Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hi Bronya

======

i`ve installed driver: ATI_TV_X1950_Leopard.zip .

Screen suffered from jamming

And there in the middle of the screen ((PCI card ))

======

and after i install : ATI_X1950_LEO.zip

Fan became irritating spin at high speed (( too noisy ))

======

Cheer

i'm sorry for asking a question that may seem tedious but i do not fully understand what i need to do to install. do i

install leopard

boot up and delete all of the ati kexts

replace them with the ones from your .zip on post 1

reboot?

also, where are the ati kexts i need to delete?

any help would be really appreciated

what are you running 10.4.8, 10.4.9, or 10.4.10?

have you tried running my x1950gt installer?

x1950gt installer

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!

Your installer is perfect for my configuration. It's the only installer that recognize both primary an secondary display adapter om mine X1950 GT (VD PEAK ATI RADEON X1950GT 256MB PCX)

I am running 10.4.10.

Only a doubt: why "Core Image" is only supported and not Hardware accelerated?

thanks in advance

PS sorry for my bad english

Thanks to Bronya & Scrizz To Bronya & Scrizz Thanks, thanks, thanks !!!!

I tried your installer x1950GT_installer.mpkg.zipi. It s perfect for my configuration. It's the only installer that recognize both primary an secondary display adapter om mine X1950 GT (VD PEAK ATI RADEON X1950GT 256MB PCX)

I am running 10.4.10.

Just a quick question: why "Core Image" is only "supported" why not "Hardware accelerated"? What can I have to do?

thanks in advance

Thanks to Bronya & Scrizz To Bronya & Scrizz Thanks, thanks, thanks !!!!

I tried your installer x1950GT_installer.mpkg.zipi. It s perfect for my configuration. It's the only installer that recognize both primary an secondary display adapter om mine X1950 GT (VD PEAK ATI RADEON X1950GT 256MB PCX)

I am running 10.4.10.

Just a quick question: why "Core Image" is only "supported" why not "Hardware accelerated"? What can I have to do?

thanks in advance

You go to in post 1 and download drivers for your system versions !

You delete x1950GT_installer.mpkg.zip , then download from post 1 and install new the drivers !

You go to in post 1 and download drivers for your system versions !

You delete x1950GT_installer.mpkg.zip , then download from post 1 and install new the drivers !

Bronya, thanks for your answer but it was the first things I did. Howewer after your suggestion I have repeated the installation of the driver:

1 - install Opengl.framework for tiger;

2 -install ATI_X_1950_7288.mpkg from post #1

3 - open terminal and wrote the sequence illustrated in post #1 and then reboot.

Attached the start configuration (with 1950GT_installer.mpkg.zip) and the

final result (ATI_X_1950_7288.mpkg from post #1) :D:D:D

Any suggestion?

Config_First_After.pdf

I really appreciate the work you do here! I got a question though:

My qe/ci don't work anymore with the new package. I have 10.4.10 with a sapphire agp 1950 pro 512. I've tried the opengl thing but it didnt help. Also dual dvi works, but one dvi and one vga dont work. I just get a blue screen with a cursor at the vga monitor. I havent tried tv-out yet. Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

i got the driver work for about 2 boots. it worked perfekt and then next time i booted the pc, i got black & white stripes on both screens. i installed the driver again (via installer DVD) and it worked. now i got the stripes again. i don't know why. i didntt change anything, no driver, not a little programm was installed.

Leopard 10.5.1

Sapphire X1950GT 256mb

Bronya, thanks for your answer but it was the first things I did. Howewer after your suggestion I have repeated the installation of the driver:1 - install Opengl.framework for tiger;2 -install ATI_X_1950_7288.mpkg from post #13 - open terminal and wrote the sequence illustrated in post #1 and then reboot.Attached the start configuration (with 1950GT_installer.mpkg.zip) and the final result (ATI_X_1950_7288.mpkg from post #1) :(:):D Any suggestion?

0) you install system mac os x 10.4.10 and metod install :

1 - install Opengl.framework for tiger; <- nop !

2 - install ATI_X1950_7288.mpkg from post #1 <- YES !

3 - open terminal and wrote the sequence illustrated in post #1 and then reboot. <- ok !

4) you download here natit.

5) delete rm /system/library/extensions.mkext and system/library/extensions.kextcache

6) reboot .

I really appreciate the work you do here! I got a question though:My qe/ci don't work anymore with the new package. I have 10.4.10 with a sapphire agp 1950 pro 512. I've tried the opengl thing but it didnt help. Also dual dvi works, but one dvi and one vga dont work. I just get a blue screen with a cursor at the vga monitor. I havent tried tv-out yet. Could you help me with this?Thanks!
Your dev id for your videocards ???
i got the driver work for about 2 boots. it worked perfekt and then next time i booted the pc, i got black & white stripes on both screens. i installed the driver again (via installer DVD) and it worked. now i got the stripes again. i don't know why. i didntt change anything, no driver, not a little programm was installed.Leopard 10.5.1Sapphire X1950GT 256mb
You delete /system/library/extensions.mkext and /system/library/extensions.kextcache and reboot and -f -v !

