Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

-I decided to start from a clean install to eliminate any remnants from various changes made.

-After that, I used the 10.5.1 installer package on the first post only installing the ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

-QE/CI working as expected.

I then went to try several versions of Natit. The included one and the natit_edited which Alex HQuest suggested both work similarly. They will properly set the resolution after which the screen is blue with a movable cursor. In order to see the actual desktop as it should be rendered, the display must first enter sleep mode. I set it to enter sleep after 1 minute in the power options. After moving my mouse the display wakes up, and the desktop displays correctly.

I looked inside the Natit packages and was not sure what kinds of changes to the Info.plist that could be made to correct this since there seem to be quite a few variables at hand. It seems like there may be some tweak to the framebuffer offset that may help my issue?

GERGÖ, your IONDRVSupport.kext fixed my issue with the resolution changing. I'm curious what kind of 3D performance other AGP users are having. Mine is not so great, it's about 1/3 as fast as in Windows XP. I'm going to try several different values for my agp aperture in the bios, since that corrected some issues under Linux in the past.

GERGÖ, your IONDRVSupport.kext fixed my issue with the resolution changing. I'm curious what kind of 3D performance other AGP users are having. Mine is not so great, it's about 1/3 as fast as in Windows XP. I'm going to try several different values for my agp aperture in the bios, since that corrected some issues under Linux in the past.

It's nice that I could help you. I made Xbench tests, upload mine.

I installed agpgart.kext before, to have the best performance on agp.upload that too.

The agp aperture size should be the same as your graphics memory.

agpgart.zip

AGPGart.kext.zip

sorry maybe stupid or already asked question

:whish

version should i download if I have a 10.4.8 jas ?

and whats are the correct steps?

I have a x1950pro 512 pci-E

this is how system don't see my display :P

picture3uf4.png

please help is just the only thing don't work on my new hackintosh! :P

thanks anyone sharing infos on this GREAT FORUM!!!

peace

Bronya thanks for all your work:

Video card: ATI 256 mb X1950 PRO device ID 7280

processor: AMD 64 3000+

I have the video card drivers installed and I have resolution control but no QE. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks again

Bronya thanks for all your work:

Video card: ATI 256 mb X1950 PRO device ID 7280

processor: AMD 64 3000+

I have the video card drivers installed and I have resolution control but no QE. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks again

If no QE , then you checkup, my driver ATIRadeonX1000.kext installed ?

If installed ATIRadeonX1000.kext , but no QE , then you delete natit and checkup !

If deleted natit, but no QE, you delete cache (extensions.mkext) !

But if deleted natit and work QE, then you copy original ATIRNDRV.kext from dvd or from me !

And permissions and test !

:D

If no QE , then you checkup, my driver ATIRadeonX1000.kext installed ?

If installed ATIRadeonX1000.kext , but no QE , then you delete natit and checkup !

If deleted natit, but no QE, you delete cache (extensions.mkext) !

But if deleted natit and work QE, then you copy original ATIRNDRV.kext from dvd or from me !

And permissions and test !

:P

I'm sorry I am still fairly new to all of this. I don't understand what you want me to do. What to you mean by checkup?

Thanks

I'm sorry I am still fairly new to all of this. I don't understand what you want me to do. What to you mean by checkup?

Thanks

What Bronya is suggesting you to do is to verify if you have or not QE/CI with your current kexts. If you don't have QE, then you should try to install his driver package, and see what happens. If you installed it but still has no QE/CI, then delete Natit.kext and try again. If still have no lucky, then try also to remove extensions.mkext file (although i suggest you to do this every time to make sure you are using most up-to-date kexts).

However, if after deleting Natit.kext you got QE/CI, then copy either ATIRNDRV.kext from dvd or from his package files. Do not forget to repair permissions, and post what happens.

Also, I find out my x1950Pro card does not work with GeCube original BIOS. I flashed mine with a Powercolor one, worked. Flashed back original GeCube, stopped work. Do not ask me why...

What Bronya is suggesting you to do is to verify if you have or not QE/CI with your current kexts. If you don't have QE, then you should try to install his driver package, and see what happens. If you installed it but still has no QE/CI, then delete Natit.kext and try again. If still have no lucky, then try also to remove extensions.mkext file (although i suggest you to do this every time to make sure you are using most up-to-date kexts).

However, if after deleting Natit.kext you got QE/CI, then copy either ATIRNDRV.kext from dvd or from his package files. Do not forget to repair permissions, and post what happens.

Also, I find out my x1950Pro card does not work with GeCube original BIOS. I flashed mine with a Powercolor one, worked. Flashed back original GeCube, stopped work. Do not ask me why...

Thanks I will try in a few and post the results.