Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

getting a system extension cannot be used error

the system extension "/system/library/extensions/atitvout.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products`s vendor for an update.

on 10.4.11 after I performed the upgrade using your ATI_TV_X1950_Tiger pkg for 10.4.11

any ideas Bronya?

Bronya, I have one question.

I have installed ATI X1950Pro (id 7280 by ASUS) on my Leopard 10.5.1 (AMD based system).

It works like a charm and many thanks for that! :D

But I wondering if I mess something wrong, coz I couldn't find the window like on the screen below:

post-55053-1196583463_thumb.png

Could you (or anyone on that forum) tel me how to do it.

I have no words, only, thanks Bronya.

Edit: I have found some words.

x1950pro pci-e 256mb

Tv-out is great and working on 10.5.1

I have got more then a few new resolutions(all working),above the limit of my 19" lcd,such as 1600x1200

1600x1280 and more.

Bugs:

when I press "Detect Displays" my main lcd screen loses input,and only my tv is working,only after restart all is ok.

when I try to mirror resolutions that only my tv support , I get this blue cover on my lcd,(I can see the desktop ,but can't change anything,and again only restart helps.

Thanks a million.

I have install Leo new.

PC_Evi v8 and 10.5.1 update.

I had the problem that my resolution are Ok but the Qe and Ci not working after the installation of the driver from Bronya . Then i have delete the ATIRadeonX1000.kext - restart - the install again the driver from Bronya - and it works the 0x7280 with Qc and Ci on 10.5.1 .

I hope it help you

I have install Leo new.

I had the problem that my resolution are Ok but the Qe and Ci not working after the installation of the driver from Bronya . Then i have delete the ATIRadeonX1000.kext - restart - the install again the driver from Bronya - and it works the 0x7280 with Qc and Ci on 10.5.1 .

I hope it help you

:censored2:

You in single user -f -v -s and delete /system/library/extensions.kextcache and extensions.mkext !!! And reboot !

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO.. WOrking perfectly! Thanks Sasch for your suggestion! I must have deleted something so I restored the kexts from when I freshly installed 10.5.1 (Thank goodness for backups) and then re-installed the driver from post 1. VOILA Dual DVI Monitors working with HW Accel!! I am in heaven!! This rock's. No need to boot into windows again!!!

Kevin

PS.. BRONYA thank you SO MUCH for keeping working on this!!!

Thank you again for the drivers. I still have the crawling interference lines on some coloured backgrounds (middle gray in Logic for example). I don't have this on Vista side. I wonder what the reason could be? Using DVI.

EDIT: I now tried with VGA and I don't see that "interference on some grey colours" problem, but the picture isn't quite as sharp as DVI...

Hello there!

First of all, thank you for your good work, Bronya!

But I have a problem now, and I cannot figure out what's going on.

The drivers worked fine on 10.4.8. I then upgraded to 10.4.9 and then 10.4.10, with 10.4.10 kernel.

After the upgrade, i had the following problem:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54131 (Graphics were corrupted under wow.)

I then installed the 10.4.10 driver from the first page (the installer file).

After that I had no more OpenGL support. System Profiler says that I have QE/CI support, but if I open up WoW or Google Earth or anything else that uses OpenGL (even the screensaver!) the area where the graphic should be stays black or white, and theres no graphics.

Any Idea would be appreciated!

So long,

docd

Edit: Graphics Card is an x1950pro

The picture is OK on VGA so I don't have that "interference" problem anymore, but:

For some reason a couple of audio plugins crash with your driver on Leopard. This doesn't happen in Tiger. I suspect that it has something to do with the display driver, because the crash happens just before the user interface comes up.

Strange? The plugins work fine on a normal Mac - also on Leopard.

I have install Leo new.

I hope it help you

I tried this method on 10.5.1 with the leopard drivers 7280, but didn`t work for me still no qe and ci :D What is also really strange is Im getting a video card symbol in the centre of the screen showing my power connector is not connected when it is. Any ideas guys?