Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

e-ghost, yep aty_alopias.kext in /system/.../atindrv.kext/contents/plugins/

Enjoy .

Hi Bronya thanks for your reply! I have reinstall your pack for 10.4.9 on Post #1 all over again but still no go. By steps are:

1) Remove all ATI*.kext and Natit.kext. rm -rf /s/l/Extensions.*

2) Install the Ati_x1950GT_Pro.mpkg.zip with custom install. Select everything except ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugins. When it complete, don't press "restart" yet

3) Manual install ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugins from your ati_7288.zip

4) chown; chmod; kextcache -k -z /s/l/extensions; restart

=> The result the 1950GT (PCI-E with dual DVI) was detected as "ATI unknown card". No QE/CI at 1440x900 (Natit works?)

5) Then changed to use scrz's Natit. This time detect "ATI 1950GT". With "rotation" and 1440x900 but also no QE/CI

Seems I never tried to get QE/CI to work at all. May I clarify the following?

6) ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugins are for QE/CI enabling for 1950?

7) ATY_Alopias.kext.zip is for QE/CI through DVI, right?

8) Natit is for screen resolution?

I can get Natit to work with higher resolution so I don't worry it. Then the only problem is my DVI card never work with QE/CI at all. Any hints? What is the minimal step (install which) to get QE/CI to work? (Must through DVI for my case) I have been suck at this point for days already~ What may I do wrong? Please kindly give me some hints. Thanks a lot~ :blink:

Seems I never tried to get QE/CI to work at all. May I clarify the following?

6) ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugins are for QE/CI enabling for 1950?

7) ATY_Alopias.kext.zip is for QE/CI through DVI, right?

8) Natit is for screen resolution?

I can get Natit to work with higher resolution so I don't worry it. Then the only problem is my DVI card never work with QE/CI at all. Any hints? What is the minimal step (install which) to get QE/CI to work? (Must through DVI for my case) I have been suck at this point for days already~ What may I do wrong? Please kindly give me some hints. Thanks a lot~ :rolleyes:

Yep !

1) ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonx1000GA.plugin IS QE/CI!!!

2) Natit.kext IS A CHANGE OF THE RESOLUTION OF THE MONITOR!

3) ATY_Alopias from ATINDRV.kext IS A WORK ON DVI C SUPPORT QE/CI and change resolution monitor!

Try!

P.S. You update to 10.4.10 and install the new driver and the work , not problem !

Hello Bronya,

I tried to install the ATI_1950_PRO.mpkg to make my Asus EAX1950XTX PCIe 512 MB, but, after installing it, i lost the resolutions other than 1024x768. Does not work whith extended desktop...

I do no know what to do, i'm lost, completly sorry, but i don't understand half of the quarter of the content in this topic...

In other words, HELP

Could you do something for me, it'll be very kind of you

P.S. :Sorry for my poor english, but i'm from belgium (this land exists, i swear!)

Thanks

Hi Bronya, I just wanted to clarify something with you. I am using your latest driver on 10.4.10, I have a Asus Eax 1950pro-PCI-E. Everything works including CI and QE.

1. I am getting some diskarb errors immediately after natit loads successfully.

'kextd[27]: kextd_watch_volumes: couldn't set up diskarb sessions'

This happens for about 5 times/10 seconds then some iokit message rolls by and loginwindows starts successfully. I am having no problems at all only the boot delay. On some of the natit posts here this has happened with nvidia cards and editing info plists with device id can resolve this. Would you have any idea about this?

Edit: Removed natit to check and am still getting diskarb errors so this has probably nothing to do with natit.

2. In dmesg found this message after natit loads successfully 'Aty,Alopias Not Usable' twice. This is also there in system.log:

Oct 6 15:15:18 localhost kernel[0]: ATY,Alopias: Not usable

Oct 6 15:15:18 localhost kernel[0]: ATY,Alopias: Not usable

Hi Bronya, nevermind. I just removed natit to check if diskarb errors were still happening and they were so this has nothing to do with natit.

"Diskarb sessions" <- You delete file in terminal:

rm /etc/rc.installer_cleanup

reboot

has anyone gotten a second monitor working with the 10.4.10 drivers on a PCIe 512 1950Pro? Everything else is great!
While not present , It not soon...
Ok!I'm lost. I have an AGP x1950GT(256M).Everybody is speaking about PCI-express.What kind of OsX do I need for it and what packages, methods?Thanks for your help!
For mac os x 10.4.10 !

Hello all good boys!

My x1950 GT from Sapphire works great with qe/ci and full res. :D Thanks to all! :P

Hmm, but still only 1DVI works...Is real chance to run dual DVI on my 7288 card??

Please help me :angel:

Thx

PS:10.4.10 Jas instal,Darwin 8.10.1

My X1950 Pro works perfectly! Thanks!!!

However, if it could be of help, I have 10.4.10.

I installed the 10.4.10 package and I got QE/CI but no res change, so I installed the previous package and got it fully working.