X2K86 , i sent here driver natit for ATY_Alopias for your 7240 . And you try.

Natit_Alopias.zip

Hi,

I don't get my X1950GT running. Only thing I could do after installing the driver is change the resolution to 1280.

Is it possible that the driver provided by Bronja doesn't work on 10.5.0 because its described for 10.5.1? If so, is there a driver for the 10.5.0?

I did everything as described more than one time, but the card is always only detected as:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI unknown card

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

Steckplatz: Slot-1

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x7288

Versions-ID: 0x009a

EFI-Treiberversion: "01.00.140"

Monitore:

VX912:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Software

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Nicht unterstützt

Rotation: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

I did the following things: download the driver from first page and installed it, typed the commands in a terminal and made a reboot.

Is it necessary to install the ati driver for the G5 power mac or does this driver work without the official one?

Thanks for your help,

Broemme

i got the driver work for about 2 boots. it worked perfekt and then next time i booted the pc, i got black & white stripes on both screens. i installed the driver again (via installer DVD) and it worked. now i got the stripes again. i don't know why. i didntt change anything, no driver, not a little programm was installed.Leopard 10.5.1Sapphire X1950GT 256mb

You delete /system/library/extensions.mkext and /system/library/extensions.kextcache and reboot and -f -v !

yeah, tried that a hundret times, absolutly no effekt

Hi !

I dont write good sorry if you dont no what i write but plese HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need SappireATI 1950pro 512mb driver !I use :(Myzar) Mac_OSX_10.4.9_Install_Disc.iso.zip (AMD/INTEL/SSE2/SSE3)

(I have AMD 3700)

I try 10.4.10 driver but after dont change nothing !My result same 1024 !I do automatic install on thi driver and after i restart .

I dont no use the mac im never use mac before.

I download the APERTURE 1.5 trial and he write error massage "you dont have the minimmal videocard "

.i read meny people do this:

"""We write to the terminal:

sudo -s also enter the password root!

chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

rm /system/library/extensions.mkext

rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions

REBOOT!!!

Enjoy!"""

but i dont no what is this ?What is the terminal and where is everything ?

I need do this ?

Sorry i verry amateur for use mac but i want learn i like !

I need help for 10.4.9 mac Ati 1950pro DVI out driver ??????????????????

Thank you !!

@hakagyi: ternimal is under applications/utilities

make sure you also install the opengl framework.

If that doesn't work, you could try one of the older drivers which do work for 10.4.8/10.4.9

@Snowflake: crossfire is not supported.

Hi,I don't get my X1950GT running. Only thing I could do after installing the driver is change the resolution to 1280. Is it possible that the driver provided by Bronja doesn't work on 10.5.0 because its described for 10.5.1? If so, is there a driver for the 10.5.0?I did everything as described more than one time, but the card is always only detected as:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI unknown card Typ: Monitor...

I did the following things: download the driver from first page and installed it, typed the commands in a terminal and made a reboot. Is it necessary to install the ati driver for the G5 power mac or does this driver work without the official one?Thanks for your help,Broemme

I added driver for LEO 10.5.0 7288 ! Try !
Hi !I dont write good sorry if you dont no what i write but plese HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I need SappireATI 1950pro 512mb driver !I use :(Myzar) Mac_OSX_10.4.9_Install_Disc.iso.zip (AMD/INTEL/SSE2/SSE3)(I have AMD 3700)...I need help for 10.4.9 mac Ati 1950pro DVI out driver ??????????????????Thank you !!
I added driver for 10.4.9 for 7280 !
Bronya, if you do decide to stop supporting this, will you release the source so somebody could carry on in your absense?
No! I one ! I temporarily stop to do the driver! If there will be new version LEO, I likely shall make...

man was i happy to find this thread. ok...i got JaS 10.4.8 installed, and updated to 10.4.9 via the Macdavenf6 updater (nforce6 motherboard). i'm lookin to use some iLife stuff and i heard it required 10.4.9. thus far i haven't been able to update to 10.4.10 and i've tried a few different ways, getting tired of restoring with norton ghost over and over lol.

i have a x1950gt 512mb, device ID 7288. the only drivers i could get to sorta work are the last ones mentioned specificly for 10.4.9 in the first post. QE still shows up Not Supported, but it picks up all 512mb of the VRAM and correctly detects my 2 monitors (for that alone, you are god to me.). honestly i'm satisfied with that, but i'd like to get QE working to check it out if at all possible. any ideas on how to go about that? i noticed the 7280 10.4.9 drivers have a different device ID in the installer but are listed in the post as being for 7288. could i just edit some file somewhere and stick my device ID in, to make it recognize my card properly and let QE etc. work?

even if i can't get QE going, im very very happy to have my displays detected properly now.