Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Does anyone managed to get an efi GFX String for the x1950pro (Device ID 7280) ?

Yes !!!

In me work efi on amd x1950 !!!

If you IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0 <-- UID=1 , then PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x.....) !!!

If you IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0 <-- UID=2 , then PciRoot(0x2)/Pci(0x.....) !!!

My info in IOREG :

post-31928-1199916733_thumb.png

_UID=1

IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/XVR0@E/display@0 <--- PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0xe,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) <-- 02010c00d041030a0100000001010600000e0101060000007fff0400

My system on AMD :

ATY,RadeonX1950GT pro:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1950GT pro

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

ROM Revision: 113-A52027-140

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.140

Displays:

BenQ FP2092:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

1950.txt <-- gfx-string for com.apple.boot.plist for AMD !

Work TV-out ! DUAL DVI work !

Enjoy !

P.S. I try boot_1950_efi without gfxstring(com.apple.boot.plist) ! Work !

For PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0xe,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)...boot_1950_efi.zip

The boot_1950_efi version 6 for MBR ! No guid table !

Bronya should I remove Natit.kext / ATI Drivers before trying the new boot_1950_efi? The EFI stuff has always been a wee bit confusing for me

If in your IORegistryExplorer show how IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/XVR0@E/display@0 , yes delete natit.kext and flash boot_1950_efi !

If in your IORegistryExplorer no show how do me , you flash boot_8v and test gfxstring in com.apple.boot.plist !

I think Mine is

IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/P0P2@1/display@0

This is for a X1950PRO on Intel Machine... The efi did not work for me but going to try your GFX string but I think maybe will need to make my own?

Yes. You found _UID = ?

IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/P0P2@1/display@0 <-- PciRoot(0x???)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

"???" <-- _UID = ?. You found _UID in ioreg in /PCI0@0 , if _UID=0 , then PciRoot(0x0)/......

Is there any solution for blue screen with cursor?? Now I installed the Kalyway dvd, and got the same blue screen, like before I installed the drivers earlyer on tiger and leopard.

Would the new agpgart help for me?

bronya or anyone,

im a new user of mac with leopard 10.5.1 installed in my hackintosh. please help me out with my powercolour x1950pro agp 256. i was able to have your drivers work except that i always get blue screen with mouse cursor on startup. my pc seems to be in sleep and cannot wake using the power button, keyboard or mouse actions. tnx.

bronya or anyone,

im a new user of mac with leopard 10.5.1 installed in my hackintosh. please help me out with my powercolour x1950pro agp 256. i was able to have your drivers work except that i always get blue screen with mouse cursor on startup. my pc seems to be in sleep and cannot wake using the power button, keyboard or mouse actions. tnx.

I think U have the same problem, as me. I think that is related with agp.

woo finally CI/QE/Rotation.

i had to copy all the original ATI files from my install CD over to my Leopard volume. I should have done this a long time ago, but I've been lazy.

After that I just installed as directed, and voila... works like a charm.

My menubar isn't translucent for some reason, but everything else seems to work.

bronya or anyone,

I think U have the same problem, as me. I think that is related with agp.

I almost gave up on my X1950 AGP. Tested a ton of drivers, options, mixes, whatever. I did not had any blue screen, my LCD screen just went black as if it was in power save, I could not even use Desktop Sharing (aka VNC) but I could connect using SSH to this machine and check all I could about what was happening at that time.

Other people I found they got such X1950pro/gt cards working appeared to me using PCI-Express, but not only the PCI-E could be the culprit: I did not figured out if they were using vanilla kernel or not, as with my (maybe our) old i875 chipset and lack of other processor features I can't go for vanilla.

So, if any of you managed to get this AGP card working, I would love to know what you had done. I ran out of ideas ;)

Good luck.

Bronya, do this image helps you someway regarding why I am not able to use your drivers? These were taken with NO drivers, NO QE/CI.

post-85724-1200181950_thumb.png

I'm in the same situation as Alex HQuest. I have a Gecube X1950 Pro AGP card with an Nforce 3 motherboard. After trying numerous combinations, I also was unable to get anything more than a black screen to display. Although I was able to change resolutions on the monitor via VNC. Not sure if there's anything that can be done to get these working, i've tried every file in this thread along with some others posted on the forums with no success. Perhaps someone will have some insight soon =)

Alex HQuest , your string PciRoot(0x???)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)Your what UID = ???If UID=1 , then PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) ...And you edit 1950.plist and convert to HEX !In 1950.plist you can replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,Alopias ...etc...

Then this is the end.AGP sucks. I should buy a new PC.
Yeah .You can delete natit.kext and checkup - work or no work QE/CI !!!???

Alex HQuest , your string PciRoot(0x???)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)Your what UID = ???If UID=1 , then PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) ...And you edit 1950.plist and convert to HEX !In 1950.plist you can replace ATY,Prionace to ATY,Alopias ...etc...Yeah .You can delete natit.kext and checkup - work or no work QE/CI !!!???

