Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

what driver do I select when installing the Kalyway DVD? I tried BOTH the ATI ones separately, and even both together, but still no boot. I had it working fine when I installed everything manually (brazilmac, efi v5, vanilla kernels, etc) but now that i'm trying to do it automatically from the Kalyway disc it won't work. Tried unselecting all video drivers but still nothing! Recommendations?

edit:

so, if i boot into the kalyway dvd, terminal -> delete ATIRadeon1000* and delete natit.kext, and restart, I CAN boot into Leopard, but with no res/qe/ci obviously. If I install your 7280 package for 10.5.1 from the first page, I just get my blank wallpaper with nothing. restore backled up extensions -> no res/qe/ci. Install jcool's package for 1950XT and I get full res support (yay). Install your package OVER jcool and I am back to blank wallpaper with nothing. What's the solution?

it appears that your package's version of ATIRadeonX1000.pkg is causing this for me... what should i try?

Ugh, figured it out. Copied the drivers from my OLD backup of Leopard, and it works fine. Some reason, these drivers aren't listed on the front page any more, and they are the ONLY ones that work for me.

This gets me full res/qe/ci/tv out, etc with my x1950pro 7280 pcie. put folder "Drivers" in your leopard hd route directory.

7280_1051 Drivers

boot with -s flag.

mount -uw /
cp -r /Drivers/ /System/Library/Extensions/
kextcache -z -k /System/Library/Extensions/
reboot

Works !

Ugh, figured it out. Copied the drivers from my OLD backup of Leopard, and it works fine. Some reason, these drivers aren't listed on the front page any more, and they are the ONLY ones that work for me.

This gets me full res/qe/ci/tv out, etc with my x1950pro 7280 pcie. put folder "Drivers" in your leopard hd route directory.

7280_1051 Drivers

boot with -s flag.

mount -uw /
cp -r /Drivers/ /System/Library/Extensions/
kextcache -z -k /System/Library/Extensions/
reboot

Works !

LoL !

i have Powercolor x1950pro how your videocard 512 mb !

I any driver and all worked drivers !

Yeah, I really don't know man! I tried it all day yesterday. And yes it is 512mb. Maybe you know a fix for it so I can install it your way. My way has a LOT of mouse tearing!

When I install your package with a fresh OS X install, I restart and all I get is my blank desktop and the cursor. No icons, anything. What should I try?

thefinalprophecy ,i sincerely regret, I much that have written to you, here all is written. More shortly you should have experience!

You try copy original ATIRNDRV.kext and ATINDRV.kext from dvd and checkup !

Russian man try driver for 512 mb powercolor and work 100% :

post-31928-1201217211_thumb.jpg

If "My way has a LOT of mouse tearing", then you checkup natit (atindrv.kext or atirndrv.kext installed ?).

Well I figured out the first problem. OS X was detecting my TV Out as my primary display, which is why I got a blank background on my other. So, I reloaded OS X from scratch, installed your driver ATI_X1950_LEO from front page, and it works fine except no QE/CI. Do I need anything installed besides your package? Also, in my extensions folder, I see ATIRNDRV.kext and ATINDRV.kext.

edit: copied both ATIRNDRV and ATINDRV from original OS X DVD to my Leopard and still no work. No qe/ci. What is responsible?

Well I figured out the first problem. OS X was detecting my TV Out as my primary display, which is why I got a blank background on my other. So, I reloaded OS X from scratch, installed your driver ATI_X1950_LEO from front page, and it works fine except no QE/CI. Do I need anything installed besides your package? Also, in my extensions folder, I see ATIRNDRV.kext and ATINDRV.kext.

edit: copied both ATIRNDRV and ATINDRV from original OS X DVD to my Leopard and still no work. No qe/ci. What is responsible?

1) ATIRadeonX1000.kext - it QE/CI without natit ! If work QE/CI , then :

2) install ATIRNDRV.kext and natit.kext , can from diabolik natit . If install natit and no work QE/CI <- problem ATIRNDRV.kext ... You replace to my ATIRNDRV.kext !

IS Question ?

1) ATIRadeonX1000.kext - it QE/CI without natit ! If work QE/CI , then :

2) install ATIRNDRV.kext and natit.kext , can from diabolik natit . If install natit and no work QE/CI <- problem ATIRNDRV.kext ... You replace to my ATIRNDRV.kext !

IS Question ?

Yeah, I got qe/ci now, but still lots of mouse tearing lol. Bad days for me. Thank you for your help though. Where you from? I will buy you a drink.

Yeah, I got qe/ci now, but still lots of mouse tearing lol. Bad days for me. Thank you for your help though. Where you from? I will buy you a drink.

LOL :(

Work QE/CI , but "mouse tearing" , then you copy natit.kext and atirndrv.kext to /system/library/extensions !

note: ATIRNDRV.kext - it ATY_Prionace.kext ! If natit for alopias , then you edit info.plist in natit and replace ATY,Alopias to ATY,Prionace ...

Checkup !

hi all, hi Bronya Master! :)

my - x1950 pro (7280, 1002) 256MB - doesn't work under 10.4.10.

i mean there isn't QE/CI.

is there any simple .zip package available to get things done?

i mean with terminal scripts etc, for noobs like me.

just to extract and reboot.

thanks in advance

hi all, hi Bronya Master! :(

my - x1950 pro (7280, 1002) 256MB - doesn't work under 10.4.10.

i mean there isn't QE/CI.

is there any simple .zip package available to get things done?

i mean with terminal scripts etc, for noobs like me.

just to extract and reboot.

thanks in advance

Hi !

In 1 post it is driver for 10.4.10 . You Try ?

yepp, i tried that ;)

it caused that i could set the resolution on both monitors, but no QE/CI

thx

Sorry , you install opengl.framework .

You checkup , installed atiradeonx1000.kext in folder ?

You read all post in the theme!

thank you so much bronya! sapphire 1950pro pci-x works great on kalyway 10.51 just used the automated installer. restart=awesomeness

This is really kool!

can you please eplain me better the way you installed the OS and the drivers?

which file you downloaded?

i got the same gfx card but on a ASUS P5B premium MB what's yours?

thank you very much for infos!

Hey

i have tried nearly everything to get my x1950 gt 7288 pcie dvi/vga to work...sometimes i get full qe/ci res change and then white screen after reboot...is ther any chance to geht dvi/vga cards to work??

thank you guys

Hey

i have tried nearly everything to get my x1950 gt 7288 pcie dvi/vga to work...sometimes i get full qe/ci res change and then white screen after reboot...is ther any chance to geht dvi/vga cards to work??

thank you guys

You delete /system/library/extensions.mkext and reboot.

Bronya, thanks for your great work!!!

Following your instructions I have now got my sapphire 256mb PCI x1950pro working with kalyway 10.5.1. I have QE/CI, resolution changing and no mouse tearing but one small problem remains. I am driving my monitor, a Samsung TFT, via DVI and every so often it seems to lose sync. leaving me with a blank screen. If I wait a few seconds then sync. is regained for a short while before the same thing happens again. I also see some screen judder. If I try and drive the monitor at 75Hz instead of 60Hz it loses sync much more often.

I know there is not a problem with the hardware as I never see any of this whilst just running XP. Any ideas what this is and how I can stop it?