Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I noticed that the attansic L1 doesn't play well with overclocking (for me at least). Anyone else? with my E2140 at an FSB of anything over 233, i would get corrupted data (ie EXEs that don't run, DMGs that don't mount, AVIs that can't be skipped forward). my PCI/PCIe Realtek, Via, 3com, Marvell NICs don't have this problem. WHY would ASUS choose to make the L1 rather than use a proven chip from another manufacturer?

All the same, it would be very nice to have a driver, to free up a PCI slot.

WHY would ASUS choose to make the L1 rather than use a proven chip from another manufacturer?

costs maybe, maybe asus got better deal from attansic than realtek etc.

my PCI/PCIe Realtek, Via, 3com, Marvell NICs don't have this problem.

it maybe pci-e frequency. check if its not overclocked along with fsb? the standard value for pci-e should be 95Mhz i think, but not sure the exact number

costs maybe, maybe asus got better deal from attansic than realtek etc.

it maybe pci-e frequency. check if its not overclocked along with fsb? the standard value for pci-e should be 95Mhz i think, but not sure the exact number

yeah did some research. seems attansic was a subsidary of some sort of ASUS, before they were bought by Atheros.

I'll try playing with the PCIe freq. thanks.

Aside:

100 posts, w00t i've reached geek status!!

L2 is almost the same, as L1 :lol: It's not very complicated, but need to be deeply tested after each step of development. It's hard to develop drivers w/o special tools, like network simulation and so on.

BTW, please, can anyone point out, what type of board has Atheros L1 and L2 chip?

L2 is almost the same, as L1 :wacko: It's not very complicated, but need to be deeply tested after each step of development. It's hard to develop drivers w/o special tools, like network simulation and so on.

BTW, please, can anyone point out, what type of board has Atheros L1 and L2 chip?

Asus P5GC-MX/1333 has Atheros L2 chip. I tried the L1 debug driver. Seems to behave the same like L1.

Thanks for your effort DaemonES.

L2 is almost the same, as L1 :) It's not very complicated, but need to be deeply tested after each step of development. It's hard to develop drivers w/o special tools, like network simulation and so on.

my mobo is ASUS P5K SE. it's using Atheros L1 Gigabit ethernet adapter....

thx for ur development,and we all hope u can done this hard project!~!! :P