Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

It does work!!!! One problem I have, don't know if it's related or not but I can't magnify the dock, even if I enable it in the preferences :S... But other than that, it's perfect!!!

I can increase and reduce! At you what that a problem "Dock"... You should decipher "Dock"...

YAHOOOO!!!!! on a 1950PRO 512Mb PCIE it works great (Even See's all the 512Mb) with 10.5 ToH install and Netkas new Kernal/ACPI/SMBIOS. The only problem is the second monitor it not working. Both are connected over DVI so I am going through the fun of cable changing to VGA to see if that helps. BUT then again on any OSX86 my 1950PRO has never gotten the second monitor working (Minus mirror when no driver installed). Lep looks so much better with QE/CI!!!

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Thank You!!!

Kevin

PS> My Dock Magnification worked before the driver (with the 1950XT version) and after install. So I think the problems with the non-working Magnification Dock are not to do with this driver!!

PPS> I would never imagine to have LEP working this well so close to it's release!!

YAHOOOO!!!!! on a 1950PRO 512Mb PCIE it works great (Even See's all the 512Mb) with 10.5 ToH install and Netkas new Kernal/ACPI/SMBIOS. The only problem is the second monitor it not working. Both are connected over DVI so I am going through the fun of cable changing to VGA to see if that helps. BUT then again on any OSX86 my 1950PRO has never gotten the second monitor working (Minus mirror when no driver installed). Lep looks so much better with QE/CI!!!

Hi Kevin, can you tell me what steps you've taken to get 1950PRO works on 10.5?

Also~ Where can I found a copy of Netkas new Kernel/ACPI/SMBIOS? Are they related to my "Sleep mode" issue on notebook?

Many thanks! :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi Kevin, can you tell me what steps you've taken to get 1950PRO works on 10.5?

Also~ Where can I found a copy of Netkas new Kernel/ACPI/SMBIOS? Are they related to my "Sleep mode" issue on notebook?

Many thanks! :D

look 10 posts above you,for the x1950

and for the kernel go to irc.osx86.hu #10.5

Hey E-Ghost, Here is what exactly I have done.

0) Got ToH release and Clean Installed and Dual Booting with Vista (That was alittle of a bit of pain and I ended up mistakenly replacing boot loader for Vista, Oh well, A few good Vista repair tricks and that was solved with no loss of my vista install)

1) Installed the Jccool 1950XT Lep Driver because I wanted to use resolution change till Broya did his 1950Pro magic.

2) Install the new Kernel/ACPI/SMBios from http://netkas.freeflux.net/ (NOTE: You have to go on the IRC Chanel and it says where to grab them and to install the 4 things ACPI/SMBIOS/Mach_Kernel/SpeedStep Util, I am running on a Asus P5KE MB with Q6600 and 2 GB of RAM)

3) Then tonight I just installed Broya's new driver and Viola!! It works a treat!

Let me know if that is not enough info and I will try to help!

Kevin

so to report that I cannot get DUAL monitors working on a DUAL DVI 1950PRO with any combination of rebooting and DVI->VGI adapters. If anyone gets this going could you please pass on the trick? The system Profiler sees the Secondary Output but never will see a Display Connected.

But if you you disconnect one the other starts working until you replug back in the original! This in the only thing keeping me from working the day in OSX as apposed to stinken Vista.

Thanks,Kevin

Hi, Bronya! Hi guys! :unsure:

I got myself a Palit Radeon x1950GT Super on AGP ( http://www.palit.biz/en/products/ati_agp_X...Super.html#spec )... Now I'm playn' around with kexts and natits, and either I am pretty flat out :) or I must be missing something on the way ...cause I can't get it right :)

So: I got a (still) fresh (I hope) Tiger 10.4.8 installed with support for x1000. My Dev_ID is 7288, my revision_ID is 009a. I ain't got neither CI nor QE and :unsure: (I like this one) my System Profiler shows me I use an "ATI unknown card", with 512VRAM, roting on a PCI bus (!!!)

All in all is ok, cause the VGA detects both my CRTs (especially the one I hate to use as primary display - I got a 17" HP 8901a)... (and a 21" Compaq P1220, that the system recognize it as a "VGA monitor") I'd realy like it the other way...

Thanks :unsure: And pls, someone pull me out of this mess, or shoot me! :unsure:

Hi all, can report its working perfectly on my Asus EAX X1950PROPCI-E 256mb. Thanks a ton Bronya, the installer was flawless, no messing about this time. Just install and reboot and you are good to go. Great work Bronya, Leopard is flying on my system. Much faster than Tiger.

Hi guys! :)

I got myself a Palit Radeon x1950GT Super on AGP ( http://www.palit.biz/en/products/ati_agp_X...Super.html#spec )... Now I'm playn' around with kexts and natits, and either I am pretty flat out :( or I must be missing something on the way ...cause I can't get it right ;)

So: I got a (still) fresh (I hope) Tiger 10.4.8 installed with support for x1000. My Dev_ID is 7288, my revision_ID is 009a. I ain't got neither CI nor QE and :D (I like this one) my System Profiler shows me I use an "ATI unknown card", with 512VRAM, roting on a PCI bus (!!!)

All in all is ok, cause the VGA detects both my CRTs (especially the one I hate to use as primary display - I got a 17" HP 8901a)... (and a 21" Compaq P1220, that the system recognize it as a "VGA monitor") I'd realy like it the other way...

Thanks ;) And pls, someone pull me out of this mess :(