New GA-Z790-D and i7-1200KF build advice

Henties

3 posts in this topic

Hi @all I just about completed the assembly of the following components for a new hackintosh:

GA-Z790-D mobo

i7-1200KF cpu

2 x 32 GiG Corsair Vengeance LPX memory

Red Devil RX 6800 XT Gpu

1 x Samsung EVO 970 500GB NVMe

3 x Samsung EVO 860 SSD;s

2 x WD Black 2TB NVMe's

1 x Noctual NH-D14 air cooler with an adaptor plate for an Intel 1700 socket

Apple Magic keyboard V.2

Logitech M705 Marathon mouse

Logitech C370 Webcam

The first initial startup - into Win 11 - is imminent, from where I will do the USB mapping for all the ports

I actually require and deem essential.

Note that, for obvious reasons, I deliberately steered away from the Raptor Lake CPU range.

In order to successfully complete this hack I would appreciate some help and advice about the

recommended bios, P-core, E-Core and hyper threading settings. If my memory serves me correctly

@Miezeis actually running a hack with fairly similar hardware, it would be great if she would share some

of her settings that work in her particular environment. Miau.

On the ACPI side I plan not to rely on a modded all inclusive DSDT file but rather on individually tailored .aml

files placed in the opencore ACPI folder. This measure should allow me more flexibility should it be required to

change something further down the line.

I am already running, quite successfully, 2 x GA-Z490-G mobos each with an Intel i9-10850K processor.

I figure that the transition from a Comet Lake to an Alder Lake environment should not be too challenging.

I am looking forward to any assistance or advice so that this new build can shortly be finalized and placed

into service.

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties

Bios/UEFI in full default. Just disable secure boot and enable XMP profile. Use last version from gigabyte.

Your EFI folder. Just generate new SMBIOS/Serial EFI Henties.zip

About ACPI i have one crazy topic with one perfect Hack https://olarila.com/topic/41085-insane-acpi-editing-on-hackintosh-like-apple/

DSDT Unpatched with 116984 lines and 553 KB on disk. 

DSDT Patched with 5520 lines and 25 KB on disk.

DSDT.MaLd0n z790.zip

xh_rps14 Vanilla USB.aml.zip

• Thanks 1