Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

tried latest driver

and give me kernel panic

on

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

;)

8.9.1 kernel

p.s.

in the Info.plist i see this row it is correct? mmmm...

<string>0x72881002&0000ffff 0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 0x71C51002 0x71C01002 0x72401002 0x72491002</string>

p.s. (2)

tried to correct this line but the kernel panic still there ;)

tried latest driver

and give me kernel panic

on

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

:censored2:

8.9.1 kernel

p.s.

in the Info.plist i see this row it is correct? mmmm...

<string>0x72881002&0000ffff 0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 0x71C51002 0x71C01002 0x72401002 0x72491002</string>

p.s. (2)

tried to correct this line but the kernel panic still there :(

You download -->ati_7288.zip

Try !

You do not forget write in terminal in single user boot :

sudo -s also enter the password root!

chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

rm. /system/library/extensions.mkext

rm. /system/library/extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions

REBOOT !

If it has not helped, you will accept the driver ATINDRV.kext from Jcool !

In general, if at you works QE/CI through DVI>VGA through ATY_Wormy, to at you should work QE/CI on DVI through my driver ATY_Alopias!

Bronya !! Thanks again for your reply, now it's work nice.... just one thing, in system profile said

"Core image : Hardware Accelerated" just like your attach picture at the 1st page. And problem is..

my screensaver was not run at all, actuary this problem happen on 2 of 3 my system..I have 2 version of

10.4.10 install dvd.

1st. Kalyway 10.4.10

2nd. XXX 10.4.10

Both are good it's gave me more score on Xbench but look like not full core image support yet.

If I install from uphuck 10.4.9 or Jas 10.4.8 and then upgrade to 10.4.10 everything work perfect with your driver,

and system profile said " Core Image : Supported " and I don't know what is different. I still have Gforce 7300GT and

put in to my PC, both 3 system work perfect without any problem.....Because I work for Audio and need a bit more speed

from 10.4.10 install dvd, but don't wanna lost Core Image support....Please help again...THANKZZZZZZ

last one works like magic, but now it displays unknown ati board xD.... :thumbsup_anim:

Chipset Model: ATI unknown card

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7288

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 11x-1e190ASA-002

Displays:

DELL E153FP:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

Bronya !! Thanks again for your reply, now it's work nice.... just one thing, in system profile said "Core image : Hardware Accelerated" just like your attach picture at the 1st page. And problem is..my screensaver was not run at all, actuary this problem happen on 2 of 3 my system..I have 2 version of10.4.10 install dvd. 1st. Kalyway 10.4.10 2nd. XXX 10.4.10 Both are good it's gave me more score on Xbench but look like not full core image support yet.If I install from uphuck 10.4.9 or Jas 10.4.8 and then upgrade to 10.4.10 everything work perfect with your driver,and system profile said " Core Image : Supported " and I don't know what is different. I still have Gforce 7300GT andput in to my PC, both 3 system work perfect without any problem.....Because I work for Audio and need a bit more speedfrom 10.4.10 install dvd, but don't wanna lost Core Image support....Please help again...THANKZZZZZZ

There are such errors after installation dvd 10.4.10, it it is necessary much modifications. Better update from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10.

"Supported" or "Hardware Accelerated" - The different...

last one works like magic, but now it displays unknown ati board xD.... :PChipset Model: ATI unknown card

He he he ! You fix the natit.kext ...

Hello Bronya

my card won't work. is a rebel one.

now i have installed the driver you told me ati_7288.zip ( 404.96K ) now boot with correct resolution 1680x1050 on DVI but still miss CI/QE

the latest driver (the one on first post) give me kernel panic

what other can i do?

Hello Bronya my card won't work. is a rebel one. now i have installed the driver you told me ati_7288.zip ( 404.96K ) now boot with correct resolution 1680x1050 on DVI but still miss CI/QE the latest driver (the one on first post) give me kernel panic what other can i do?
If on 1 post driver in kernel panic, ok , i delete driver on 1 post ! I Change driver :D

1 post updated !

is there any difference between supporter and hardware accelerated?¿?¿?