I'm afraid I can't use your boot_1950_efi, because 1) I am not running AMD system and 2) have efi_v8 installed already. So I am trying to figure out what to do to generate a new hex string for my Intel processor.

Either way, I am still trying to make this x1950pro AGP card to work. I do not have QE/CI yet.

post-85724-1200251292_thumb.png

HOLY SH*T, IT WORKS!!!!!11eleven

What I have done?

Thrown Kalyway 10.5.1 disc on DVD drive

sudo bash
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -fr ATI*
cp -r /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000* /System/Library/Extensions
cp -r /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRN* /System/Library/Extensions
cp -r /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ATIN* /System/Library/Extensions
cp -r /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon.kext /System/Library/Extensions
diskutil repairpermissions /

(then reboot)

Thrown a MSDOS disk with both ATIFlash and a PowerColor X1950Pro AGP 256Mb BIOS (got both from TechPowerUP!) and flashed my crappy GeCube with PowerColor BIOS

Plugged my LCD cable on lower DVI port (the one nearest motherboard)

Back on Leo, installed again ATI_X1950_Leo drivers from first post (id 0x7280) on this thread

Make sure I was able to connect using VNC/SSH from another machine

Restarted, ZOMFG IT WORKS!!!

I still need to do some workings on it. When I got it to work at the real very :rolleyes: first time, it was on 1600x1200 (24" Samsung screen), and I chose 1920x1440. Instantly I got the nasty blue screen with black mouse pointer. However, I could connect to Leo using VNC. Then I tried SwitchResX, no lucky. Removed Natit and got another one (Natit_edited) from Natit thread on X Labs, put in place, booted with -f -v and it is working at 1920x1200.

That's OK as IIRC this is the same resolution I am running back on WinXP (although before I got all whistles and bells I was running 1920x1440 in software mode).

What I think it was causing all this mess is:

1) DVI Connector: Most of the time I was using secondary DVI connection. This *can* explain why I was getting the :blush: black screen.

2) Kalyway's ATI Drivers: IDK which drivers is this disc installing by default. I copied again from DVD (got this tip somewhere in this topic) and gave another try.

3) VGA BIOS: I have no idea if this is what solved or not my issue. Card is working as expected, I played at least one Heroic instance in WoW while was testing card on WinXP, and now it is working also on Leo.

Still, there are TONS of questions floating around. Either way, I can celebrate for being persistent.

Thanks all.

Special thanks for Bronya for not killing me for all the time I bother him.

post-85724-1200254249_thumb.png

Alex HQuest, flashing the PowerColor bios to my Gecube card fixed the issue I was having. Great idea! Now the only remaining issue I have is the blue screen that comes up initially. After a few minutes the desktop displays correctly and works 100%, but it sits at the blue screen / cursor for a while beforehand. Not sure exactly why this is happening. Also in order to get hardware acceleration working I had to install the AGPGart 2.6.0 kext. Hopefully other users of this card will see similar success!

Alex HQuest, flashing the PowerColor bios to my Gecube card fixed the issue I was having. Great idea! Now the only remaining issue I have is the blue screen that comes up initially. After a few minutes the desktop displays correctly and works 100%, but it sits at the blue screen / cursor for a while beforehand. Not sure exactly why this is happening. Also in order to get hardware acceleration working I had to install the AGPGart 2.6.0 kext. Hopefully other users of this card will see similar success!

I had installed AGPGart but it didn't change nothing in performance or whatever. I don't remember if I had changed or not anything else besides those ATI drivers (i *think* my OpenGL framework and other files I was pointed to change over this thread are all original again, as I had reinstalled Leopard some days ago).

What I suggest you is to try other Natit kext's until you find one which works for you. As I said, I used Natit_edited.kext.zip from this post and got my screen working.

Hi:I have a his x1950pro 256 mb ID 7280Mac 10.4.10I Install the driver, no CI/QE supported, then install the fix:CI:SoftwareQE: No supportedWhat i do wrong?Thanks
You delete /system/library/extensions.mkext and extensions.kextcache ! And reboot .
Now I installed without natit. I get colorful screen[/img]

LOL ! :)

You delete files :

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000ga.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRNDRV.kext

natit.kext

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

and /system/library/extensions.mkext and reboot.

THEN You copy originals files from DVD files to your Leopard mac os x !

and repairpermissions !

And you copy one driver from 4 drivers leo from archive.zip Archive.zip And what the ATIRadeonX1000.kext worked ??? ... You please test only the 4 drivers without natit !!!

I can't believe! I succeded! Thx for Bronya, and Cyclonefr. I used the drivers in 1st post and IONDRVSupport.kext(10.4.7), and installed.

After 9 month my graphics card works.

DSC00098_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Is this unknown ati card thing important?

I have to solve the br0 error at boot, and everything is perfect.

U dunno how happy I am! :(