[Pre Release] macOS Sequoia 15.1

163 posts in this topic

Flawless OTA upgrade of Sequoia 15.1 Beta 6 -> Beta 7 on my HackMini8,1.  Booting with Open Core 1.0.2.  Not using OCLP.  Disabled BlueToolFixup.kext before the update to allow incremental update.  Re-enabled BlueToolFixup.kext after the update completed.  MS Remote Desktop connects without any issues over Ethernet after the upgrade.  After a reboot, MS Remote Desktop continues to experience failed connections to remote Windows desktops (like previous versions of Sequoia 15.1 Beta).  Work-around is "System Settings > Network > Ethernet > Make Inactive" followed by "System Settings > Network > Ethernet > Make active" to toggle the active state of Ethernet.

Screenshot2024-10-16at9_04_36AM.png.c31c5082ecc0cfde62d15e7bafb96419.png

EDIT: Ethernet connectivity for Remote Desktop clients continues to be a problem in Sequoia 15.1 Beta 7.  An alternative to toggling the active state of Ethernet via System Settings is to toggle via terminal  or script with the following commands:

sudo ifconfig en0 down
sudo ifconfig en0 up

EDIT2: Attached is a simple script to serve as a model for your own.

toggleEth.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 9

Flawless upgrade via OTA from Sequoia 15.1 Beta 6 -> Beta 7 on my HackBookPro6,2. Applying post-install patches with OCLP 2.0.2.  Booting with OC 1.0.2. Well done, Devs!  This old hack is incredibly responsive with Sequoia.

Screenshot2024-10-16at10_28_35AM.png.f809ebb106cb44d4537c42b74b77ee6e.png

• Like 9

Updated successfully reverting OCLP patches as suggested here and reapplying them. Unfortunately I get black boxes and I also tried to change color profiles since I read it worked for someone. No way. It must be some kind of issue with kepler GPU and OCLP. If I revert the patches I loose graphic acceleration but I have no black boxes.

Let's wait, maybe in a future release of OCLP there will be a fix.

Senza nome.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Flawless upgrade via OTA from Sequoia 15.1 Beta 6 -> Beta 7 on my HackBookPro6,2. Applying post-install patches with OCLP 2.0.2.  Booting with OC 1.0.2. Well done, Devs!  This old hack is incredibly responsive with Sequoia.

Screenshot2024-10-16at10_28_35AM.png.f809ebb106cb44d4537c42b74b77ee6e.png

How have you edited about this Mac to say dell lattitude