Mb problem?

I use the VGA out (not the DVI out) to my monitor.

Is there anything important before i intall the bronya package?

And u didn't find blue screen with cursor post? Really interesting. Ok I help u more: Read my signature.

And u didn't find blue screen with cursor post? Really interesting. Ok I help u more: Read my signature.
Oh :) what a funny game :-) I think you mean the two important lines on your signature :Sapphire ATI Radeon 1950GT 256M AGP id:7288 QE/CI on 1680x1050: Bronya's driver+ IONDRVSupport.kext(10.4.7)cyclonefr AGPgart for best performance by Slice But you have AGP i have PCI-e you have 7288 I have 7280 ..... so what is the magic word? -> IONDRVSupport?Could someone tell me (i´m a f**** beginner :o ) step by step what to do`?Step 1: Install 10.5.1. Step 2 : Install driver from page1 ---> blue Screen with cursor (PCI - E with 7280 on VGA Out (right one)I think the problem could be the natit.kext ? right?

The graphics update really fubared some things with this card... I'm not quite sure if installing 10.5.1 drivers will work at all, anyone brave enough to try it? :(

Edit: The graphics update disabled Quartz Extreme. Not sure if the 10.5.1 Bronya drivers will replace those new (crappy) drivers or if it will cause any harm. I'd attempt it, but I don't have a backup of System, nor a drive to backup onto.

Edit 2: I got anxious and tried reinstalling 10.5.1 Leo pack for the x1950pro, and it did absolutely nothing. QE is still "Not Supported" and graphics lags. I'm not quite sure if the Graphics Update (likely) or 10.5.2 update killed these drivers, but it seems like Apple is pointing the device to one of its 'new' drivers included. Hopefully Bronya can get a fix out soon =)

The driver 1052 for LEO ! Driver 7280 !

If without natit work QE/CI . Copy natit.kext and checkup !

Unpack 1052.zip and write in terminal :

cd 1052

sudo script.sh

reboot

Sorry to keep posting in this thread, but I attempted this (it was for a dev release of 10.5.2), and it did not work at all. QE still shows up as 'Not Supported'. Another thing to note is that my x1950pro shows up in PCI cards, and also Graphics... before all these updates it only showed up in Graphics. I'm not going to pretend to know what I'm talking about, so I'll just hold off now and wait until a fix is put out (hopefully!)

Thanks Bronya!

Edit: Scrizz-- I did just that and still ran into the same issues.