"Supported" - To version 10.4.10

"Hardware Accelerated" - From version 10.4.11 to leopard ...

Here's a quick update.

I decided to perform a clean install of OS X then load Bonya's new package - guess what - it didn't work!!

It worked before, so I guess it must have been a kext that I had installed in the previous installation that enabled Bronya's package to get my card working. So I installed JCool's package, rebooted, then installed Bronya's - PRESTO! my card works again. Possibly there must be a dependency that Bronya's package needs from JCool's?

Anyway, the card is working a treat, except for DOOM 3 which runs like {censored}, whereas my old GeForce6600GT handled it well, so I'm also guessing that even though the X1950Pro is now "supported" the OpenGL driver needs a lot of work.

He he he !

You should repair permissions after installation of my package! :

chown -R 0:0 ....... :(

The thing is Bonya, I did repair permissions :(

sudo -s

Bronia,

tried again from scracth (reinstalled osx) with driver for 7288 i can get in graphic mode (default colored blue screen) but but no mouse nor desktop with menu dock, etc.

so someone here have done it with this driver?

ATI Sapphire x1950GT ID 7288 on PCIe ->DVI

ps. with the package for GT PRO by Bronias on Post 1 i can get full res but no CI/QE

any help?

Bronia,

tried again from scracth (reinstalled osx) with driver for 7288 i can get in graphic mode (default colored blue screen) but but no mouse nor desktop with menu dock, etc.

so someone here have done it with this driver?

ATI Sapphire x1950GT ID 7288 on PCIe ->DVI

ps. with the package for GT PRO by Bronias on Post 1 i can get full res but no CI/QE

any help?

Install the GT PRO pacakage first , then :

sudo -s

p_up.gifp_middot.gif

p_mq_add.gifp_middot.gif

Then reboot , you'll get full res support , then replace the 7288.zip files with the files in /system/library/extensions , then

sudo -s

kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions p_up.gifp_middot.gif

p_mq_add.gifp_middot.gif

reboot..

Hi Bronya, you changed the headline of the thread from x1950pro to x1950gtpro and updated your first post with new attachments/drivers.

For those of us who have X1950pro and not GT, which drivers should we use? For instance I have Asus EAX X1950PRO-PCIE 256MB, I used the drivers you originally posted and they worked though I have mouse tearing.

So will the new drivers you posted on page 1 work for X1950PRO too? Thanks.

Nadeem i followe exactly step by step the procedure you suggested.

but i get the same result (default blu desktop background without mouse and finder)

the first reboot i get full res without CI/QE

on the second reboot (putting th driver for GT) hang like i said ( i could say that the system is up because disk continue to load , but miss Aqua interface....or is elsewhere)

the driver work on 10.4.10 ?

ps.

i use last 8.9.1 kernel

Hi Bronya, you changed the headline of the thread from x1950pro to x1950gtpro and updated your first post with new attachments/drivers. For those of us who have X1950pro and not GT, which drivers should we use? For instance I have Asus EAX X1950PRO-PCIE 256MB, I used the drivers you originally posted and they worked though I have mouse tearing. So will the new drivers you posted on page 1 work for X1950PRO too? Thanks.
It is possible! Try!
Nadeem i followe exactly step by step the procedure you suggested.but i get the same result (default blu desktop background without mouse and finder)the first reboot i get full res without CI/QEon the second reboot (putting th driver for GT) hang like i said ( i could say that the system is up because disk continue to load , but miss Aqua interface....or is elsewhere)the driver work on 10.4.10 ?ps.i use last 8.9.1 kernel
You download Ati_7288.zip and installed ... and run . Ati_7288 for 10.4.9 ! Yes work on 10.4.10 .

