Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

i have a Saphire X1950GT (7288) and Leopard 10.5.1 on an AMD pc and i get black and white stripes on my two screens (both DVI) when the graphical interface starts (shortly before the login) with the new driver.

i tried to reinstall, to repair permissions, and some other methods (i forgot which methods too much)

any ideas? even the -x option does not work any more!

edit: with vga-adapters, one screen is white and the other doesn't work (no signal)

The picture is OK on VGA so I don't have that "interference" problem anymore, but:

For some reason a couple of audio plugins crash with your driver on Leopard. This doesn't happen in Tiger. I suspect that it has something to do with the display driver, because the crash happens just before the user interface comes up.

Strange? The plugins work fine on a normal Mac - also on Leopard.

OK, I reinstalled Leopard and those plugins now work, no more crashes!

I noticed that your newer Leo 1950Pro driver with TV out has louder fan noise than the older one, though. So I am using the older.

OK, I reinstalled Leopard and those plugins now work, no more crashes!

I noticed that your newer Leo 1950Pro driver with TV out has louder fan noise than the older one, though. So I am using the older.

:D

You send to me older driver . I checkup .

How do I send it?

The quiet driver has name ATI_1950_7280_installer and date Nov 7 on my computer.

Install window has text:"The driver for 7280 for LEOPARD 9a581 !Dmitrik !"

I believe it was the first Leo driver you put in here, before the TV out.It definitely is much more quiet than the Leo TV or the new Leo 10.5.1 driver here.

By the way, I can install the new Leo 10.5.1 driver -> Reboot -> install the old quiet driver -> reboot. And then it is quiet again, but maybe not all new features? QE/OGL works.

How do I send it?

The quiet driver has name ATI_1950_7280_installer and date Nov 7 on my computer.

Install window has text:"The driver for 7280 for LEOPARD 9a581 !Dmitrik !"

I believe it was the first Leo driver you put in here, before the TV out.It definitely is much more quiet than the Leo TV or the new Leo 10.5.1 driver here.

By the way, I can install the new Leo 10.5.1 driver -> Reboot -> install the old quiet driver -> reboot. And then it is quiet again, but maybe not all new features? QE/OGL works.

Ok ! I understood !

You try your metods ...

Noise proceeds from the TV!

Ok ! I understood !

You try your metods ...

Noise proceeds from the TV!

Do you mean that it has to be cooled more (faster fan) when TV out is enabled? Could it be changed?

Quiet is more important than TV out for most, I think.

I am OK now, but in the future, I hope you will continue to bring out new quiet driver if needed.

Thanks again, Bronya.

Do you mean that it has to be cooled more (faster fan) when TV out is enabled? Could it be changed?

Quiet is more important than TV out for most, I think.

I am OK now, but in the future, I hope you will continue to bring out new quiet driver if needed.

Thanks again, Bronya.

Ok .

But the driver - ATY_Prionace or ATY_PrionaceB ! You edit in natit info.plist and replace name "ATY,PrionaceB" to "ATY,Prionace" ... try ...

Natit_Prionace.zip

hey guys,

can someone tell me what the opengl installer for 10.4.9 does?

i accidently installed it on my 10.5.1, and now it doesn't boot anymore :'(

anyone knowing steps to take back the changes?

You copy from dvd leo folder /system/library/framework/OpenGl.framework and copy to you HDD .