Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

@cfmwan

It brakes my heart, too... but still no successful method for the Radeon x1950GT on Leo :) 4 hours ago I pushed my luck (even if I new it's stupid) and I used Bronya's new driver installer for 7288!... on a fresh ToH

So, Bronya :) You might be our closest hope :)

Hi guys¡ ... i-m having troubles installing my X1950GT on 10.4.9. I tried every drive in this topic and still doesn-t work. The natit installers doesnt run!! i dont know why. how can i install the natit edited drive manually?

I tried withScrizz`s drivers..and gives me QE and IC but i have mouse tearing. I installed mighty mouse and still getting mouse tearing.

please help, and thanks.

@Scrizz

I got an interesting question. The driver you made for x1950GT should produce CI: Supported ??? I used it on a new 10.4.8 (of a friend of mine), and the System Profiler displays "CI: Supported", not "Hardware accelerated"... His x1950GT is also on AGP bus, like mine. :worried_anim: Now I'm comparing his kexts with mines (on my Tiger)... Strange... I might be on something... :glare:

hi Bronya and everybody

I have a problem about my Sapphire x1950Pro 512 mb AGP card.

I install your package for 9a581 ATI_1950_7280_installer when reboot my desktop is show only mouse cersor,

but when I push power button everything is show and my vga card is work full, but my network is lost.

what's happen ?

FewEto

same here but on my X1950 GT AGP 7288 got bleu screen and only mouse cersor and when I push power button everything is show for 1 sec then computer hebirnate and cant wake him ( = reboot =p )

any one know how to fix that pls ?

tnxs by advance :(

well now it works i can used EDID info from the LCD manage res and gamma... and else.. BUT the second display ( AOC 17" ) works like a mirrow from the first display and it doesnt shows up graphics/displays in system profiler... any idea of hot to use extended display??!!

Just to put my 2cents worth in:

I used (from the 1st page) :-

For 10.4.10 !!! :

DEVID_7280 - Here installer 1950Pro

This worked fine with my ATI 1950Pro AGP DVI out on 10.4.8 and also 10.4.9. Thanks Bronya and the rest :P

Hmm. Here is what I had happen with 10.5.1

1) Installed Netkas EFI v5 with the script

2) Installed 10.5.1,dmos.kext (When rebooted the machine would reboot constantly)

3) To get it stable I replaced kernel with netkas/ToH Kernel

9.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Sun Nov 4 20:22:44 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

4) It would start up and stop at the blue screen window so next I booted into single user and removed all ATI Drivers and Natit, reset permissions, rebooted

5) Now with the system running (Minus all the fun QE....) I re-downloaded the 10.5 drivers for the 1950Pro 512Mb PCIE card and re-installed then rebooted

Back to wonderful with QE/CI/OpenGL.. with 10.5.1 (Minus new kernel)

Now to figure out why the default kernel would not work... Hmmm..... I thought the Netkas EFI would take care of it. Unfortunately it so quickly rebooted I could not see what was going on. But that problem is for another thread...

Kevin

To get everything fully working again, I just copied all ATI*.kext from my backed up 10.5.0 /System/Library/Extensions, put in 10.5.1 /System/Library/Extensions, chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.kext, deleted Extensions.mkext from /System/Library and rebooted. (7280 Dev ID)

Once I get my system working correctly, I always copy the Extensions folder to another drive to protect me from my own stupidity/curiosity.

Qe/Ci works with 1950gt(0x7288) on 10.5.1

If you update from 10.5.0 to 10.5.1

Qe/Ci won't work

Here is What I did

Delete /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000 , ATIRadeonX1000GA, ATINDRV, ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver, ATIRadeonX1000VADrvier, and Natit

then reinstall the 1950gt package for 7288

To get everything fully working again, I just copied all ATI*.kext from my backed up 10.5.0 /System/Library/Extensions, put in 10.5.1 /System/Library/Extensions, chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.kext, deleted Extensions.mkext from /System/Library and rebooted. (7280 Dev ID)

Once I get my system working correctly, I always copy the Extensions folder to another drive to protect me from my own stupidity/curiosity.

Hey, this worked, thanks! It also fixed all the problems I've had with iWork since updating!! Working 100% once again. :)

The only bugger is the fan running full speed after sleep resume, but I can live with that.