@x1950GT owners!:

Install using Bronyas package and click customize, uncheck ATIRadeonx1000 - ATIRadeonx1000GA - Natit. then finish install. Do not restart. copy the files in my package into /system/library/extensions/

and do

sudo -s

rm /system/library/extensions.mkext

rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache

now Reboot.

x1950GT files

nothing!

also with scrizz files and install procedure i get stuck on blue backgroud (no mouse, no desktop)

must be something with my hackintosh distrib.

i'm using latest XxX OSX 10.4.10 with PPF1 ...

this week-end i will give a try to JaS 10.4.8

would be useful if someone give us how to clean properly the system from all this driver versions, to properly install package from start (i.e. wich files should be deleted before install)

thx for your time.

nothing!

also with scrizz files and install procedure i get stuck on blue backgroud (no mouse, no desktop)

must be something with my hackintosh distrib.

i'm using latest XxX OSX 10.4.10 with PPF1 ...

this week-end i will give a try to JaS 10.4.8

would be useful if someone give us how to clean properly the system from all this driver versions, to properly install package from start (i.e. wich files should be deleted before install)

thx for your time.

In the beginning you establish so:

1) Establish ATIRadeonx1000.kext and ATIRadeonx1000ga.plugin, work QE/CI without natit???

2) If works QE/CI then establish natit.kext and ATINDRV.kext (ATY_Alopias.kext) from my post 1!

3) Try!

Hi Bronya,

I just ran your new installer 'Ati_x1950GT_Pro.mpkg'. I didn't install ATY_Alopias.kext.zip. Just to refresh I have an Asus EAX X1950PRO-256MB PCI-E, not GT. I was apprehensive because you have renamed it GT. I have a 17 inch LCD connected vis a DVI-VGA adapter.

The good news is its working perfectly so far. The difference from this and your previous driver posted originally is:

1 . I am getting rotation too, apart from CI and QE. Previously rotation was not showing in entries under video card:

2. I have 2 entries under video card:

a. ATI Radeon X1950 Series PCIE

b. ATI Radeon X1950 Series Secondary PCIE

3. Previously I had CI and QE from your last driver, but under display there was nothing. Now it says 'Status: No Display Connected'.

4. The displays setting in System Preferences no longer shows just 1 resolution, its showing many resolutions to choose from, just like jccools driver.

5. Last and best of all there is not so much mouse tearing as before. The mouse also has a thin white border around it I didn't previously notice.

Yeah :censored2: I have the same problem...

In the beginning you establish so:1) Establish ATIRadeonx1000.kext and ATIRadeonx1000ga.plugin, work QE/CI without natit???2) If works QE/CI then establish natit.kext and ATINDRV.kext (ATY_Alopias.kext) from my post 1!3) Try!
I get stuck on blue backgroud (no mouse, no desktop)must be something with my hackintosh distrib.i'm using latest XxX OSX 10.4.10 with PPF1 ...

No Bronya.i never get QE/CI to work!without natit.kext the system stuck on console after launching loginwindow.app. with natit i go a bit beyond ( in graphic mode )edit.i attached log from dmesg maybe is useful for someone.
It at you what that a problem!You delete natit.kext, ATI Driver. Reboot. Then update_prebinding -root / -force. Then establish only ATI_7288.zip! For you should work QE/CI! If has earned QE/CI then establish natit.kext!
4. The displays setting in System Preferences no longer shows just 1 resolution, its showing many resolutions to choose from, just like jccools driver.
For you works QE/CI, it is good!And res does not work, you should establish atindrv.kext and natit.kext! Then repair permissions! And it should work.
Yeah :blink: I have the same problem...I get stuck on blue backgroud (no mouse, no desktop)must be something with my hackintosh distrib.i'm using latest XxX OSX 10.4.10 with PPF1 ...
You videocard ???
stupid question .. is there any chance this could be used with a mobility x1600 card ? devid 71c5tried enything else and it does not work. Thank you for your time.
It is a pity, search in other posts!